Achievement not unlocking?

andy888101

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're definitely not alone with the achievement unlock issue.

Gold rewards and rep rewards do eventually come through. You can usually speed that up by signing out and back in, but Rare have temporarily closed sign-ins so don't try that if you're currently in-game.

No idea if the achievements I should have unlocked will pop on their own. The one I know didn't unlock was for buying your first promotion, and I've done that with two of the three factions so far. Hesitant to do the third one.

At first there was the odd achievement with a slight delay for me, but they did unlock. During my last play session however, no achievements would unlock at all. Delays with chests and rank also affect me, but it all sorts out and the gold is added eventually in my experience.

Edit: Sea of Thieves experiencing issues at the moment with achievements and matchmaking - https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-live-status

They have also suspended new players from starting a game until they get these problems sorted -

Edited by BluWolve

Has anyone gotten this issue taken care of? Any achievements unlocking?

No, I haven't had achievement unlock since the first 30 minutes of the game that I played on release day.

It's still listed as a problem in their list of ongoing issues, but listed as delayed only, meaning the game is supposed to be tracking in the background and they should pop eventually. No ETA on a fix from them, though.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/launch-status-update

3.    Achievements being delayed

We have had to temporarily disable achievements being awarded to allow our services to cope with the scale of the messages flowing through them. We are storing all awarded achievements, and they will be awarded to players once we are through this weekend and we release the first game patch.

Status: Believed fixed for next game patch (ETA: early next week).

So achievements will apparently unlock retroactively when the next patch goes live, which is excellent news.

Edited by BluWolve

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/launch-status-update

3.    Achievements being delayed

We have had to temporarily disable achievements being awarded to allow our services to cope with the scale of the messages flowing through them. We are storing all awarded achievements, and they will be awarded to players once we are through this weekend and we release the first game patch.

So achievements will apparently unlock retroactively when the next patch goes live, which is excellent news.

Stupid. But, I guess, at least their working on it...

UPDATE: From the developers:

Achievements being delayed

Logged on for the second time today and still nothing. What do you guys think about uninstalling then reinstalling? Think that might do it?

I don't think it's client side. According to them it's an internal system messaging issue and things are just working their way through a queue. Just last night I was running around and suddenly had 800+ gold drop into my account from who knows what that I did earlier, or days ago. I was sailing around at the time.

I haven't gotten achievements since day 1 and I've repeated some of the actions many times without having them pop, so I am assuming they are marked as "complete" and will roll in eventually.

Edited by ViRaLuNdEaD

I know this might sound stupid but I'm really unmotivated to play without the achievements. I mean, I like the game, and downloaded it on day 1. But without the achievements working, I find it hard to get motivated to play. It's really pissing me off.

same

but

We are storing all awarded achievements, and they will be awarded to players once we are through this weekend and we release the first game patch.

knowing that i get all the achievement later gave me some motivation to play