Missing captains at camps??

stevie vip 99

As title, at least two camps I've been to haven't got the captain's there to defeat.

One camp didn't even have any soldiers!

Any ideas?

Will they just turn up when I go back another time?

I think I know which two camps you are talking about - I encountered the same situation. I didn't leave and restart the game, and instead I fast-travelled and used meditation to advance time, and did other locations first. Some time later when I fast-travelled back, the camp captains somehow returned.

These captains also want to go home to their family from time to time,

so yeah, come back later and they will be there.

Lol. This actually seems correct. As I approached a camp in Giza I saw the captain jump on a horse and ride off towards town. The area was not alerted so it actually seemed like he just needed to run some errands. I came back a couple of play sessions later and he was back.

I came across two locations without Captains as well.

I killed everyone and then fast forwarded time twice and then went looking with my Eagle.

The Roman troops in both camps ran into a rebel ambush on the way to their base. I'm guessing that they managed to kill the captains that way and that's why they weren't there....

I came across two locations without Captains as well.

I killed everyone and then fast forwarded time twice and then went looking with my Eagle.

The Roman troops in both camps ran into a rebel ambush on the way to their base. I'm guessing that they managed to kill the captains that way and that's why they weren't there....

I had the exact same thing happen. The soldiers were half a mile away fighting rebels. I had to search a long time to find them. I kind of like that, though. Added some realism!