Initial Thoughts?

BIGbivvie

Cod campaigns are usually a lot less than 10 hours, I'm not that surprised!

There's a few problems with activision servers atm, but I really like the zombies mode, playing as David Tennant is great haha. People say cod is the same every year but this feels like a completely different game to me.

Only tried the multi so far, and I'm not impressed at all.

Graphics are bad compared to the last three Cods, a step backwards.

Sound is okay, but that is all.

Gameplay is Cod, but a little slower. Guess that was what they were going for, so mission complete...

The Hub/Headquarters is just a knockoff of The Tower in Destiny and serves no point to me, a couple of menues would have made it that much better.

They should have put in some fun game modes like Prop Hunt and Gun Game, but I think they will wait till playerbased drops off and then give some new gamemodes to get people back into the game. War was a good idea, but should have been Hardcore, not a fan of softcore...

The problems with network and loading is to be expected, Cod has never had a good launch, so I'll wait a couple of weeks and see if it is better.

Worst Cod on X1, and I've only liked Black Ops 3 a lot.

Got high hopes for campaign, it might be short, but if it is good I don't care.

Multiplayer is definitely a lot more 'classic' (and in my opinion, far better) than all the 'future crap' we've dealt with the past few years from more games than just CoD.

The campaign is actually a lot of fun, and very graphic. You can tell they put a lot of thought into truly depicting the hell of war and it's effect.

And the characters actually have some personality! (I love Zussman!)

My biggest complaint is that the campaign feels slow. Not story wise, gameplay wise. But as usual with COD games I don't care about the characters or story. I just want the gameplay. The D-Day opening level was underwhelming and no where near as good as Allied Assault. No one has been able to take the crown from that game. Medal of Honor on PS2 is second place and this isn't even as good as that one.

Game overall is enjoyable though.

But with that being said I am enjoying it. I think Assassin's Creed: Origins is a better game. I also suspect that Wolfenstein will be a better game. But I am enjoying COD and I am super excited we have two WW2 based games out now. Yes, wolfenstein is alternate reality and based in the 70's-80's or something like that but you know what I mean.

Edited by osakamitsu

My biggest complaint is that the campaign feels slow. Not story wise, gameplay wise. But as usual with COD games I don't care about the characters or story. I just want the gameplay. The D-Day opening level was underwhelming and no where near as good as Allied Assault. No one has been able to take the crown from that game. Medal of Honor on PS2 is second place and this isn't even as good as that one.

Game overall is enjoyable though.

But with that being said I am enjoying it. I think Assassin's Creed: Origins is a better game. I also suspect that Wolfenstein will be a better game. But I am enjoying COD and I am super excited we have two WW2 based games out now. Yes, wolfenstein is alternate reality and based in the 70's-80's or something like that but you know what I mean.

Wolfenstein is a far more superior game this COD. I also like a challenge and I beat the game on Veteran in about 6 hours.. It took me around 15-20 to beat the game on the hardest difficulty in Wolfenstein (which was extremely hard).. The graphics are terrible in COD, and it feels like an unfinished product.

i find it way more better then the last Si-Fi CoDs...

but after playin battlefield 1 - this can not even get Close...

still i like it...

what makes me mad:

- Multiplayer - Last Kill Cam:

the crosshair is not even on the enemy and it takes allready 2 hits ...

- Multiplayer - kills behind walls:

it gives you the feeling you are allready out of the line of fire - and still get killed. (talking about solid walls not penetrateable ones)...

Wolfenstein is a far more superior game this COD. I also like a challenge and I beat the game on Veteran in about 6 hours.. It took me around 15-20 to beat the game on the hardest difficulty in Wolfenstein (which was extremely hard).. The graphics are terrible in COD, and it feels like an unfinished product.

Did beat Wolfenstein on Mein Leben?

Did beat Wolfenstein on Mein Leben?

Anyone who completes that feat deserves a knighthood.

I don't understand his points on the graphics, they are pretty good looking to me.

The AI though are bloody awful, I think it was the Stronghold mission where you're defending two flanks, I had to kill everyone single-handedly. They're useless.

I love the multiplayer, the third sniper you unlock is fucking excellent.

sucks like I figured it would, thankfully it was free. Almost every battlefield or call of duty except the retarded unrealistic future crap which I didn't play< I've played on veteran. I can't even get off the fucking beach with this one. Wish the developers knew a little about military and history as I do from serving and college that 95% of bullets and ordnance does not kill. Enemies don't have 100% aim all the the time

I like it. On the S it looked a bit blurry so I hope the X patch will be installed soon on mine. I really love the sound and visuals, it feels nicely gritty. Campaign starts nice as well. And I'm really enjoying that "Destinyfied" social hub experience with Bounties/Missions etc.

I have never seen one person in the HQ. I am always alone.

Your tag says otherwise; "Mein leben" is not unlocked, and you're comparing apples and oranges. Wolfenstein is a single-player experience, COD is MP focused with a short campaign. The majority of their resources go to MP/zombies.

sucks like I figured it would, thankfully it was free. Almost every battlefield or call of duty except the retarded unrealistic future crap which I didn't play< I've played on veteran. I can't even get off the fucking beach with this one. Wish the developers knew a little about military and history as I do from serving and college that 95% of bullets and ordnance does not kill. Enemies don't have 100% aim all the the time

Thank you for your service, but if you played previous COD titles on Veteran this should not be a surprise.

I have never seen one person in the HQ. I am always alone.

There was a brief moment for ~5 minutes where it actually worked for me. Otherwise it's empty.

So far the MP is fun and it feels like COD again; campers everywhere and dying after shooting first. I look forward to starting the campaign during GSL.

I love playing multiplayer in Call of Duty. Combined in all the games I have over 100 days played.

That being said, I think this game has the worst multiplayer to date. The maps are the worst part in my opinion. First of all, there are only 9. 8 of them have a 3 lane design with not enough variety to make them feel unique. The last map...is horrible.

This coupled with all the problems with the servers make the game horribly frustrating.

Your tag says otherwise; "Mein leben" is not unlocked, and you're comparing apples and oranges. Wolfenstein is a single-player experience, COD is MP focused with a short campaign. The majority of their resources go to MP/zombies.

Thank you for your service, but if you played previous COD titles on Veteran this should not be a surprise.

There was a brief moment for ~5 minutes where it actually worked for me. Otherwise it's empty.

So far the MP is fun and it feels like COD again; campers everywhere and dying after shooting first. I look forward to starting the campaign during GSL.

The Hardest difficulty in Wolfenstein is "I am Death Incarnate"... Mein Leben is merely IADI with no saves, a feat that will challenge anyone. IADI is a challenge alone as it requires strategy and precision to complete while Veteran in COD requires little skill. I was comparing the two SP's and Wolfenstein is far better, I get COD has a MP aspect while Wolfenstein doesn't anymore, but it doesn't change the fact that the game isn't that good. I enjoyed SP don't get me wrong, but it was lacking a unique identity, and the MP just feels bland. There is little variety, especially compared to Battlefield 1.

• 1 month later...