Achievement Guide and Road Map

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Matchmaker count as a missable achievement? I assume if you burn through the dialogue for all but one person without flirting you could technically miss it in a single playthrough correct?

Sort of. I didn't list it as one because the achievement specifically states "across all playthroughs" - it's kind of a weird exception where you can "miss" it during your first playthrough but that's kind of ok? If that makes sense. I can add it if people think that would be better though.

Edited by The Pants Party

I added it in.

Actually I want to expand on the Matchmaker guide a bit. I know Avela ends in a kiss by a waterfall, and Keri ends when you talk to her at Vortex. Are there any other romances that DON'T end in sex? The rest are pretty obvious I think, but I know those two throw people off. Wanted to make note of any others if you guys know.

It might be easier to note which ones do end in sex. Lol. The only ones I've seen end in sex are Liam and Peebee. I know Jaal does not.

For this achievement:

Teamwork 20

Create six strike teams or earn 25 assist medals in multiplayer mode.

Any way to check the # of assist medals we've gotten so far? I can't find a stats page in-game. And can we earn multiple medals per game or is it just one per game?

Edit: Thanks Pants! I'm an idiot. Apparently it's under Prestige -> Challenges -> Accomplishments -> Teamwork. I didn't look there thoroughly the first time because I didn't think assists were challenges. Was looks for a stats page with kills, deaths, assists, etc. instead. Lol.

Edited by fastNcurious

Just a quick word to say that the scaling is real, second run on Insanity, level 85 atm, and enemies take very little damage. Breaking shields is a nightmare. Damage taken is all right, but just thinking about that last fight in the game with the 3000 enemies is scaring the shit out of me, and I have level X crafted and augmented everything :(

What powers even give assist points besides pull and singularity? The human adept is the only one that'll get you an assist medal out of all the classes I've played with, but at least it's an easy gold every game if you use your powers a lot.

What powers even give assist points besides pull and singularity? The human adept is the only one that'll get you an assist medal out of all the classes I've played with, but at least it's an easy gold every game if you use your powers a lot.

Annihilation (think you need to take the rank 5 debuff) cryo beam, throw. Human Adept is the way to go, pull gets 25 assist score for every enemy you use it on and singularity gives 100+ assist score per enemy for some reason. Every other power seems to only get 3-12 assist score lol.

I personally think you should add it since some people will be following the minimum of 1 playthrough in the overview and trying to get all the achievements the first time through.

That doesn't make it missable. A missable achievement is one that ANYONE can potentially miss (finite access, being time sensitive, or anything else along those lines). Just because you impose such a restriction on yourself, doesn't make the achievement itself missable -- it makes you a dumbass for refusing to play the game a second time (especially in a game that it's literally impossible to get everything out of in just one play thru (Scott and Sara are two different characters, unlike with Shepard's two possible genders)).

You can get it 1 play thru, you can get it over the course of 3, or you can take 30 to get it. The achievement is, by design, the furthest from being missable possible!

I don't know that only wanting to play the game once makes you a dumbass... :/

I'll leave it as missable considering I put the "required playthroughs" at 1. It makes sense to point out that if you want do to 1 play, it IS missable at that point. If you miss it, you need a second regardless of having to do the entire achievement or just part of it.

I personally think you should add it since some people will be following the minimum of 1 playthrough in the overview and trying to get all the achievements the first time through.

I'd say the same, it's definitely missable since it's the only one I missed :) Even when you think you're doing it right it can go wrong, especially with Reyes as a female Ryder.

If one has to take into consideration successive playthroughs, in a RPG, to decide what's missable or not, then technically nothing is missable. Imagine playing Skyrim and someone tells you: "It's all right, it's not really missable, you can restart or get it next run". Well, yeah, sure :D But then nothing is missable.

Look at Resident Evil 7, the game by essence asks you to replay the story multiple times, and yet a ton of achievements that can be gotten in successive runs are marked as missable, because they can be missed during the first. Then again, it's just my opinion. Maybe choosing the word "Missable" at the start was a mistake?

To me, this achievement is more missable than the Remnant Consoles, because if you explore the game 100% and take your time, you'll find all of them by yourself, by the end of your first run (I did), but the romance one has nothing to do with being thorough, and even with a guide, it can be missed.

To me, this achievement is more missable than the Remnant Consoles, because if you explore the game 100% and take your time, you'll find all of them by yourself

I was with you until this part. Six of those ARE fully missable. If you don't get them while you're doing the dungeon, you can't come back to them. A few aren't hidden that well, but I know at least two or three definitely are, and there's only 22 total so there's very little room for error.

I was with you until this part. Six of those ARE fully missable. If you don't get them while you're doing the dungeon, you can't come back to them. A few aren't hidden that well, but I know at least two or three definitely are, and there's only 22 total so there's very little room for error.

Yeah, I played blind and missed this achievement. I thought I was looking hard enough but guess not ;)

If you have sex with someone and keep playing, you cannot get the achievement in one playthrough. Therefore, it is missable.

Pretty clear cut.

jswartz, it sounds like you're confusing missable with unobtainable.

No, unabtainable would be something along the lines of Early Access -- where it is literally impossible to get after a certain date (MP achievements after servers are shut down being another prime example). It is an individual's fault for not wanting to play a game more than once, and not the achievement's, if you fail to get it, therefore, an achievement that specifically states as being able to be done over multiple play thrus is by definition NOT missable! If you list that as missable, you then also have to list every single achievement that is power-based as being missable too, because you can easily spec a character to have every power BUT the ones required.

@Jswartz: JUST STOP ALREADY. If you take a certain relationship too far, you can lock yourself out of other relationships. That makes it missable. The point you tried to make about powers is not the same thing because you can save your game, respec, then go after the other power related achievements. Being able to get it in another playthrough doesn't count. By that 'logic', NO achievement is ever missable because gee, I can just play the game again! Derpy derp derp. :think:

Even Pants agreed that it's missable and he made the damn guide. Not only that, he has made hundreds of guides! If anyone is qualified to make a judgement call on this, it's him. So just give it up already.

It is an individual's fault for not wanting to play a game more than once, and not the achievement's, if you fail to get it, therefore, an achievement that specifically states as being able to be done over multiple play thrus is by definition NOT missable! If you list that as missable, you then also have to list every single achievement that is power-based as being missable too, because you can easily spec a character to have every power BUT the ones required.

I think you fully understand why we're calling it missable, so I'm not sure why you're being so difficult about this. I'm writing the guide so that people can get the achievements in the quickest way possible, which is one playthrough. If I neglect to mention that you can miss Matchmaker during that playthrough, I will have people very upset with me down the line. I understand the coding of the achievement works so you can do one romance over three playthroughs and still get it, but that's not how I'm presenting the road map. That fact IS stated plainly in the guide though.

Your power-based achievement example doesn't work because you can respec at any time, and get those pre- or post-game.

Even Pants agreed that it's missable and he made the damn guide. Not only that, he has made hundreds of guides! If anyone is qualified to make a judgement call on this, it's him. So just give it up already.

I didn't list it as one because the achievement specifically states "across all playthroughs".

Goes both ways.

But whatever. People nowadays need WAY too much hand-holding! Really, the only reason to use this site anymore is to quickly see what achievements are missable, and thus that you need to be extra-vigilant for when in the applicable areas (thus minimizing potential spoilers). If I come and see the warning next to Matchmaker: "Ummm... yeah. That's not missable," and all of sudden, the other warnings become suspect. The other three are legitimately flagged. Here, it's just crying wolf.

But hey, that's the world we live in these days, I guess. Common sense isn't so common. Don't worry... I'm done with any input now (including whether or not High Performance must be done in a single play thru or if it too is across all once I find out).

Goes both ways.

After my initial reaction, I realized Method and everyone had great points, and I've already explained why I've changed it to be missable.

But whatever. People nowadays need WAY too much hand-holding! But hey, that's the world we live in these days, I guess. Common sense isn't so common.

If you can't understand the idea that people want to maximize the amount of games they play, thus requiring that they minimize the amount of time they spend on any one specific game, then I don't know what to say.

I've written my guide to be helpful, and to get people 1000 Gamerscore with as little hassle and time commitment as possible. Listing Matchmaker as missable will highlight it more and cause less people to miss it on their first (and likely what they thought would be their only) playthrough, so I think I succeeded in that effort. Not sure why that's such a crime in your eyes.

Don't worry... I'm done with any input now (including whether or not High Performance must be done in a single play thru or if it too is across all once I find out).

My guide already covers this. You can either spend a ton of credits and respec all in a row (one playthrough) or save and reload between each one (technically all different playthroughs).

Edited by The Pants Party