Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Nozza

Rights of use:

The guide is for the use of xboxachievements.com only and may not be used without permission of the author and website admin.

Info:

• Please be aware that there may/will be spoilers

• Constructive criticism is always welcome

• Please keep your posts clean

• Any help is greatly appreciated

• Post your thoughts on where you'd like to see more information

Credit:

NShepherd N7

Maka

saMv9Qf.png

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10

- Offline: 18/18

- Online: 0/18

- Approximate amount of time to 500:gsicon: 8-10 Hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

- Missable achievements: 0

- Does difficulty affect achievements?: No Difficulty Option

- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: No

- Extra equipment needed?: No

Introduction:

Welcome to Super Lucky’s Tale first DLC content, Gilly Island. Fresh from his victory over Jinx, Lucky is looking forward to a day off. But the Book of Ages has other plans, and Lucky is once again pulled in, this time emerging into the tropical resort of Gilly Island.

Despite its beauty and renown as an award-winning vacation spot, it’s quickly apparent that something is amiss on the island. Lucky learns Lady Meowmalade has hijacked the resort to throw the greatest (worst) party ever as she celebrates the release of her latest single. Now Lucky must save the island and its vacationers from Meowmalade’s chaos before it ruins their fun and ultimately wreaks havoc on all the worlds inside the Book of Ages.

Story:

This DLC consists of 18 new achievements. While some are story related, most are misc based or collecting a vast amount of coins. All the achievements are pretty straight forward though and all levels are replayable, so you have multiple chances to unlock any you missed.

The only achievement which may cause you some trouble and some extra play time is 'He’s Got Mew-ves'. The 3 rounds of this fight can be tricky and getting hurt means a complete restart of the fight. I recommend you use the coin boosting method to rack up a lot of lives before you attempt it.

Note

Some of the achievements are either slow to unlock or just a little glitchy. There's no full on unobtainable glitched achievements but some just aren't quite unlocking properly.

Examples for me were that the coin collection based achievements unlocked 5,000 coins early and 'Fast Feed' didn't unlock the first time around of me collecting all the diamonds.

Video Guide

Maka has produced a full playthrough guide below. If you get stuck, then feel free to use this.

[ame]

[/ame]

Conclusion:
The completion for the DLC shouldn’t cause you too many issues but the coin grinding is where most of you time will be taken up and maybe the 'He’s Got Mew-ves' achievement. Other than that, this is a pretty easy a straightforward 500:gsion:

Edited by Nozza

147672-lo.jpg We Will Rebuild 5:gsicon:

Must… destroy… sandcastles!

There’s many sandcastles scattered about the Gilly Island world and its levels but only one of them needs to be destroyed. The first sandcastle is immediately to your right as you start the game. Simple go up to it, press :1x: and it'll break.

147673-lo.jpg Going Out With A Bang 25:gsicon:

Defeat General Buttons and Mr. Fluffinstuff in Three Cannon Salute

This is story related and cannot be missed. Simply complete the third level ‘Three Cannon Salute’ to unlock it.

147674-lo.jpg Put Some Aloe On That 25:gsicon:

Successfully complete Stuck In Paradise

This is story related and cannot be missed. Simply complete the second level ‘Stuck In Paradise’ to unlock it.

147675-lo.jpg The Show Must Go On 25:gsicon:

Successfully rescue the Soggy Boggy Boy’s Audience

This is story related and cannot be missed. Simply complete the first level ‘Secure The Talent’ to unlock it.

147676-lo.jpg Everybody Dance Meow 50:gsicon:

Defeat Lady Meowmalade in her dance club

This is story related and cannot be missed. Simply complete the final boss level to unlock it.

147677-lo.jpg Fast Feed 15:gsicon:

Collect all Diamonds in Secure The Talent

‘Secure The Talent’ is the first level you’ll have access to. There's a total of 6 diamonds within this level and the locations are;

• 1: To the right of your starting location there’s a foxhole. On top of the platform to it’s right, up high, is a diamond. Jump on the middle level to sink it to bring it down.
  • 2: Keep heading right and follow the inflatable's around the island. You’ll see it above on one of the wooden platforms.
  • 3: Immediately after the last diamond, follow the other wooden platforms around and as you jump onto the shell, make sure you get a high jump to land on the little green ledge popping out to the right. Once on, jump up to the top platform and the diamond is on your left.
  • 4/5: At the far end of the map next to the fish with a stall, you should see a foxhole to your left. In here you can grab 2 diamonds. The 1st being on the last platform before the Yeti, just use the shell to jump up and reach it. Now complete the challenge involving the Yeti and the 2nd diamond will be given to you as an award.
  • 6: To the left of where you started the level, jump across to the first island, then head up and again to your right across the bridge (should have a timer clock and shell next to you). Keep following the path across to another music hut and the diamond is on top of the hut itself.

147678-lo.jpg Which Way Do I Go? 15:gsicon:

Look at every map in Sunburn Maze

The Sunburn Maze is located within the second level 'Stuck In Paradise'. There's a total of 5 maps you must look at and all can be located in the same area as the umbrellas you're tasked with opening. Simply find the map and press :1x: to view it.

147679-lo.jpg Thinking Outside The Box 15:gsicon:

Beat Stuck In Paradise without flipping a switch

This achievement is known to unlock even if you flip a switch, so just complete it as normal. If by chance this ever gets patched or doesn’t unlock for you. Here’s how to do it without flipping a switch. This was simply my method of working it out, but feel free to take other routes.

The first thing to take note of is the we’ll be using the umbrellas, enemies and objects to get to better heights so we can jump over/on the fences and into new sections. If you do get stuck at any point and can spare a life, just die to spawn back at the starting point.

• 1: First umbrella is just ahead of you as you start the level.
  • 2: Now jump onto this unbrella and go into the right side pen with the caterpillar enemy. Now work your way around (note you can dig under some of the fences) to the right and across the wooden bridge. Now jump on the onion enemies head and over into the large pen to your right which should have Lady Meowmalade in it. Here is your 2nd umbrella.
  • 3: Now head to the right, down and back around. You should pass two onion enemies and once across another small wooden bridge, you should see your 3rd umbrella. From here, jump on the now open umbrella and land into the pen to your left which has a switch. Jump on the pot of fruit, jump up onto the fence itself and now walk/jump back into the spawn area.
  • 4: This one can be tricky, but jump on the 1st umbrella and try and land on the fence to your left with the diamonds below you. Making sure you’re in-line with the large diamond at the bottom, jump across to the other side and down. You should now be able to hit the 4th umbrella.
  • 5: From here, head left, past one onion enemy and keep going until you see another. Now jump on his head and use the height to launch over into the fence section next to the switch. The final umbrella is in this area.

Edited by Nozza

147680-lo.jpg He’s Got Mew-ves 25:gsicon:

Defeat Lady Meow without getting hit.

The fight with Lady Meowmalade consists of a multiple of things. It mainly revolves around making sure you're on the right coloured lights shown on the floor and then dodging a laser show. Though the rounds of the fight are the same, the pattern or locations of what happens do vary. Below is how each round plays out.

• Round 1: The first part of round one consists of you making sure you're standing on the blue squares. They'll randomly move about on the dance floor before staying still, giving you enough time to jump over to them. You'll start off with 6 being highlighted, which will then decrease to 4. Stand on them while the red squares light up with lasers then repeat two more times. Once this has happened 3 times, Lady Meowmalade will come down on a disco ball and 4 lasers will now be shot out and rotate around clock/anti-clock wise. Simply move around with them in-between the gaps or jump over them. Once they vanish, Lady Meowmalade will now be shocked and vulnerable for you to hit her 3 times.
  • Round 2: Similar to the round 1, but this time the squares start off with 9 but again, the squares will decrease each turn, finally ending in 2. Not only this, 4 bee enemies will also spawn, which you can either try and dodge or kill. After this, the disco ball will drop. Again you'll need to dodge the lasers but also make sure you're standing on the blue squares. Once everything stops, hit her 3 more times.
  • Round 3: You now have 1 blue square to find and land on, 2 bee enemies and 4 little golem guys to dodge or kill. The final disco ball wave now has 4 blue squares you must land on, as well as 8 lasers to dodge. Once you've managed to pass this phase, hit her for the final 3 times.

147681-lo.jpg We’ll Let It Slide 25:gsicon:

Complete all Sliding Block Puzzles in Gilly Island

The Sliding Block Puzzle foxholes unlock after completing the 2nd level ‘Stuck In Paradise’. There’s a total of 6 you must complete to unlock the achievement. They’re not too hard to complete and if you get stuck just step on the ‘Start Over?’ pad.

147682-lo.jpg My Clove Will Go On 50:gsicon:

Collect every Clover in the Gilly Island

There’s a total of 18 clovers you must collect. 12 come from the three levels and 6 come from the Sliding Block Puzzles.

147683-lo.jpg Someone Call For A Plumber 15:gsicon:

Defeat the Yeti in Secure The Talent

The Yeti can be located within the foxhole at the back of the 'Secure he Talent' level. Simply complete the old school ‘Mario and Donkey Kong’ challenge to unlock the achievement.

147684-lo.jpg You Got Lucky This Time… 30:gsicon:

Take no damage at the end of Three Cannon Salute

The end of the ‘Three Cannon Salute’ level will be a quick final showdown with General Buttons and Mr. Fluffinstuff while they're on their ship. Your task here is to not get hit by their cannonballs all while having them destroy the 3 explosive barrels on their ship.

Once they've crashed it and the cutscene ends, quickly jump into the foxhole to your right and you'll end up at the back of the level with the ship. Now run forwards to the end of the pier and let them shoot at you. Just standing near the end, you shouldn't get hit but two of the barrels should. Once the first two are down, jump onto the ship and stand near the ladder. You should now be at the right angle for the last barrel to be hit and the ship should sink.

If you didn't get hit, the achievement will unlock after the cutscene with Lady Meowmalade.

147685-lo.jpg Fox And Robbers 5:gsicon:

Activate all the Cash Registers

There’s a total of 2 cash registers within the Gilly Island world. To activate them, simply head over to it and hit it with :1x:. The locations are:

• At the hut right in front of you as you start
  • At the 2nd hut across the bridge to your left

147686-lo.jpg Show Me The Money 15:gsicon:

Collect 15,000 Coins

Refer to ‘I’m A Completionist’ for more information.

147687-lo.jpg Now That’s Dedication 50:gsicon:

Collect 30,000 Coins

Refer to ‘I’m A Completionist’ for more information.

147688-lo.jpg I’m A Completionist 100:gsicon:

Collect 99,999 Coins

This should be the last achievement you’ll unlock. Luckily your coins carry over from your main game, so you may already have at least or near 15,000. Remember to keep in mind when playing through the game to collect as many coins and diamonds as possible as this all adds up.

It’s also worth noting that the coins do not need to be collected within the DLC levels. So the best and fasted method is to load up the Spookington world map and grab the 2 diamonds which are at the end of the boardwalk. One is behind the wooden wall behind the 'Carnival Court' level, then jump on the spring to the right to grab the second one. Now wait for all the coins to be added to your total, now reload the map and repeat.

This method will net you 103 coins (2 diamonds and 3 coins) every 20 seconds and you should be averaging about 17,000 coins per hour. So it should take you roughly 4-5 hours to get the full 99,999 depending on your starting coin total.

147689-lo.jpg Thanks For Playing 10:gsicon:

Watch the Credits

Annoyingly there are no credits after the DLC has been beaten, nor is the an option to watch them from the main menu. You'll need to go back into the main game and beat the final boss to be able to make them show up. The achievement seems to unlock randomly, so you may have to get about 80% of the way through or wait until the end and press :1a: to head back to the main menu before it unlocks.

Edited by Nozza

Dumb question, but how do you watch the credits?

My guess is that once you complete the DLC, so final level/boss. They'll load up just like the main games did. I just have the last level to complete but I don't want to add the description until I know for sure.

My guess is though the credits can be watched early if you've already beaten the main game. Go back and beat the final boss and they should or might load up.

Unless the credits from the main game are different from the DLC... I'll test it out later.

Dumb question, but how do you watch the credits?

There are no credits for the dlc, and they aren't available from any menus. You are going to have to re-defeat the final boss of the main game to see the credits again. I know, lame.

As for the 99,999 coins, the best way I've found is to travel to Spookington, grab the two diamonds on the boardwalk in front of you, then open the world menu and fast travel to Spookington again, which resets the diamond locations. This way is pretty fast, but you're still looking at around a 5 hour grind, depending on how many coins you have when you start.

There are no credits for the dlc, and they aren't available from any menus. You are going to have to re-defeat the final boss of the main game to see the credits again. I know, lame.

As for the 99,999 coins, the best way I've found is to travel to Spookington, grab the two diamonds on the boardwalk in front of you, then open the world menu and fast travel to Spookington again, which resets the diamond locations. This way is pretty fast, but you're still looking at around a 5 hour grind, depending on how many coins you have when you start.

Say it ain't so. :(

Bit annoying but again I'll just double check that.

I'm going to have to try this out compared to my burrow method. Can't remember how many coins you can get in the burrow level at what time.

Ok, guides pretty much done. I'm just waiting on Maka to see if he's got any vids. In regards to the coin boosting and best method. I've done some looking into it.

N7's method: I tried this method out and this is what I got. I started with 13,241 coins. On average, it takes about 20 seconds to do one grab of the diamonds and 3 coins which is worth a total of 103 to the bank. This time was taken from when the map loaded to when I reloaded back in after reselecting the world.

So based off the above. I tested this method for 15 mins and my total at the end was 17,515. Which means in 15 minutes of boosting I gained 4,274 coins. Times that by 4 and you'll be making on average and rounded out to 17,000 per hour.

*I noticed that you have to wait for the money to all be added to your total before you reload the world otherwise you'll be short. So the final total above might vary by a few.

Nozza's method: Same process for this method. I started with 17,935 coins. Played the minigame mentioned in the guide and roughly it takes about 2 minutes to complete. I found out that hitting all 3 switches gives you the best results and once you've learnt the route and where everything is, you should be able to hit around 380 coins on average. My best was a little over 400 at one point.

After 15 minutes of playing, I banked a a new total of 20,563. So in 15 minutes I earned 2,628 coins. Times that by 4 and per hour you're looking at around 10,512.

- So, I'd have to agree that N7's method is faster. So I'll add it to the guide.

It's a super cheesy way to grind out the achievement, but that's the best I got.

I'm still stuck trying to beat the Diva Cat without being hit.

I'd also like to add that the achievement for beating the Cat Ship without being hit seems to be glitchy. Took me two tries to unlock it, and I know several other people who couldn't get it to pop on the first couple of tries.

It's a super cheesy way to grind out the achievement, but that's the best I got.

I'd also like to add that the achievement for beating the Cat Ship without being hit seems to be glitchy. Took me two tries to unlock it, and I know several other people who couldn't get it to pop on the first couple of tries.

Yeah I got to the last stage and then got his due to having to dodge that many lasers and land on 1 square!

Mine unlocked right away but I do think the achievements are slow to unlock or slightly glitchy. As soon as I loaded up the DLC, my 15 coins achievement unlocked when I only had 10k

I got all the diamonds in the Secure The Talent the first go, yet it didn't unlock until the 2nd time around.

Bit annoying but again I'll just double check that.

I'm going to have to try this out compared to my burrow method. Can't remember how many coins you can get in the burrow level at what time.

To watch the credits, defeating Jinx again was surprisingly not as difficult as it once was. I don't know if he was made less powerful, but I defeated him on my first try.

Yeah I got to the last stage and then got his due to having to dodge that many lasers and land on 1 square!

Mine unlocked right away but I do think the achievements are slow to unlock or slightly glitchy. As soon as I loaded up the DLC, my 15 coins achievement unlocked when I only had 10k

I got all the diamonds in the Secure The Talent the first go, yet it didn't unlock until the 2nd time around.

Defeating Lady Meow without getting hit was quite difficult. The third set of lasers were my downfall consistently. I would highly recommend pressing :1a: twice to double jump followed by pressing :1x: once to spin attack for more time between jumping over the red squares and landing on the blue ones.

Edited by andrearnettbraun

The coin achievement is a bit crazy for this game and have you asked Maka if he's doing videos or are you just waiting to see if he does?

The coin achievement is definitely glitched for me but in a good way. 15k achievement unlocked at 10k and 30k unlocked at 25k. So mine are unlocking 5k short. So looks like all I'll need is 95k lol.

He's done a vid and it's a full playthrough. Though it does cover every achievement. I'm going to add it to the roadmap for ease.

The coin achievement is definitely glitched for me but in a good way. 15k achievement unlocked at 10k and 30k unlocked at 25k. So mine are unlocking 5k short. So looks like all I'll need is 95k lol.

He's done a vid and it's a full playthrough. Though it does cover every achievement. I'm going to add it to the roadmap for ease.

OK thanks and the credit one has not unlocked

Edit: Just got it to unlock I did it again.

Edited by jroller1979

OK thanks and the credit one has not unlocked

Edit: Just got it to unlock I did it again.

No cheevo for me after defeating that stupid cat again...

I wonder if he was patched because he was wayyy easier that when I played the game a few months back (that's my feeling at least). I'll wait and see if it unlocks later, and will retry the fight if it hasn't in a day or two...

The coins though, major grind ahead... Maybe I'll wait to see if more DLC are planned (hopefully not with something like "collect 500.000 coins" :eek:).

Edited by Wicelow
Because I can

I wonder if he was patched because he was wayyy easier that when I played the game a few months back (that's my feeling at least). I'll wait and see if it unlocks later, and will retry the fight if it hasn't in a day or two...

The coins though, major grind ahead... Maybe I'll wait to see if more DLC are planned (hopefully not with something like "collect 500.000 coins" :eek:).

When it tells you to press :1a: to back to the main menu I just left it for a bit and it unlocked.

Defeating Jinx was definitely easier than before. I unlocked the achievement for watching the credits shortly after being prompted to press the :1a: button to return to the main menu.

Unfortunately, collecting 99,999 coins will be the most time consuming of all of the achievements in this new downloadable content. All we can do is hope for the best with any possible content in the future. :francis:

I'd start chipping away at that achievement now. Better get as close to it as possible because if the new DLC does have another you'll be kicking yourself for now grinding away at it.

I really would not say its a 3/10 more like a 5 or 6. The achievement for not getting hit on the last boss is hard.

Personally I don't think so. Out of all the achievements, this is the hardest but I don't think it warrants the difficulty going up by 3 points. I think the DLC is personally a 1/10 and that achievement alone bumps it to 3/10.

I know a lot of people say their kids play this game but the guide cannot be custom made for each age bracket. If you're young and playing this, I determine your skill in games to be less than an experienced adults. My 5 year old Godson would like this game but he'd have no clue what to do so it'll be a 10/10. My 9 year old sister would be a little better but she wouldn't be going for achievements and personally would still struggle with the game itself.

Guides averaged out and really designed for adults.

Defeating Jinx was definitely easier than before. I unlocked the achievement for watching the credits shortly after being prompted to press the :1a: button to return to the main menu.

Mine unlocked about half way through the credits...

Edited by Nozza

I'd start chipping away at that achievement now. Better get as close to it as possible because if the new DLC does have another you'll be kicking yourself for now grinding away at it.

Personally I don't think so. Out of all the achievements, this is the hardest but I don't think it warrants the difficulty going up by 3 points. I think the DLC is personally a 1/10 and that achievement alone bumps it to 3/10.

I know a lot of people say their kids play this game but the guide cannot be custom made for each age bracket. If you're young and playing this, I determine your skill in games to be less than an experienced adults. My 5 year old Godson would like this game but he'd have no clue what to do so it'll be a 10/10. My 9 year old sister would be a little better but she wouldn't be going for achievements and personally would still struggle with the game itself.

Guides averaged out and really designed for adults.

Mine unlocked about half way through the credits...

So, you had no probs getting that achievement then is that what you're saying? People on TA are saying it's hard and luck based so is Maka. I'm not the worst player and it took me over 3 hours and over 100 lives to get it. OK maybe not a 6, but I would say not a 3 everyone has there own opinion.

Edited by jroller1979

So, you had no probs getting that achievement then is that what you're saying? People on TA are saying it's hard and luck based so is Maka. I'm not the worst player and it took me over 3 hours and over 100 lives to get it. OK maybe not a 6, but I would say not a 3 everyone has there own opinion.

Took me about 1hr (maybe a little over). Had 170 lives going in and ended up with around 145 by the time I unlocked it. 90% of the time I could easily get to the final round without any trouble. The times I died was down to my stupidity or the crappy jump mechanics. Trying to jump and land on one square is near impossible.

After a while I started to learn the laser patterns and what the blue squares were either going to do or how many I'd have to deal with. The enemies would only shoot in an up, down, left or right direction, and always land in the same spots. So most of the time you only needed to kill 2 of them in the 2nd round and maybe 1 of the bee's in the last. If you landed in between the golem guys, just attack from your square to kill them. No harm and at least it gives you something less to worry about.

I knew that the 2nd round blue squares would only change 2 positions on its first go. So I had a very high chance of not having to move. Very high percent of the time on the 3rd round the blue squares started on the left - or depending on what side you're starting at is where the pattern will also start/stay. I learnt the rotation of the lasers, so could estimate when they were going to end, so I could at least get myself in the right position. Also learnt that when possible, run with the lasers and don't jump. You have less control while in the air and can't quickly manoeuvre to your next position as fast.

Never stay to one side of the map, no matter how big the blue squares are. Hang about in the middle and just run and jump for it. If you stay one side and the pattern throws you a curve ball and puts the blue squares the other side of the floor, you'll never make it, especially if theres lasers. Use enemies to your advantage. Jumping on their head, then double jump and then attack keeps you in the air for ages.

I won't lie, some parts were tricky and it took me that 10% to learn the first few rounds and I literally died on the last blue square a few times. I just turned the sound off, put some music on and managed to get it.

Edited by Nozza