GSL 16 Recap and Suggestion/Feedback Thread

Edword

I've never watched any of the exclusive content, but I love it for the music cuts and covers that get put on YT and nowhere else. You can save it offline and play it on your phone with the screen locked, which is fun. And it includes a Google Play Music subscription, which is all I use now. I find that there's a really good overlap between YT and GPM for whatever song or podcast I'm looking for. Even tough-to-find stuff like the Majora's Mask orchestration DEG mentioned the other day.

Ad-free videos are nice too, though adblock works just as well of course.

When I was offline all last summer hiking I picked up YT Red and downloaded a couple hundred hours of Funhaus. Turns out Connie likes watching them when she's cut off from all other media. ;)

Erm, what's YT red? Never heard of it. Is this like the prime version of YouTube? Paid?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, what's YT red? Never heard of it. Is this like the prime version of YouTube? Paid?

Yep. It's $10/month US, and also includes a Google Play Music subscription (which is basically Spotify). All YT content is ad-free with a Red subscription, so the channels that you watch get direct revenue from YT itself (I think, Ota would know more). Also like I said, you can download videos to play offline and play YT with your screen locked. I know there are a bunch of workaround ways to get that stuff more underhandedly, but I find YT Red worth it.

I've never watched any of the exclusive content, but I love it for the music cuts and covers that get put on YT and nowhere else. You can save it offline and play it on your phone with the screen locked, which is fun. And it includes a Google Play Music subscription, which is all I use now. I find that there's a really good overlap between YT and GPM for whatever song or podcast I'm looking for. Even tough-to-find stuff like the Majora's Mask orchestration DEG mentioned the other day.

Ad-free videos are nice too, though adblock works just as well of course.

When I was offline all last summer hiking I picked up YT Red and downloaded a couple hundred hours of Funhaus. Turns out Connie likes watching them when she's cut off from all other media. ;)

I have a rather huge collection of CDs in my basement (and backed up digitally on multiple drives and cloud storage) so music isn’t a huge selling point. The lack of ads is nice though. Assuming the content creators still get the revenue they would get from those ads. I’m big on supporting them like that.

I’m not a huge fan of Funhaus but I do love some of the other RoosterTeeth channels. Do you know if having Red basically provides the same benefits as having RTFirst access on the RT website?

Essentially, yes.

@Teppy, you hush! YT is on topic thanks to Ota :p

Edited by bigbear.

I have a rather huge collection of CDs in my basement (and backed up digitally on multiple drives and cloud storage) so music isn’t a huge selling point. The lack of ads is nice though. Assuming the content creators still get the revenue they would get from those ads. I’m big on supporting them like that.

I’m not a huge fan of Funhaus but I do love some of the other RoosterTeeth channels. Do you know if having Red basically provides the same benefits as having RTFirst access on the RT website?

My understanding from comments Funhaus has made is that they are directly supported from Youtube Red viewership, and it's made up something like 20% of RT's revenue since the 'adpocalypse' earlier this year wiped out a large portion of their ad revenue.

It definitely does not get you any sort of special access a lá RT First membership. Though you can watch Lazer Team 1 and 2.

Sorry for delay! Video took an incredible amount of time.

Can't embed either. Ugh. Like...subscribe...etc...

Hey, thanks for taking the time to put that together for us! I got plenty of chuckles throughout and enjoyed it! Though, the shotgun stuff at the end was a bit much, maybe?

While I don't know squat about YT, I think you've got a clear voice and your anime cuts amuse me. Took a shot at Teppy and ESM, mispronounced some forum names.. Good stuff! :D

Edited by Dirty130
Typo

Yep. It's $10/month US, and also includes a Google Play Music subscription (which is basically Spotify). All YT content is ad-free with a Red subscription, so the channels that you watch get direct revenue from YT itself (I think, Ota would know more). Also like I said, you can download videos to play offline and play YT with your screen locked. I know there are a bunch of workaround ways to get that stuff more underhandedly, but I find YT Red worth it.

Ah ok. The only appealing thing to me would be the downloading videos, as most of my video downloaders are blocked by YouTube.

I don't need the music as I have virtually every subscription service going. Sky netfklx, nowtv, Amazon prime, Amazon music, UFC, Spotify prime etc. Should probably start cutting back on them.

Thanks for the info though, most helpful!

Hey, thanks for taking the time to put that together for us! I got plenty of chuckles throughout and enjoyed it! Though, the shotgun stuff at the end was a bit much, maybe?

While I don't know squat about YT, I think you've got a clear voice and your anime cuts amuse me. Took a shot at Teppy and ESM, mispronounced some forum names.. Good stuff! :D

Thanks mate. I have fun and its nice to contribute in such a way. The Frank stuff I thought may be a bit extreme but I really enjoy a dark side of humor so as long as you know its just jokes I went with it.

@Bear. What with this "maybe later" junk. More like watch it 3 more times later right?

@Frag. Thanks man. I know it sounds dumb but stupid shit like subs/likes mean alot. Next time ill put some medical drama stuff in there ok?