Destiny 2 Discussion & Questions Thread

xhunterrrr

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weeks nightfall is pretty easy, might be a good week to do prestige. If im around when you are looking for players send me a message and I will join for sure. I am using a 304 warlock.

We tried a few times and came up short by 10 or less seconds EVERY time :p.

It definitely seems easier than last weeks. WAY easier on normal. Just need to figure out when to rush or to engage. I should probably alter the setup as well.

I'm 300+ depending on loadout so hit me up, I wanna get it done too!

It definitely seems easier than last weeks. WAY easier on normal. Just need to figure out when to rush or to engage. I should probably alter the setup as well.

I completed it as my first prestige this week. We used two hunters and a warlock, but ideally you'd want 2 arc warlocks and a celestial nighthawk hunter.

You want to kill everything up until the bit where you drop down the stones to advance to the two drill officers. As soon as you get to the bottom sparrow down the left hand side skipping all the enemies (mainly war hounds and goblins) in the battlefield bit and work your way around killing both officers.

When you drop down and the launchers charge up to 100% if be using both of my healing rifts here, one after the other, and possibly one of the arc supers to clear the enemies, as this bit can get a bit tight.

As soon as boss spawns, nighthawk hunter to use super, be wary about using rockets after this as he can become immune if the hunter damages him enough.

As soon as you drop through the ground the first time, everyone splits up and jumps onto separate towers, as he'll cause the ground to become fire, with everyone shooting rockets at him.

Once he drops the second time to the floor, try to avoid using rockets as he is moving around the outside, as he is quick and unless you're a good shot and can anticipate him, you'll waste rockets. Cold heart is good to use here.

Once his head is off, and he moves onto the platform, one or both arc warlocks use their super, as the ads here spawn quickly and can easily overwhelm if not killed quickly. Third bloke continues rockets/cold heart until he is dead.

Using the above, we got to the boss with 2 minutes remaining 3 times, wiped twice due to not doing enough ad control.

For weapons I'd suggest one as riskrunner, for as control on last boss phase, and cold hearts for shields/ boss.

Nameless midnight is a good kinetic or even origin story/ scathelock if you don't have it.

Rocket launchers for everyone used wisely, saving at least 2-3 for the boss. For the amount of yellows that spawn, barely any heavy ammo is dropped.

We were levelled 301, 297 and 296, found each other through LFG on destiny app. So no need to worry about being over 300 for this weeks one.

Sorry if that's a bit of a book, wanted to explain it as best as I could, and it's the method that worked well for us.

Edited by Aceman417

Using the above, we got to the boss with 2 minutes remaining 3 times, wiped twice due to not doing enough ad control.

For weapons I'd suggest one as riskrunner, for as control on last boss phase, and cold hearts for shields/ boss.

Nameless midnight is a good kinetic or even origin story/ scathelock if you don't have it.

Rocket launchers for everyone used wisely, saving at least 2-3 for the boss. For the amount of yellows that spawn, barely any heavy ammo is dropped.

We were levelled 301, 297 and 296, found each other through LFG on destiny app. So no need to worry about being over 300 for this weeks one.

Sorry if that's a bit of a book, wanted to explain it as best as I could, and it's the method that worked well for us.

Based on this, we are clearly doing something wrong at the boss. Got there with as much as 3 Minutes. It was mostly my fault though, I'm new to the series and am still figuring out proper loadouts. I think missing just one rocket screwed us on our best run. I might switch to coldheart and focus more on adds.

Thanks a lot of the feedback!

Based on this, we are clearly doing something wrong at the boss. Got there with as much as 3 Minutes. It was mostly my fault though, I'm new to the series and am still figuring out proper loadouts. I think missing just one rocket screwed us on our best run. I might switch to coldheart and focus more on adds.

Thanks a lot of the feedback!

No worries, the 2 minutes bit was meant to be for the last phase, but the first two phases are more than easily doable in a minute.

Realistically getting a team together for more than a go or two should net you it. With at least one person on ad control at last phase with riskrunner/arc warlock, that'll be enough to finish it.

I'd offer to help but I play on PS with my roommate. Mainly lurk for info/discussion.

I completed it as my first prestige this week. We used two hunters and a warlock, but ideally you'd want 2 arc warlocks and a celestial nighthawk hunter.

You want to kill everything up until the bit where you drop down the stones to advance to the two drill officers. As soon as you get to the bottom sparrow down the left hand side skipping all the enemies (mainly war hounds and goblins) in the battlefield bit and work your way around killing both officers.

When you drop down and the launchers charge up to 100% if be using both of my healing rifts here, one after the other, and possibly one of the arc supers to clear the enemies, as this bit can get a bit tight.

As soon as boss spawns, nighthawk hunter to use super, be wary about using rockets after this as he can become immune if the hunter damages him enough.

As soon as you drop through the ground the first time, everyone splits up and jumps onto separate towers, as he'll cause the ground to become fire, with everyone shooting rockets at him.

Once he drops the second time to the floor, try to avoid using rockets as he is moving around the outside, as he is quick and unless you're a good shot and can anticipate him, you'll waste rockets. Cold heart is good to use here.

Once his head is off, and he moves onto the platform, one or both arc warlocks use their super, as the ads here spawn quickly and can easily overwhelm if not killed quickly. Third bloke continues rockets/cold heart until he is dead.

Yep you seem to have the same game plan as me. That is pretty much exactly what i did to net the Rat Kings Crew last night on the normal nightfall. Had 6:45 minutes remaining in the end.

I will be inline in an hour or 2. If you are on as well we will join up and get it done :thumbsup:

Edited by BluWolve

Anyone else notice they removed that new walking dance(forgot its name already) from the Eververse store? :p

apparently you can use it to glitch into the gunsmiths room so maybe thats why but still lol

Haha yeah I saw that, apparently you could glitch through walls into lots of places with that emote. Wonder if they removed it from people who already bought it as well?

Gonna sign in today, get my Sweet Business from Xur and then turn it off again until Tuesday, lol.

I thought they were lifting the cap to 350 once the Prestige Raid went live? Doesn't seem to be any point in playing it if the same gear is just gonna drop at 300/305.

Gonna sign in today, get my Sweet Business from Xur and then turn it off again until Tuesday, lol.

I thought they were lifting the cap to 350 once the Prestige Raid went live? Doesn't seem to be any point in playing it if the same gear is just gonna drop at 300/305.

No, they never said that. I doubt we will see an increase until the first expansion.

No, they never said that. I doubt we will see an increase until the first expansion.

Funny, cuz I heard a lot of talk about it, but never saw any offical word from Bungie. May as well just play other games until the expansion then, though if it's paid DLC, I may not even bother coming back. I just can't see the point. A new raid, with new mechanics would be cool, but by the time that comes around, I'm not sure I'll care to play it. I'll just wait and see, I guess. Plenty of other games to play, thankfully! :D

I know during the first few weeks of Destiny 2, the majority of my friend list were playing it. Now.. Well, not many at all. I think most hit end-game content, played it for a bit and then dropped it too.

Funny, cuz I heard a lot of talk about it, but never saw any offical word from Bungie. May as well just play other games until the expansion then, though if it's paid DLC, I may not even bother coming back. I just can't see the point. A new raid, with new mechanics would be cool, but by the time that comes around, I'm not sure I'll care to play it. I'll just wait and see, I guess. Plenty of other games to play, thankfully! :D

I know during the first few weeks of Destiny 2, the majority of my friend list were playing it. Now.. Well, not many at all. I think most hit end-game content, played it for a bit and then dropped it too.

See my post in the clan thread. There isn't enough endgame to keep people playing, especially the hardcore D1 players.

I'd definitely pop online to grab milestones, run the nightfall or raid, and give Trials a shot whenever my clan dudes are on. I'll definitely keep up on the game and will surely chase any and all achievements, but I can tell it's way less of a commitment than D1. I'm playing both games at the same time and the progress made in D1 is painful compared to D2. I can totally see why D1 fanatics put this game down after a couple of weeks.

Yeah it went really stale for me too. Just dont see the point in playing. I have every weapon type at 305. All raid weapons. All the exotic weapons i want 305 every warlock exotic armors at 305.

Prestiege raid gives me no real incentive to beat. I dont care for pvp at all so screw iron banner. Reaching 305 literally kills the game because theres nothing to really aim for

• 3 weeks later...