Helpful Starter Tips

Bergy3

Hey guys, I've been hype for this game since it was first announced. I was lucky enough to play in the closed tests and the open beta and now the game has finally arrived!

Here's some stuff that is not well explained in the game menus, this info may make your early experience more enjoyable.

- You can make 4 different emblems from your Profile tab, you're committed to the faction (knights, vikings, samurai) but you can change up your shield as much as you want. Use the five layers to make compound shapes, drop shadows, or a face perhaps. Yes, you can make a dong. :rolleyes:

- After the basic tutorial, complete the advanced practice from the main menu. You get paid 1500 steel and you just might learn a little something.

- You can try any character you like in any MP mode without 'recruiting' them, save your steel for now unless you are sure you want to master that character. Or just dress them up, I guess..recruiting is only about gear and customization.

- Playing through the story campaign will unlock ornaments in the customization menus for various characters. It's a fun ride and a great way to flirt with each of the characters before engaging in MP.

- Champion status is totally worth it! The XP boost is great, and when multiple teammates also have it the 10% bonus will stack for a massive payout. You can purchase it for steel in the main menu, check it out.

That's about it, if I missed anything please add it in the comments. See you on the battlefield! #SwordBros

You also get 4k steel for beating the story ( i did it on hard first time through, not sure about normal) and get quite a few free scavenger packs from breakables.

And yeah save steel until you hit renown 1. You will start getting blues then.

Don't just rush through the advanced tutorials, practice the 2v1 defence, parry timing, and guardbreak timing until you are comfortable, and then go into a practice duel vs a lvl 0 bot and learn your moves. In fact, it is good to run through with every hero and learn what they can do, this will make fighting them a bit easier. No need to be an expert with everyone, but like every fighting game ever, knowing what your opponent is capable of will help you defend or avoid it.

Even when you have a firm grasp on the foundations of the combat it can be tough to pickup a new character right away.

I stumbled upon a great series put on by YouTuber 'Klyka' called Hero School. He hosts a guest player who guides you through the finer points of the featured character. Great to get some tools, take them into the dojo and then unleash them on some other players.

Even when you have a firm grasp on the foundations of the combat it can be tough to pickup a new character right away.

I stumbled upon a great series put on by YouTuber 'Klyka' called Hero School. He hosts a guest player who guides you through the finer points of the featured character. Great to get some tools, take them into the dojo and then unleash them on some other players.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. Also watching the "how to" in the hero menu is pretty helpful.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Is this game hard to get into? I love Ubisoft Montreal, But was never really sold on this game.

It's a decent game but the MP achievements are grindy and the difficulty achievements are brutal (to me).

Also not a very clear understanding of all the ins/outs for purchasing, upgrades and crafting. Feels like there is a TON of stuff in the game I am missing out on because I don't understand it