The Bloody Palace Guide

Demon9Tom

Ok thanks..

Question.. you switch between charge 2 and 3? Ive got the gun at charge 3 but is there a noticable animation between charge levels? I hadnt noticed one but perhaps i wasnt charging long enough..

Heres something i just figured out, though it may be common knowledge to most people, dunno.. If you use Pandora with Dante and Hold RB and hit forward + gunslinger skill, Dante will throw Pandora on the ground and it explodes in bright light and destroys the shadows of the wraiths and the electricity of blitz instantly.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks..

Question.. you switch between charge 2 and 3? Ive got the gun at charge 3 but is there a noticable animation between charge levels? I hadnt noticed one but perhaps i wasnt charging long enough..

Heres something i just figured out, though it may be common knowledge to most people, dunno.. If you use Pandora with Dante and Hold RB and hit forward + gunslinger skill, Dante will throw Pandora on the ground and it explodes in bright light and destroys the shadows of the wraiths and the electricity of blitz instantly.

Between charge 1 and 2 I don't really notice it that much, maybe a brighter blue. I only notice because once it reaches a new charge level it will make a noise. Of course charge 3 is obvious because of the red color it emits instead of the blue.

And I didn't know that about Pandora's Box. I knew about the move, but never that it would do that. If that is the case, when the Blitz does his beam attack that shots straight forward, run up to him and then pull out the box. It would be quicker then having to shot at him.

Ok thanks..

I didn't know about that move either, I'll try it out. If it works I'll add it to the guide.

Ha ha i done this in about 1 hour 30 minutes today with Super Dante (i just spammed stinger =P) but does anybody now how many points you actually need for an S grade because i think i got around 400,000 with Super on so that times five as it gets timed by 02 is 2,000,000 so that achievements seems pretty hard =S

Anyone have any ideas of scores?

Ha ha i done this in about 1 hour 30 minutes today with Super Dante (i just spammed stinger =P) but does anybody now how many points you actually need for an S grade because i think i got around 400,000 with Super on so that times five as it gets timed by 02 is 2,000,000 so that achievements seems pretty hard =S

Anyone have any ideas of scores?

I'm not certain but I believe its in the region of 3,000,000.

So do we know if this move works then or not?

I haven't had a chance to try yet as I'm playing Son Of Sparda as Nero at the moment.

The Gunslinger Forward+B with Pandora is strong enough to instantly kill any regular non-shielded enemy in the game, assuming a full Disaster gauge. If the enemy has a damage buffer shield, like Mephisto's cloak or Blitz's lightning, the shield takes all the damage and will always drop.

However, the animation is very long and it requires some planning to use.

The Gunslinger Forward+B with Pandora is strong enough to instantly kill any regular non-shielded enemy in the game, assuming a full Disaster gauge. If the enemy has a damage buffer shield, like Mephisto's cloak or Blitz's lightning, the shield takes all the damage and will always drop.

However, the animation is very long and it requires some planning to use.

Forward B works, but just B on gunslinger lets you be the levitating missile launcher, and ecspecially when fighting a boss, you can go straight for one enemy and cause massive damage. I had a full disaster bar and took out an Alto Angelo with 3 hits. You should get around 5 shots off, or more before a full disaster gage runs out.

I just completed Bloody Palace as Nero today and managed to take 1st on the US leaderboards so I'll give my tips for Nero. Probably the most important thing is to remap your controls so you can charge your gun at all times (I just changed it from X to RT, then changed taunt to X, not that you will use it in BP though). It takes some getting used to but being able to charge your gun anytime is a GODSEND. Another thing to note is that enemies not currently in your field of vision will not initiate an attack on you. Use that to your advantage. Also, something most people don't seem to know, when you are performing a buster as Nero while DT'd spam your gun and it will shoot out little phantom swords to give you extra style/damage.

As for palace specific tips, don't shoot for style, shoot for speed in killing, the style should come naturally. Blitzes really aren't a problem at all except on the floor with 2 of them (the hardest floor in the whole palace IMO) Just jump around air hiking while charging your gun and blasting them until the shield wears off. At this point you'll want to DT and buster him 3 times while spamming your gun key. As soon as the first one is done run straight to him and buster him again. Repeat 1 more time. After the third one give him a few slashes/gun shots and he will explode and give you an instant SSS rank.

Hope this helped. Feel free to ask about anything I didn't cover.

EDIT: Oh, and for the question about being able to S rank it without actually finishing stage 101, I'm quite sure that is impossible. I died on floor 85 with the 2 blitzes last night and had 900k something so the bulk of it definitely comes from actually finishing it.

I just completed Bloody Palace as Nero today and managed to take 1st on the US leaderboards so I'll give my tips for Nero. Probably the most important thing is to remap your controls so you can charge your gun at all times (I just changed it from X to RT, then changed taunt to X, not that you will use it in BP though). It takes some getting used to but being able to charge your gun anytime is a GODSEND. Another thing to note is that enemies not currently in your field of vision will not initiate an attack on you. Use that to your advantage. Also, something most people don't seem to know, when you are performing a buster as Nero while DT'd spam your gun and it will shoot out little phantom swords to give you extra style/damage.

As for palace specific tips, don't shoot for style, shoot for speed in killing, the style should come naturally. Blitzes really aren't a problem at all except on the floor with 2 of them (the hardest floor in the whole palace IMO) Just jump around air hiking while charging your gun and blasting them until the shield wears off. At this point you'll want to DT and buster him 3 times while spamming your gun key. As soon as the first one is done run straight to him and buster him again. Repeat 1 more time. After the third one give him a few slashes/gun shots and he will explode and give you an instant SSS rank.

EDIT: Oh, and for the question about being able to S rank it without actually finishing stage 101, I'm quite sure that is impossible. I died on floor 85 with the 2 blitzes last night and had 900k something so the bulk of it definitely comes from actually finishing it.

Thanks for a very informative post with alot of useful information, I've added it to the guide :).

i dont think that the room with the 2 blitzes is the hardest room... i think room 99 with the 46x Angelos is brutal... this is really sick... but i passed it... thx to god... hehehe...

I'll give some Berial tips, works for both Dante and Nero. Start off with a stinger/streak depending on who you are and position yourself right around the side of either of his front legs. While you are in that area he should do his little spin slash move nearly all of the time with his explosion move thrown in sometimes. Just sit in that spot and do some basic combos on him, nothing that you can't jump/run away from really quickly. When you see him get ready to slash at you just jump, air hike, and then helm splitter/split back down to your position and repeat. You'll want to air hike because when he lands from his spin slash the flames on the ground seem to hurt you sometimes. Always be watching for him to start his explosion attack. If you see him start that drop what you're doing and keep running away, if you react quick enough you will make it far enough away. When he drops his flames DT and slice him up for a bit as Nero then buster his head and buster him again while he is on the ground. For Dante switch to gilgamesh and use real impact as it does major damage. I can kill him pretty quickly without taking damage pretty often so it works for me.

Nice one! i'll give him another go later. Also i've heard that his fire attack does ground damage? watching a video i saw this guy run away, and if he wasnt far enough away he would air hike and then shoot to stay in the air. This was in a DMD berial fight though.

Not sure, I've never tried that before. I do know it's dodgeable so if you jump/roll/air hike JUST before you would take damage from it you won't be hurt. This requires very precise timing however and unless you practice it for a while to get it down it's safer to just get away from it.

Nero is capable of completely steamrolling Berial in like a minute or less. I think what messes up most people is they try to fight from the ground. That makes it really awkward to dodge his most common sword slashes while attacking. Also, you deal less damage when you're hitting his body.

Just right in his face and Aerial Combo like crazy. Get the timing down and rev every single hit. From this position you can dodge all of Berial's melee attacks by jumping straight up. With Enemy Step, you jump off of his head, then you still have an Air Hike for additional height. When he uses his explosion, drop to the ground and use Shuffle. Shuffle will travel right through when timed correctly and you'll be back in melee range.

The only time you have to leave melee range is when he summons flame pillars. If he ever decides to do his long range leaping sword attack, remember that you can use Snatch to fly over him in mid-air. And you can block the flaming leap with a buster.

I'm a little annoyed right now, so I have to vent. I just smoked the Bloody Palace with a score of 3,270,551 which would have put me in the top 30 US leaderboard, but I was so excited I unthinkingly hit no to upload, which has become like an unconscious habit as I've been doing straight playthroughs, not high score runs. No biggie really, but it was kind of a downer to a really good run.

BTW, "Achievement Unlocked - 9 for 120G" is so much fun.

Really informative topic, I appreciate it. Although I'm not around to Bloody Palace yet (S ranking Dante Must Die mode is pure Hell) I have a question, the health of the bosses in the BP, which difficulty is it most comparable to? And how is the fight with Dante in Devil Trigger mode anyway?

Really informative topic, I appreciate it. Although I'm not around to Bloody Palace yet (S ranking Dante Must Die mode is pure Hell) I have a question, the health of the bosses in the BP, which difficulty is it most comparable to? And how is the fight with Dante in Devil Trigger mode anyway?

The enemies/bosses in the Bloody Palace fight with the abilities, health, damage etc of Son Of Sparda enemies.

As for the fight with Dante I haven't reached it, some of the others here have, so maybe they can answer your question.

The enemies/bosses in the Bloody Palace fight with the abilities, health, damage etc of Son Of Sparda enemies.

As for the fight with Dante I haven't reached it, some of the others here have, so maybe they can answer your question.

Surely it cant be SoS. I Easily killed Berial in SoS but cant in BP. Ahhhh