Problems with an achievement guide/road map? Let us know here.

Marx0r

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not but when I entered the Gears of War 2 checklist to check off some of my new acheivements, I found out that some of them can not be checked off. Whenever I click on any of the new acheivements that came out with the Title Update 3 and then click save, they do not save. Instead, it shows that I have never clicked on them. It only does this for the newest acheivements though. The others work fine. I was just wondering if something is wrong with those.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not but when I entered the Gears of War 2 checklist to check off some of my new acheivements, I found out that some of them can not be checked off. Whenever I click on any of the new acheivements that came out with the Title Update 3 and then click save, they do not save. Instead, it shows that I have never clicked on them. It only does this for the newest acheivements though. The others work fine. I was just wondering if something is wrong with those.

Did you read the first post in this thread? Do it, #7 will propably be your issue :p

The Achievement "Stockpile" Also requires One of each of the Following. Proximity Mine, Hand Grenade, Incindiary Granade, And Flash Grenade.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/456/UPkO6iw=.jpgStockpile30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgObtain all available weapons.There are two ways to earn weapons in the game. First, you can find silver cases throughout the game and pick them up, or you will unlock extra weapons by upgrading exisiting weapons. If you are playing co-op and your partner picks up a weapon, it will then be available for you to buy, or you can just go back into the level and pick it up for yourself later.

You must have one each of the following in your inventory at the same time:

Hand Gun

M92F - Found in Chapter 1-1

H&K P8

SIG P226

M93R - Fully Upgrade M92F

Shotgun

Ithaca M37 - Found in Chapter 1-2

M3 - Found in Chapter 3-3

Jail Breaker - Found in Chapter 6-1

Hydra - Fully Upgrade Ithaca M37

Machine Gun

ZV61

AK-74 - Found in Chapter 5-1

H&K MP5 - Found in Chapter 2-1

SIG 556 - Found in Chapter 5-2

Rifle

S75 - Found in Chapter 2-1

Dragunov SVD

H&K PSG-1 - Found in Chapter 5-3

Magnum

S&W M29 - Found in Chapter 3-1

L.Hawk

S&W M500 - Fully Upgrade S&W M29

Misc.

Grenade Launcher - Found in Chapter 4-1

Rocket Launcher - Found in Chapter 3-1

Stun Rod

Gatling Gun - Fully Upgrade ZV61

Longbow - Fully Upgrade S75

I think it should be noted for the Widowmaker (throw 500 people over a ledge) achievement that if you're going to do the Asgard simulation trick, that you should bring Colossus or The Hulk.

I suggest, in single player, bringing Invisible Woman or Black Panther to get to the bridge, then switching to one of the "heavy throwers"

In order to get any of the other characters to throw an enemy over the ledge it requires very, VERY,careful placement. Whereas, the "heavy throwers" can just pick up enemies and throw the enemies over in the middle of the bridge.

EDIT: Removed "The Thing" from the list of characters to use.

Edited by Filapano
wrong information

Game: The Orange Box

Sub Game: Fortress 2

Achievement: Dynasty

Achievement Notation: Win 20 games.

Guide Description: Just keep playing and you will eventually reach 20 wins.

Can be done easily in Player Matches with friends.

Change Needed: Like the guide description on 7 other Fortress 2 achievements, the "Dynasty" achievement can also be obtained in a system link match with no opponents. Not a big deal if you are planning on boosting the rest of the achievements in Fotress that require you to play online. However, if you are like me and want to max out the points on the Orange Box while staying away from the online play... Well this is an extra 10 points for 10 minutes of work.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/77/mlb-05-gdufgdf.jpgOffensive Explosion

300 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgScore 20 runs in one game on "Pro" or higher difficulty setting.

Again, follow the steps in Super Slugger for player modification. While going for the Super Slugger achievement, you should easily get 20 runs.

If you ned assistance, in the "Derek Jeter" cheat, there is also the cheat "Diamond Cutter" which adds a run on for every base you steal, and another cheats that give you a run for every strike out and every double play made, but that will be up to you, chances are you won't need them.

------------------

All wrong, you have to score 20 runs crossing the home plate. You cannot get 20 runs with "Diamond Cutter", and the other cheats. You are allowed to have cheats on, you just have to run 20 runs while crossing the home plate.

I would reccomend using the bunting achievement, and making all the opposing teams pitchers only able to throw fastballs. This way you should be able to bunt more balls, allowing you to get on base. Advance 1 base at a time and by the 4th inning, you should have 12 runs scored.

--I know not the best edit, so GT edit it too. I found out the original guide was wrong after getting 32 runs with some with Diamond Cutter, ect... Once I got 20 runs across home, I got the achievement. So, to prevent hassle to anyone else, I reccomend the GT fix this :D.

The Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts road map states there are no missable achievements, but if you read the guide for achievements "Witch Hunt" or "Burn the Witch!" you will see that 'Burn the Witch' must be done before 'Witch Hunt'. This makes Burn the Witch a missable achievement.

Thanks for pointing that out. It should be fixed now.

Hi,

I've got a problem with the Spider-Man 3 Achievements - and only with this. It's when I search for the game, it says "error - couldn't search for the game" or something like that, and I get logged out. I need to search for it on google in order to access it's achievement guide, and then it works.

I find this really awkward and somewhat annoying. Anyone an idea?

Besides: It's the same problem in IE and Firefox.

The Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts road map states there are no missable achievements, but if you read the guide for achievements "Witch Hunt" or "Burn the Witch!" you will see that 'Burn the Witch' must be done before 'Witch Hunt'. This makes Burn the Witch a missable achievement.

Actually, this is no longer true. The original reason for this is because Gruntilda would disappear from Showdown Town after getting "Witch Hunt", which is also the completion of the game's story. However, a patch was released that lets her reappear in Showdown Town after beating the game, meaning you can now get "Burn the Witch!" at any time after acquiring the Laser for Banjo's Trolley (this was part of the patch that changed the text to make it easier to read on SDTVs).

Anyway, that's not what I came here for. I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to clean up all the extra line breaks in the achievement guide for The Maw. Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to do this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/the-maw/guide/

There is an error in the achievement guide for World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions. The description for the following achievement is incorrect:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/109/1Tc8P2Nk.jpgWinning Streak Chip Series40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgUnlock all of the Winning Streak Collector Chips.You get chips for winning 2, 3, 4, and 5 hands in a row. If you win 5 in a row, you will get all the chips. The chips are awarded at the end of the tournament, however.

You get winning streak chips in the game for winning 2, 3, 4 and 5 events in a row, and the achievement unlocks after the 5th win in a row. It has nothing to do with winning hands in succession.

-LLTC

The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai guide on the main site is credited and listed as being written by Whitest Knight. But.... Uhh... It's my guide that's posted. Can someone have that changed, please?

In our records, you are listed as the author, so there was probably just some confusion when the guide was activated. I'll make sure it gets corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

In my Spider-Man: Web of Shadows guide here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/spider-man-web-of-shadows/guide/

There is missing the letter "Y" in "Hero" achievement: there is "ou need to choose different paths...", should be "You need to choose different paths..." ;)

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyway, that's not what I came here for. I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to clean up all the extra line breaks in the achievement guide for The Maw. Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to do this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/the-maw/guide/

Yeah. That's something I used to do when I uploaded guides because I thought it helped the descriptions stand out. Unfortunately, it just doesn't look very good, especially with relatively short (one or two-line) descriptions. I've gone back and fixed The Maw now and am slowly undoing it on the other guides that I uploaded in the past. If anyone notices one of theirs that I missed, PM me and I'll fix it.

Okay, the GH3 guide has been bothering me a long time now, so I decided to make some fixes to it, hopefully you can change them ;)

-----

Who Needs The Power

Do it it on hard -> Do it on hard

Star Mania

Again, just like stated under "Inhuman Rampage Achievement" -> Again, just like stated under "The Inhuman Achievement"

Life Of The Party

eject your disk -> eject your disc

100 Million!?! Gulp!?!and youre best bet is -> and you're best bet is

Streaker

your opponent doesnt hit you with some bad power-ups and lets you finish the notes off. -> your opponent doesn't hit you with some bad power-ups and lets you finish the notes off.

Tone Deaf

as it one of the easiest songs by far. -> as it is one of the easiest songs by far.

Easy Rider

practice if you cant beat it, -> practice if you can't beat it,

Medium Rare

those of us who havent had -> those of us who haven't had

Always Hard

sometimes you just cant see them -> sometimes you just can't see them

I won't list all of them here, but there is a lot more of those typos in the guide, like in achievements "Solo Career", "Big 'Ol Pile Of Wins", "The Long Road Ahead", "Right Hand Of God" etc. etc... ;)

I think the roadmaps are a great idea and help me decide which games to invest in but I think it would be better if everyone could do a little bit to make sure as many games as possible have a RoadMap on, even if it's just a rating out of 10 it would make it so much easier for people after GamerScore or just regular gamers to decide which one to buy.

I know it's easier said than done but I thought if people got together and agreed on a RoadMap it would be done quicker e.g. those that have played the games would give an accurate account and rating of a game to someone who knows how to write a good RoadMap.

I don't have many games and some of those that I do already have RoadMap but I'm willing to help in any way.

I think the roadmaps are a great idea and help me decide which games to invest in but I think it would be better if everyone could do a little bit to make sure as many games as possible have a RoadMap on, even if it's just a rating out of 10 it would make it so much easier for people after GamerScore or just regular gamers to decide which one to buy.

I know it's easier said than done but I thought if people got together and agreed on a RoadMap it would be done quicker e.g. those that have played the games would give an accurate account and rating of a game to someone who knows how to write a good RoadMap.

I don't have many games and some of those that I do already have RoadMap but I'm willing to help in any way.

The majority of the Road Maps are done by regular forum users with experience in the game. We can't do much to make people write more other than motivating them with a spiffy forum award.