What are your initial thoughts on the console release?

Dirty130

Just keeps getting better and better. Very glad to have the loot screen bug fixed, that was annoying as hell. I'm still getting random crashes, but only once every night or two now.

Rubber banding is sometimes really bad though, especially if a lot of people land in the same town. I had it so rough the other night I just rubber banded back and forth in the middle of the street and got murdered without the ability to run away even.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameplay

• We received a lot of great feedback following the changes made to vehicle/player damage. We continue to tune and balance this element of gameplay, and are therefore reverting back to increased damage if a player is struck by a vehicle

Bug Fixes

• Resolved an issue preventing players from vaulting over specific ledges and/or windows
  • The camera will now remain in the correct location following player death
  • Vehicles will no longer relocate to another position on the map after the player disembarks

Thank gawd they fixed the vaulting/window thing!

Gameplay

• We received a lot of great feedback following the changes made to vehicle/player damage. We continue to tune and balance this element of gameplay, and are therefore reverting back to increased damage if a player is struck by a vehicle

Bug Fixes

• Resolved an issue preventing players from vaulting over specific ledges and/or windows
  • The camera will now remain in the correct location following player death
  • Vehicles will no longer relocate to another position on the map after the player disembarks

Thank gawd they fixed the vaulting/window thing!

Can they also revert vehicle damage from running into things? A vehicle (and you) takes damage whenever you hit the smallest bump.

• 4 weeks later...
Can they also revert vehicle damage from running into things? A vehicle (and you) takes damage whenever you hit the smallest bump.

They sure can!

*Drum roll..

Patch #9

Gameplay

• Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
  • Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
  • Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
  • We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
  • Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
  • Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
  • Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors

UI/UX

• Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
  • Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
  • When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
  • Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character

Items

• Updated the design of the energy drink

Bug Fixes

• Fixed water sound effects
  • Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
  • Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
  • Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
  • Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
  • Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
  • Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
  • Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
  • Fixed buildings with missing stairs
  • Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
  • Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
  • Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
  • Fixed the issue of revive being cancelled unintentionally
  • Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
  • Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
  • Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle

Optimization / Stability

• Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
  • Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
  • Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
  • Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
  • Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope

Localization

• Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
  • Japanese only: Adjusted the Katakana font
  • Japanese only: Fixed incorrect order of wording during object interactions
  • Portuguese only: Fixed the display of height meter when parachuting

Known Issues

• B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
  • When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.

I've highlighted the changes I'm happy to see and will try them out a little later today when we squad up for some Dinner! Speaking of Chicken Dinners, here's my best game yet!

WD3XChK.jpg

Since the last updates my stats don´t get recorded anymore. I finally found myself a decent squad. (No seriously, they needed someone to run around and get shot at, so i'm the "spotter"). And since we've gotten two chicken dinners in squads. but not a single win in my statscreen for Squads.

Since the last updates my stats don´t get recorded anymore. I finally found myself a decent squad. (No seriously, they needed someone to run around and get shot at, so i'm the "spotter"). And since we've gotten two chicken dinners in squads. but not a single win in my statscreen for Squads.

Did you dashboard/disconnect during your Chicken Dinner matches? I often find that matches I've dashboarded in but go onto victory don't go to my in-game or game hub stats. Sucks given how unstable the game was before the recent patch.

Bug fixes

• Fixed issue where player revival would continue despite interruption
  • Fixed repeating sounds from footsteps or when reloading Kar98k, Revolver, or Shotgun
  • Fixed issue where (B) and (Y) buttons remained active in gameplay while in the map view
  • Fixed issue where the parachute cable would not disappear following a landing in water
  • Fixed issue where the player could not cut the parachute cable when becoming stuck during landing

Known Issues

• Pressing the (B) button while in the Settings menu will cause the player to exit the plane

Are you checking the correct region leaderboards for your wins?

Did you dashboard/disconnect during your Chicken Dinner matches? I often find that matches I've dashboarded in but go onto victory don't go to my in-game or game hub stats. Sucks given how unstable the game was before the recent patch.

Never reacted to this. But it seems that between some of the patches me and some friends indeed lost out on some stats. A couple of chicken dinners in squad's (and solo) have never been added to the state count while not begin dropped out of the game.

Performance / Optimization / Stability

• Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
  • Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
  • Additional fixes to reduce crashes

UI/UX (Inventory)

• The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
  • Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments - players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
  • Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons

Gameplay

• A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane

Cosmetic Items

• Reminder to the community that the Varsity Jacket (also known as the PUBG5 jacket) announced last week will be rewarded to players after March 22nd 12:01AM. Look for it in your in-game inventory from March 22nd, inside the customization tab of the menu.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly

Hopefully, we see less dashboarding, vehicles no longer violently spinning and inventory columns have been addressed. If not, at least we've got the 'still on the plane' counter, which is a welcome addition I've been wishing for.

• 3 weeks later...

Optimization and Stabilization

• Partially optimized the vehicle system. The dust effect caused by friction with the ground during driving has especially been optimized, and the vehicle system has been improved in part.
  • Fixed a problem with voice chat that caused some crashes.
  • Grass objects in Erangel have been optimized and will continue to be optimized going forward.

Gameplay

• Fixed a serious bug that caused vehicles to flip or get airtime for no reason. This includes the three-wheel bike.
  • Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances the character would be upside down or seated in a strange position when moving seats while riding in vehicles.
  • Player will receive more damage in a vehicle collision. The heavier the vehicle, the greater the damage inflicted upon the player. Also, players are now more likely to die or be knocked out when colliding with a vehicle running at high speed.
  • The vehicle passenger will receive more damage when the vehicle crashes into an obstacle like a wall or tree. When crashing into something at high speed on a smaller vehicle, such as a motorcycle, the player will take much more damage.
  • Fixed issue causing the 4x scope to be excessively reflective.

UI/UX

• Fixed issue causing certain UI layouts not being properly aligned.
  • Fixed issue of buttons bound to the UI(map, inventory etc.) affecting vehicle operation.
  • Fixed issue of equipment icons not shown properly on the HUD.
  • Fixed issue of LT, RT scrolling not working in the inventory when using controller preset B.
  • Fixed issue of excessive acceleration when the stick is tilted more than a certain angle depending on the R stick acceleration setting.
  • Fixed issue of team member indicators incorrectly showing on the plane

Other Bug Fixes

• Removed collision of discarded magazine on the floor after reloading.
  • Fixed a cosmetic bug that occurred when characters wore certain clothing or shoes.
  • Fixed issue of fonts breaking up in case of certain languages.
  • Scheduled fixes for identified issues
  • When changing the deadzone settings in the lobby, the options screen needs to be opened once again for the settings to be reflected. This issue will be fixed soon.

Cosmetics

• Added a new free crate ("Western Military Crate") that can be earned with BP.

Been playing this for a week just about, and am pleasantly surprised by it. Controls aren't as clunky as i was expecting, and are smooth once you know what buttons do what you want. Also not had one crash, instances of rubber banding or any other of PUBG's more notorious glitches.

Current weapons of choice is a SCAR-L with 4/6/8x scope, flash suppressor and extended mags set to single shot for outdoors, with a AKM with a red dot sight set to burst/full auto (cant remember which it has) for indoors.

Only problems I've been having is buildings not rendering when I land, difficulty shooting over walls/windowsills and having to leave the game for your stats to update after a round.

I am disliking the fact that crates double in price every time you buy one, you only get 6 a week and only ever get rubbish items.

Overall, I'm having a gas!

"Hi everybody,

It’s been four months since PUBG hit Xbox Game Preview and we’ve just released patch #12.

Our Xbox team has been constantly working on optimizations and bugfixes, alongside all the features we promised in the Xbox spring roadmap. Today we want to share a little more about the content drops and improvements we’ll be shipping to PUBG over the next couple of months.

After extensive efforts, we’ve been able to get Miramar ready for Xbox. Miramar will be coming to test servers before the end of April, and we expect it’ll hit live servers sometime in May.

The Miramar test server update will also include new vehicles and weapons, alongside several crucial gameplay optimizations. Here are just two examples:

Our art asset streaming process has been optimized. This will somewhat improve the “play-doh” effect on textures and will mitigate interior prop pop-in issues. This will make a big difference in the early phases of each game.

Our character movement system was also causing some problems, and has now been optimized. Performance and stability will be better even when many players gather in one location. We expect this to help out the game’s performance past the mid-phase.

Expect to also see new and improved designs for out-of-game menus and screens. The update is necessary to prepare our servers for when event matches and custom matches are introduced later on.

Finally, improving crashes is our highest priority. Simply put, stability is the most basic element that determines gameplay quality, so we’re taking it seriously and focusing on it with every patch. All of these changes will hit the test server first so we can make sure the above-mentioned optimizations run well before pushing them to live.

It's been a significant challenge for our team to bring a massive open world game like PUBG to life on console, and we're working hard to staff up our development resources so we can invest more in the game and the community. The feedback we get from players is great motivation for us, so we want to say: thank you. Thanks for your feedback, your patience and your support throughout this journey.

With love,

PUBG Corp." (Source)

Test server?

Similar to the Xbox dashboard preview program where you can sign up to get new features first. The test server will go live at the end of the month and have the Miramar map on it, while their plan is for the map to go live to all players in May. The people on the test server will play it and report any issues so it can go live with as few bugs as possible.

"Starting later today, anyone who owns PUBG on Xbox One can download the Miramar test server (called “PUBG Test Server”), directly from the Microsoft Store.

As the map is in an early stage of development, some aspects may not function as expected. For matchmaking reasons, the test will be limited to TPP on NA servers. We might make adjustments to this depending on how the test goes.

During the test period and beyond, we will be actively listening to player feedback and using it to improve the build, so please be sure and share your comments, questions, and concerns in the thread below! There will also be “bug bounty” rewards: 150 players who help us find bugs will get some swaggy in-game items."

Test Server Downloadable Starting:

April 24th, 12am, your local timezone.

Full Test Schedule Below:

U.S. (PDT) SCHEDULE

4/25, 4/26, 4/27: Servers available 5pm PDT through 11pm PDT

4/28 & 4/29: Servers available 11am PDT through 11pm PDT

EUROPE (CEST) SCHEDULE

4/26, 4/27, 4/28: Servers available 2am CEST through 8am CEST

4/28 & 4/29: Servers available 8pm CEST through 8am CEST

Servers can go down for maintenance at any time.

I'm downloading it now, it's 10.7GB in size.

Is it possible to change the controller layout? Frequently when I get into a close quarter gun fight I end end pressing down on one of the thumb sticks, and several times I've died as a result of having to readjust/re aim, and it's bugging the hell out of me.

Yes, you can change the controller layout in the options menu, but I don't think that will help with your clicking of the thumbsticks issue. You'll probably find that the more you play, the less you'll accidentally click a thumbstick which in turn causes you to lean. Leaning is a really useful feature in PUBG, similar to Rainbow Six Siege. It's worth mastering and an essential tactic for endgame play.

Is it me or is it weird that it's only available only for 12 hours at a time at most over just 4 days? Or is there a logic to it?

My guess is that they add updates/data/changes to the code during the downtime.

So, I've played a fair bit of Miramar (in Solo, Duo and Squad) now and she's huge! The new map is apparently 20% bigger than Erangel (PUBG's other console map) and is host to a heap of new buildings, houses and huts. All with fresh architectural designs that make indoor gunfights feel fresh and give new options on how to engage your opponents. There is far less water on Miramar and the layout of the land features more hills and mountains. One thing I've noticed is that there is far less grass to go prone in, but there is still plenty of natural and manmade cover to get behind during firefights.

The new vehicles are a cool addition. I, of course, made sure to get a roadkill in the new pickup truck! The new Kombi Bus seems a bit odd, holding up to 6 players, yet a full squad consists of 4. The Kombi is slow AF, but apparently has the highest armour value of all vehicles. I trialled the new motorbike skin, backflipping a mountain and then crashing afterwards on slightly bumpy terrain. I much preferred bike's stability back in patch 6 of the Preview version of the game.

Performance wise, the new map runs well! I found that during close quarter gunfights, the frame rate doesn't drop to a crawl and makes engagements far less frustrating, win or lose. We ran into an issue that after most matches, one of our squadmates wasn't able to 'ready up' for the next match and would have to restart the software. This, of course, will be addressed, I'm sure.

Here you can clearly see the difference in the amount of water on each map. You almost never find yourself crossing rivers or boating from island to island on Miramar.

Erangel

V2UpDaU.jpg

Miramar

SvBSlwQ.jpg

After hearing that a lot of PC players don't really like the map, I'm pleased to say that I like it and still have plenty to explore on it!

PATCH TIMING:

May 2, 1am PDT / May 2, 10am CEST / May 2, 5pm KST

PATCH CONTENT:

These optimization and performance improvements have been proven to be effective on the PUBG test server, so we’re bringing them over to live servers now.

• The free-fall and parachuting process has been optimized, leading to performance improvements during the initial stages of each game.
  • World loading has been optimized. “Play-doh” and interior prop pop-in effects have been improved.
  • Movement data for nearby but out-of-sight players is now handled in a more efficient manner, resulting in general performance improvements.
  • Similarly, when nearby but out-of-sight players equip or unequip items, this process is handled in a more efficient manner. This helps with performance and crashes throughout the game.
  • The inventory has been optimized, improving response time when opening it and solving some crashing issues.
  • Uninhabited boats and vehicles were causing some performance issues, and we’ve resolved this issue.

KNOWN ISSUE:

After long play sessions (three or more hours) on the standard Xbox One and the Xbox One S, the game sometimes crashes. This has been a problem for some time, and we hope to solve it soon. In the meantime, there’s a simple workaround you can use. Simply restart the app every couple of hours if you plan on playing a longer play session.

TEST SERVER NEWS:

Soon we’ll announce more details about our plans for additional testing on the Xbox Test Server. Stay tuned!