Game of the Month: April (Community Challenge: Killer Instinct)

Dirty130

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/game/1/guide/KICC.jpg

Always wanting to try new things, the CET thought we'd challenge our community by requesting a select few achievements be unlocked in a particular game. Call it a 'Community Challenge' if you will? Killer Instinct will be the first game to trial this new mechanic and here are the achievements from the free Shadow Lords DLC we'd like to see members post, if they have unlocked them:

• "Hardcore" 15 :gsicon: (Unlocked by 1 member)
    You defeated Gargos on Godlike difficulty!

• "Buff Master" 20:gsicon: (Unlocked by 2 members)
    You defeated Gargos with 4 or more buffs in Shadow Lords mode!

• "Survivor" 20:gsicon: (Unlocked by 3 members)
    You completed a Shadow Lords playthrough without dying!

Killer Instinct Achievement List

For example, to beat this community challenge, 1 member would post that they've unlocked "Hardcore", 2 different members would post that they've unlocked "Buff Master" and another 3 different members would post they unlocked "Survivor". No same member can post they have unlocked more than 1 achievement. This challenge will take 6 members to complete, but all entries will go into the monthly gift card draw. If the community is successful, all participants will get 2 chances in the monthly gift card draw!

To participate in this event, all you have to do is post that you've unlocked one of the requested achievements and staff will check your account to verify it. (Make sure to have your Xbox Live account set to public, please.) All verified participants will go into the draw for a chance to win a $50 US Microsoft Gift Card! Be sure to tell us your gamertag and what region you're from, so we know the Microsoft Gift Card will suit your gamertag.

How to post your entry:

Please post your entry here, in this thread and following this example:

[spoiler=example2641]

Gamertag/Region: DirtyI30, Australia/PAL Region.

Killer Instinct Achievement Unlocked: Buff Master

Entrants throughout the month of April who participate in CG events will go into a single draw to win a $50 US Microsoft Gift Card (or nearest equivalent for your region). The maximum amount of chances to win for an entrant in the monthly draw is 2. The lucky Winner will be announced during the first 7-10 days of each following month. For more details, see the [Changes to Community Gaming Announcement thread]

Please Read:

[spoiler=pleaseread1321]Note 1: Please be sure to post your gamertag and have your Xbox Live profile set to public, so staff can verify your entry. You can change your profile back after the event if need be.

Note 2: Only post 1 requested achievement that you have unlocked. (1 achievement per member) It does not matter when the achievement was unlocked.

Note 3: Only post your entries during the dates of the featured event. 'Before and afters' will not be counted.

Edited by Dirty130

• 4 weeks later...
Just as an aside, I really like this, "community challenge" type of idea, Dirty! Looking forward to seeing what other kinds of games get included in the format.

Just a reminder that the CET is always open to ideas from our members for games or event types they'd like to see featured! :) [Link]

I'll admit Killer Instinct wasn't the best game to kick this off with, but I wouldn't have put the challenge forward if I didn't think our community couldn't complete it. The numbers required to succeed versus the amount of members who have the achievements is a little tight and that is something I've taken note of.

I was originally going to do this with Overwatch as I believe it would have proven to be more popular. There will be plenty of time for that and other games down the track though! :D

It was really good to see some of the big guns come out to play. There is 3 million+ gamerscore attached to just 4 posts of this thread :eek: