GSL 16 Recap and Suggestion/Feedback Thread

Edword

My two penneth Other than changing the time of year GSL takes place, I don't think there should be any other changes at all. A simple team based competition to see who can bag the most gamer score over a period of time is fine. Whoever can play the most shite wins:D

I do, however, think there is the opportunity to have more events throughout the year incorporating different ideas to appeal to more gamers.

Best game of the tournament for me was Whatever Happened to Edith Finch? The worst? Pretty much everything else I played.

I also would like to see more events throughout the year. I'm just worried in a way if you can't get a full team one year. Which is a bit unfair.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite people are those whom when involved in an argument, like to try and use 'big' words to give the impression of intelligence and demean the opponent when we all know they'd never use them in a month of Sundays otherwise.

And boom, logged into another infraction. This place man, it's funny.

Edited by Lavindathar

My favourite people are those whom when involved in an argument, like to try and use 'big' words to give the impression of intelligence and demean the opponent when we all know they'd never use them in a month of Sundays otherwise.

You used "whom" incorrectly.

You used "whom" incorrectly.

This is why you're my favourite. Although it was autocorrect that substituted it, as I don't use the word whom at all. Same way it autocorrected it to you're just then. Technology makes things easier :) so if my iPad says it's ok, I'll stick with it.

Anyway, why can't everyone just get along :'( sad panda.

Complaining about it so passive-aggressively in public is very classy.

And also grounds for another infraction, I believe.

Anyway, why can't everyone just get along :'(

Mostly because of people like you, Lav, who complain and complain and complain and never make a forward attempt to better a situation (or their own attitude).

Guys, please don’t take the thread off track. We were having a pretty productive discussion about changes, and if any should be made, to GSL. Also, enjoy Ota’s recap vid.

Please get back on track. I don’t want to have to send official warnings.

Also, remember that discussing infractions publicly is frowned upon. I believe the last time that happened people were temp banned. I don’t feel that is necessary here but it is a subject to avoid.

Edited by bigbear.

This isn't really my style of video, but what the heck, I liked and subbed because it took 2 clicks. Enjoy that sweet, sweet Youtube Red view, my dude. :)

I might get around to watching it later. As a side note, is Youtube Red worth it for someone that watches a fair amount of YT content? Even if I have little to no interest in any of the special Red shows?

Complaining about it so passive-aggressively in public is very classy.

And also grounds for another infraction, I believe.

Mostly because of people like you, Lav, who complain and complain and complain and never make a forward attempt to better a situation (or their own attitude).

Firstly, I've made plenty of suggestions I think are constructive in this thread. Secondly, wasn't complaining about anything. I made a joke about people using big words rather than speaking normally, then stated a fact. Not a single complaint anywhere.

Edit - that really wasn't passive aggressive. It was stated quite plainly. Sarcasm and passive aggressive are two totally different things. But I don't think I'm allowed to rib on here anymore so. You win.

Guys, please don’t take the thread off track. We were having a pretty productive discussion about changes, and if any should be made, to GSL. Also, enjoy Ota’s recap vid.

Please get back on track. I don’t want to have to send official warnings.

Also, remember that discussing infractions publicly is frowned upon. I believe the last time that happened people were temp banned. I don’t feel that is necessary here but it is a subject to avoid.

Is that actually a rule? I thought you couldn't discuss other people's, but I'm free to discuss my own right? I assumed as I was the one who got it, if I say publicly I got it and give out the information, no problems right? Either way, noted.

Edited by Lavindathar

I might get around to watching it later. As a side note, is Youtube Red worth it for someone that watches a fair amount of YT content? Even if I have little to no interest in any of the special Red shows?

I've never watched any of the exclusive content, but I love it for the music cuts and covers that get put on YT and nowhere else. You can save it offline and play it on your phone with the screen locked, which is fun. And it includes a Google Play Music subscription, which is all I use now. I find that there's a really good overlap between YT and GPM for whatever song or podcast I'm looking for. Even tough-to-find stuff like the Majora's Mask orchestration DEG mentioned the other day.

Ad-free videos are nice too, though adblock works just as well of course.

When I was offline all last summer hiking I picked up YT Red and downloaded a couple hundred hours of Funhaus. Turns out Connie likes watching them when she's cut off from all other media. ;)