Iron Banner dates confirmed

BluWolve

As per title, iron banner dates have been confirmed for destiny 2. Check out the info and the beautiful looking gear below.

The Return of the Iron Lord

The Red War scattered the heroes of humanity across the solar system. One by one, they have been returning to the City. Now, Lord Saladin will hold court and reward the brave.

D2_Iron_Banner.gif?cv=3983621215&av=3582969428

Begins:  October 10, 2AM Pacific

Ends:  October 17, 2AM Pacific

The game is Control.

As the first Faction Rally comes to an end, the Iron Lords are hosting the next ritual. Their special event has undergone some changes. The Iron Banner is still your chance to stand and be proven in the fires of friendly competition.

What’s different?

Combat will be between two teams of four players

Your fighting abilities, not your power levels, will decide the outcome

Bounties and Ranks have been replaced with an Iron Banner Engram

How can you compete?

Complete the Destiny 2 campaign – the only way to reach the Tower

Visit Lord Saladin in the Tower to begin the Iron Banner Quest

Fight in the Iron Banner playlist with Quickplay modes and matchmaking

What’s in it for you?

Earn Iron Banner Tokens in every match (earn more if you win)

Daily and Season* Milestones that track your progress to glory

Claim brand new armor wrought in the forges of the Iron Lords

Iron_Banner_Gear.gif?cv=3983621215&av=3582969428

Decorate yourself as a master of your competitive spirit. Form up into a Fireteam or let the fates choose your teammates.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46381

Nice share, Blu. I guess we'll have to group up and give it a try?

I will most definitely be looking to group up for Iron Banner! PvP is hit & miss going in solo, but it is good to see matchmaking for this mode so everyone can have a chance at getting some of that nice gear. Can't wait to see all the cool stuff up for grabs :)

Go into iron banner with level 10 gear lol!

It will not be the same but bungie really messed up the game with no need to level up so nothing matters you can go in with level 1 whites or greens even lol! What joke!

Well I reckon its a good thing. Means the matches will be determined by skill not gear alone. Having exotic weapons and armor pieces will still give an edge that lower level characters may not have.

But think you will find if you look closely that a some of the guns are the same no matter the rarity. What I mean is there a guns that are exactly the same stats, perks and look. Only thing different is the name and the rarity. Example - Lincoln Green (legendary) and Nanty Narker (Rare). Different, but same.

So don't discount greens or blues, and some of the starter weapons may surprise you with their effectiveness as well ;)

Edited by BluWolve

I've not even earned one engram :p

Got fed up after like 4 maybe 5 matches as I was always either on team potatoe or matched with a group of 4 sweaty tryhards...so yeah lol.

Hell I even got 35 kills (was something like a 6.8KD or whatever) in 1 match and still lost due to my team never capturing zones xD

Yeah I think its unreal iron banner gear doesn't drop from iron banner. Just boring standard crucible gear. Also the ghosts that provide boosts to faction consumable drops don't give iron banner tokens. The whole event seems a bit half baked to be honest, hopefully that's not the standard bungie will stick with going forward.

I have been doing the dailies on each of my characters, but other than that i havent even bothered really. I still haven't opened any packs yet, up to a bit over 400 tokens. Might save them all up and cash them in on the last day, see how many of the same item I can get haha

I miss getting end game drops from Iron Banner at the end of matches. I'm getting tired of this "token" system D2 has going.

Hell at this point I feel even the token system is a bit half assed since everything you get from the token engrams is either way under powered, nothing you want/will ever use due to static perk rolls or just stuff you got dozens of already lol

Hell at this point I feel even the token system is a bit half assed since everything you get from the token engrams is either way under powered, nothing you want/will ever use due to static perk rolls or just stuff you got dozens of already lol

Pretty much. The game in general feels like the team that was in charge of D2 didn't even communicate with the teams that were in charge of the last year of D1.

Just finished the last daily challenge and opened all my packages. Cashed in just over 700 damn tokens and didn't get the warlock bond or the titan arms, the two pieces i wanted most. Mostly just got the same stuff over and over, none of it any use or interest to me. I would of rather paid 40 tokens for a piece of my choosing and just get what I wanted, the loot system is terrible as is :(

On each of my characters, I only got 2 pieces of unique gear each. Warlock got the helmet and gloves, titan legs and mark, hunter chest and cloak.

Edited by BluWolve

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BluWolve/video/37921741

Out of 36 total packages claimed, I got 15 unique items.

Here is the tally;

Weapons:

AR - 2

SR - 4

PR - 5

GL - 2

SMG - 3

FR - 4

SA - 1

HG - 1

Armor:

Warlock Helmet - 3

Warlock Gloves - 2

Titan Legs - 3

Titan Mark - 1

Hunter Cloak - 1

Hunter Gloves - 1

Hunter Chest - 3

Edit: I'm not the best at pvp, so getting those daily challenges complete wasn't always a quick and easy task. On average it would take me 2 hours to complete all 9 challenges each day, multiply that by 7 and that's 14 hours of our Iron Banner control. 14 hours, 15 pieces of unique gear. Roughly one piece of gear per one hour of play. That is a very slow rate of progress for items that are purely cosmetic in my opinion. I hope some of you guys and girls fared better than I did!

Edited by BluWolve