Official Bitching Thread

XxBlueSpade2xX

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After playing the beta I was so disappointed. The game seem like a fancy game of rock paper scissors. I was super pumped for this game being a huge dark souls fan and found the combat to be repetitive and boring. So I cancelled my pre-order.

Anyone else have any thoughts that might change my mind? I want to really like this game and support a new IP.

Well, the combat hasn't changed since the beta, so if you found it boring then, you will probably still find it boring now. Maybe trying different characters could make it more interesting to you? The full game appears to be more stable then the beta and the story mode is good so far, at least the 5 missions I've completed and their accompanying story.

Come to think of it, I find the combat more exciting and less sluggish than Dark Souls games.

If you find the combat boring quickly in multiplayer, wouldn't it be just as boring, if not more boring in single player? Isn't what makes a potentially boring combat system more exciting the unpredictability of a human being, the need to adapt on the fly to another's playstyle? To look another human in the virtual eyes knowing that you.. you have come out on top..

I was thinking more taking that combat system and putting it into a more traditional action adventure game.

Imagine the sense of discovery and adventure you get from Dark Souls but with For Honor combat system. One on one battles and running from point A to B one hitting NPCs on the way gets old quickly for me.

im not really seeing the repetitiveness myself, unless you only play campaign. you always have to play differently depending on how the other player is playing hos/her character. the more i play the game the more and more i learn.

its not really just rock paper and scissors either. its a big mind game figuring out your opponent. are they aggressive, are they defensive. do they love to guardbreak, do they love to dodge and attack, are they attacker fakers to create openings, are they very good at parrying and forcing you to do fakes to catch them off guard and keep them guessing, are they up close and personal, are they ranged fighters. honorable players and dishonorable players. i could go on but point is it always playing differently especially vs high skill level players or people of equal skill.

fighting the A.I however is boring as hell and i wish they wouldnt give orders related to playing A.i. i hate playing it. i enjoyed the campaign but the bot difficulty for realistic is just a joke and ends up making you have bad habits for pvp as they just have no real defense or offense. they literally just take the beating. the bots in pvp matches are significantly higher level and are basterds to deal with sometimes.

and as for dark souls, i love the game but i never did like the pvp aspect of it. for honor is far more indepth and tense than dark souls pvp.

anyway yeah, if you are just playing the campaign and find it repetitive then i can see that and advise you to hit online pvp to put yourself to the test

I have yet to find any MP game that wasn't repetitive to some extent. Im not sure that it is any more or less repetitive from any fighter, racer, or FPS ever made. Its different by its theme, and the human factor very much plays a role. It's a nice change of pace, much like what makes Siege different than every other shooter. You can hack and slash, but teamwork and strategy can be a big part of the game too. Especially with countering and using the best combos for the right situation. Tons of customization. Hopefully they add more game modes in the future, but i think its a great game IMO

Edited by olthof75

So far I'm enjoying the game and don't have too many game play complaints. My only true concern is not being able to join a non-Dominion PvP match since launch. I've tried to search in every mode and cannot find a game.

Otherwise the combat is enjoyable and challenging and I've decided to push through to Reputation 1 before switching from Kensei.

My only true concern is not being able to join a non-Dominion PvP match since launch. I've tried to search in every mode and cannot find a game.

I'm a little surprised by that. I've been mainly playing other game modes apart from Dominion and haven't had any problems finding matches :o

i find brawl to be the fastest game mode,elimination has been the slowest by far.

tonight tho matchmaking has been terribly slow, searching for a dominion with very high activity and its taking forever to find a game where it usually takes 1-2 minutes.

ubisoft and their damn matchmaking lol

im not really seeing the repetitiveness myself, unless you only play campaign. you always have to play differently depending on how the other player is playing hos/her character. the more i play the game the more and more i learn.

its not really just rock paper and scissors either. its a big mind game figuring out your opponent. are they aggressive, are they defensive. do they love to guardbreak, do they love to dodge and attack, are they attacker fakers to create openings, are they very good at parrying and forcing you to do fakes to catch them off guard and keep them guessing, are they up close and personal, are they ranged fighters. honorable players and dishonorable players. i could go on but point is it always playing differently especially vs high skill level players or people of equal skill.

Top quality post dude, describes EXACTLY what I love about this game. What you said about realistic difficulty also gives me hope, I haven't really been looking forward to that

I'm a little surprised by that. I've been mainly playing other game modes apart from Dominion and haven't had any problems finding matches :o

I've let it go for upwards of 5 minutes (I start playing Marvel Future Fight on my phone) and I cannot find a match.

Brawls, Elims, Skirmish...nothing so far but Dominion or PvAI.

Top quality post dude, describes EXACTLY what I love about this game. What you said about realistic difficulty also gives me hope, I haven't really been looking forward to that

i can only think of 2 fights in particular that was slightly difficult. there are almost no checkpoints but the ai is so stupid its unreal. you will honestly be shocked at how bad they are. the devs said realistic would kick our asses. playing through i figured oh maybe its easy because its start of the chapter. just as easy all through apart from 2 fights. maybe 3 fights but definitely the last fight.

if you were to do it coop tho its even easier since you can just revive each other and gank lol.

I've let it go for upwards of 5 minutes (I start playing Marvel Future Fight on my phone) and I cannot find a match.

Brawls, Elims, Skirmish...nothing so far but Dominion or PvAI.

Damn.. You're NAT setting is at least moderate and not strict, right? Seems odd.. You've reset your router/modem and hard reset your console I assume? Do you often have issues with multiplayer gaming?

How's everyone going with their drop kills? I'm at 78% :D

Damn.. You're NAT setting is at least moderate and not strict, right? Seems odd.. You've reset your router/modem and hard reset your console I assume? Do you often have issues with multiplayer gaming?

How's everyone going with their drop kills? I'm at 78% :D

haha nice, mines not doing so well, never seem to be in the right situation.

currently on 12%

Revenge builds are fucking bullshit. When I'm 1v1 with a dude and he blocks twice & gets revenge and stomps on me because I can't interrupt his attacks, I'm calling bullshit.

Bullshit.

I recommend parry into guard break against people in revenge mode. Then when you guard break do which ever punish yout character can do.

I've been playing For Honor since open beta, I love the game and have already sunk quite a few hours into it. But the one thing that tarnishes this game is the bloody disconnects. It wouldn't be so bad if the progress towards orders and exp you had gained was still awarded. So even if you play 10 minutes of a game and only have to kill one more hero and the game disconnects you get nothing, you have effectively wasted 10 minutes of your life. They either need to fix these issues or still reward players for their time. Even if its just keeps the gains towards challenges. They've had enough time to test the waters with the multiple betas and with the similar issues with R6: Siege.

Anyone else having the same issues?