• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's gonna be this year's Hawken/Ben-Hur? Can't wait! :dance:

Pretty much every ACA NEOGEO game? I look forward to seeing a ton of inflated scores because of those games lol.

Also, no "twist" this year? Like making the teams score equal the score of the lowest member or the average or whatever?

Pretty much every ACA NEOGEO game? I look forward to seeing a ton of inflated scores because of those games lol.

Also, no "twist" this year? Like making the teams score equal the score of the lowest member or the average or whatever?

NEOGEO is going to make this an expensive GSL :biglaugh

And no twist. Just a simple get as much gamerscore as possible.

While twists are fun, I think we want to focus on maximizing participation and encouraging newer members to join in on the fun. Added rules can overcomplicate things, and scare off curious people.

I don't know how many NEOGEO games I'm gonna pick up. Easy, yes, but at $7 a pop... I dunno.

Uh... 10,000 posts in the Trash Talk thread and every participant gets an award? Oh... it's not for you. It's more of a Shelbyville idea.

While twists are fun, I think we want to focus on maximizing participation and encouraging newer members to join in on the fun. Added rules can overcomplicate things, and scare off curious people.

Good point. While I think having a new twist would have made things a bit more interesting for veteran GSL participants, it hasn't had the best results in the past so I can see why keeping it simple is the preferred option (especially when it comes to enticing newcomers).

Good point. While I think having a new twist would have made things a bit more interesting for veteran GSL participants, it hasn't had the best results in the past so I can see why keeping it simple is the preferred option (especially when it comes to enticing newcomers).

Exactly. And since I know I can't compete with the best of the best on here, I'm gonna try and recruit newer/lesser known members into my team. Make them feel like a part of the community, and hopefully make some new friends that'll become familiar faces on the forums.

Wait, this is a trash talk thread. You're going down Rapture!

Surprised there's no twist, I hope to actually take part this year. I was going to get some quick games done this week but i'll hold out in case.

I've already completed 32 of the Neo Geo games :( still got 8 or so of them left and quite a few quicks to make up for it though i guess lol, for what its worth though, the fighting ones are probably safest, not all of them are as easy as you'd assume.

Edited by DaveBodom

When the feedback thread goes up, if you guys still REALLY want a twist, throw up your suggestions there. We could always do a secondary challenge within GSL that has a weird twist. Score based off of the number of achievements of each multiple of 5 or something crazy. Or game type. Something that would let you still participate normally but also provide something different to pursue.

I don't know, we're over a year away from GSL 17. But there's room for other shenanigans without alienating the the principles that the Gamerscore League was founded upon. :p

I want to remind everyone that I'm the guy who single-handedly beat the Finns that year that only the lowest score counted.

I didn't stand a chance the years the rules were normal.

Edit: This isn't a slam at my teammates that year (they all outscored me), but their scores didn't count, so I was the deciding factor. :)

Edited by Sasquach11235

Surprised there's no twist, I hope to actually take part this year. I was going to get some quick games done this week but i'll hold out in case.

Everyone hated the twist the one year that Creech tried one. We might be willing to try a twist again if we got a suggestion we really like, but personally I have yet to see one that seems good enough.

No twist please. GSL is GSL. Like I've said before maybe there could be a GSL spin-off, another contest around gamerscore with a "twist".

Take it from someone who was able to win because of the twist...That's not what GSL is about. GSL should be soley focused on largest team gamerscore increase.

That being said I'm all for having a different competition with a twist to it. Just not GSL.

That’s our thought. The only “twist” we might consider is one that still keeps that spirit but somehow adds something else. Which seems impossible to be honest.

If you want to buy and complete all NEOGEO games it will cost you $320, €280 or £255. But you get 40,000 Gamerscore...

They are not as easy as people make them sound like. Some of them are for sure where you can spam one button to beat everyone. I'm not wasting too much money on those when I can get other games with the same price and I don't have to lose my mind trying to bash the buttons and beat the cheating AI.