Cancelled this game now due to Beta, many online mp cheevos and grind ones!!! :P

cheevo360

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/for-honor/trophies/

Look at over sister site.

So I had cancelled preorder it now since yesterday when found out about it.

Beta also bored quickly when played some matches in it.

Ubisoft again let me down. Lol don't trust them continue.

I cannot wait for Sniper Elite 4 as game look great and also achievements list is nice. :)

I don't see anything wrong with this list. Of course there are a lot of mp cheevos. At least I always thought this game was more PvP focused than SP.

Nothing too grindy IMO as well. Probably takes around 1 month casually playing. In fact the hardest achievement might be in SP category ;)

Anyway I enjoy this game very much and easily max this game.

"An Exceptional Accomplishment"

Complete Story Mode at Realistic difficulty.

I'm thinking this may prove to be quite challenging.

The rest seem okay. Obviously a bit of grinding will need to be done, but the list looks reasonable after a quick glance at it. I just hope we can play the campaign when the servers go down :o

I don't see any grind whatsoever, it'll take a while but its pretty solid for a multiplayer focused game.

I agree about the boredom though, not sure how much id want to play. I like the 4v4s but I'm not a big fan of the other game modes like Dominion.

I think there should be a 12v12 where you all charge at each other in a line, Braveheart style.

I'm the opposite, I'm absolutely loving it. I have the same worries about how long the gameplay will stay fun but im having a blast in the meantime. Mained Conqueror in the last 2 tests and he's a great defensive character. Been playing Peacekeeper and Nobushi this time round and they're harder to play but also a lot of fun.

I think there's enough depth with the characters and their movesets and I love the customisation, I'm hooked already:/

There's definitely questions to be asked about the network issues, I've been playing most of the day and I've had quite a few but it IS only a beta. Seeing the support Siege has had since release gives me hope that For Honor will get the same

I'm the opposite, I'm absolutely loving it. I have the same worries about how long the gameplay will stay fun but im having a blast in the meantime. Mained Conqueror in the last 2 tests and he's a great defensive character. Been playing Peacekeeper and Nobushi this time round and they're harder to play but also a lot of fun.

I can't put the Orochi down. He's my boi! I really need to spend some more time with the Viking class though. They wreck shop, but are often beaten out by my Orochi's speed.

There's definitely questions to be asked about the network issues, I've been playing most of the day and I've had quite a few but it IS only a beta. Seeing the support Siege has had since release gives me hope that For Honor will get the same

I'm hoping we'll see a day one patch that improves server issues/disconnections from data they've gathered from the betas. If the full game is as rough as the beta, I'll be returning it rather promptly I'd imagine :o

I had a lot of fun playing the beta! I enjoy the gameplay and have no issues with the achievement list.

I have tried out all the characters and like the warlord most of all, although the hate messages I was getting for using the character I want was ridiculous. One guy even was saying rude things because of my high gear score in a 2v2 brawl (gear is off in 1v1 and 2v2 :/ )

Anyway, I see it as every move has a counter move, (rock, paper, scissors style) so whenever I found myself getting smashed by a particular move or character I practice against them to get better and learn how to not get smashed. I guess those people sending hate messages expected to win by spamming the same moves over and over and then get cranky when they lose?

Despite the fun I had, disconnections are a joke. When the game worked it was great - heart racing adrenaline rush fun - but when it doesnt it us such a letdown. Killing a player then having them rage quit to be replaced by a bot with full health standing behind me. Or when you are in the middle of a really good close game and then get disconnected, just leaves a sour taste in the mouth. P2P in a AAA multiplayer game in this day and age is just cheap cost cutting, and evidently has put many people off the game.

I will still be getting the game at launch, but being realistic I cant see the connection issues being fixed before the game is fully released. I hope ubisoft can prove me wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

Despite the fun I had, disconnections are a joke. When the game worked it was great - heart racing adrenaline rush fun - but when it doesnt it us such a letdown. Killing a player then having them rage quit to be replaced by a bot with full health standing behind me. Or when you are in the middle of a really good close game and then get disconnected, just leaves a sour taste in the mouth. P2P in a AAA multiplayer game in this day and age is just cheap cost cutting, and evidently has put many people off the game.

For all the good the game has to offer, your post sums up what is truly holding it back. With dedicated servers, this game could reach the success it deserves, I think. I can't understand what Ubisoft were thinking about when they came to the decision to make the game P2P. Money, I guess.. ;)

OP is a troll. This guy wrote in this forum and like 3 comment sections that he's cancelling his preorder due to achievements. I don't think anyone does that unless they try to get a rise out of people lol.

I for one enjoyed the beta and the achievement list doesn't scare me. I don't expect my achievements to be handed to me.

dont really care about the achievement list myself, il do my best to 1000g but more so im just going to enjoy the game and i do love the game, its awesome.

i gotta say tho for honor is full of cry babies. orochis op!, nobushis op! warlord, peace keeper, berserker, conqueror, kensei is op! and believe it or not there are people bitching that warden is op. i mean like....how?! what about the warden is op. its just stupid. they dont bother learning the game mechanics nor learn about the heroes they just jump on the forums and cry OP. every hero is OP apparently.

anyway im with blu wolf, the disconnections is the games main drawback. typical damn ubisoft. be it dedicated or P2P shits gonna be broken. which is a damn shame because they make great games. i still love rainbow six siege [my sig and avatar probably gives that away]. i play the hell out of that game and love it way more than cod, titanfall or battlefield. heres hoping ubisoft invests more money into online services.

bf37ddd173c3dcde5bc7a87d6d326eaf2e3c21f1cc95055d1d507a42a69446f5_1.jpg

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

I have tried out all the characters and like the warlord most of all, although the hate messages I was getting for using the character I want was ridiculous. One guy even was saying rude things because of my high gear score in a 2v2 brawl (gear is off in 1v1 and 2v2 :/ )

i gotta say tho for honor is full of cry babies. orochis op!, nobushis op! warlord, peace keeper, berserker, conqueror, kensei is op! and believe it or not there are people bitching that warden is op. i mean like....how?! what about the warden is op. its just stupid. they dont bother learning the game mechanics nor learn about the heroes they just jump on the forums and cry OP. every hero is OP apparently.

Wardens probably gave me the most trouble during the beta playing as a Peacekeeper but I never once thought it was because the class itself was OP, they just have so much damn HP. Luckily enough I didn't receive any hate mail, just one guy who was miffed when I attacked him in a 2v2 after I had killed my guy.

I expect to get a shitload of them on release though as I aim to poke, bleed and ledge every enemy I see :D

Edited by Grey Delta

I expect to get a shitload of them on release though as I aim to poke, bleed and ledge every enemy I see :D

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/3/37/IMG_0286.GIF/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/158?cb=20161126224141

Not long now!

Oddly enough, Peacekeeper was all I really played and that is 100% my preferred playstyle (bleed and embarrass with ledge kicks)... didn't get a single hate message. I was shocked.

Hmmm, split on whether I should pick this up tomorrow or wait for a sale. Someone persuade me one way or the other.

Here is my persuasion for waiting for a sale:

1) Servers are utter garbage and will only get worse as they are slammed with new players.

2) Gameplay is repetitive (although enjoyable) and not worth full AAA price.

3) I'm not buying it until a sale. We can group up together with my gamesharing partner for a solid three when it goes on sale.

OP is a troll. This guy wrote in this forum and like 3 comment sections that he's cancelling his preorder due to achievements. I don't think anyone does that unless they try to get a rise out of people lol.

Doesn't seem very different from other guys who actively avoid a game because of perceived difficulty or lengthy completions. If that kinda stuff really matters to him then he's free to do whatever he wants with money, as long as he's not obnoxious about it.

Now the real question is whether or not the game has a dance-off mode...

[ame]

[/ame]

I think we have our answer :o

If I could ensure server stability, I'd push you to get it, Shep. Did you get around to playing the beta?

I didn't. I tried downloading it and after several hours there was an error and had to start all over again and I said screw it.

I guess I'll wait for it to go on sale, or at the very least my next paycheck. My only worry is that it will go down the route of Evolve, with practically no one playing it after a few months. I'd like to play it while there is still an active community. Still, it hasn't come out yet so there's no point in gloomily predicting the future.

I didn't. I tried downloading it and after several hours there was an error and had to start all over again and I said screw it.

Ugh, I know that feel. I've had it happen with big files before :o

I guess I'll wait for it to go on sale, or at the very least my next paycheck. My only worry is that it will go down the route of Evolve, with practically no one playing it after a few months. I'd like to play it while there is still an active community. Still, it hasn't come out yet so there's no point in gloomily predicting the future.

I think you might be onto something with your Evolve theory. Personally, and even with extra content coming, I can't see the game having a long life filled with activity, say like the first Titanfall game. I'll let you know how the servers go through this week and if the campaign can be played when the servers are unreachable and maybe that could help you decide on your purchase?

I'm taking the plunge and if it turns out to be an unstable mess during the first 10 days, I'll simply return it and get it at a later date :o

That kinda stuff is hard to predict, because I really though Evolve was gonna have some lasting legs due to the fact that it was made by the studio behind L4D, and L4D was one of the best games to come out of the last gen. To be fair though there aren't many games that are new IPs which have a thriving community months after release, because most people are ready to move on to the next big thing and only a few games (like Destiny, Rainbow 6 Siege, and Overwatch) are able to retain a community of hardcore fans. I don't see For Honor being one of those games unfortunately, but I'm hopeful as the concept is pretty unique and we need more games that aren't simply shooters!

I will certainly get it at some point. The premise is just so cool. And the fact that it has a single player campaign is a strong selling point. So many multiplayer centric games have dropped SP lately. I understand why, of course, its just that im primarily a SP gamer.

I guess I'll just wait for reviews to come out. Ugh, who does that?