SakuraMissingno is Kicking Names and Taking Butt

So, today is the last day of medication (other than one pill I have to take tomorrow). I am feeling so much better.

Or at least I thought I was, until I realized that I spent literally all day playing Disneyland Adventures...

All day.

Painstakingly researching where to find every hidden mickey, what I need to do to get certain achievements... Making lists...

Jumping from attraction to attraction in order to get all the stupid secrets and badges just to get 50% in each "land."

I might be sicker than I thought, and be in the "eye of the storm" when it comes to this illness... I might need another week off. :rolleyes:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to play "good news/bad news"

But the bad news is pretty bad and I'm still processing it...

So lets just stick with the good news.

1) I don't have to take my cocktail of medication today, which means I can get drunk and maybe actually start to enjoy this "Vacation."

2) I might be getting another week off because this illness is putting up a fight.

3) I'm going to be taking my little one on an overnight vacation next week and I'm so excited. He's been talking about it all summer, and now I finally get to take him. He knows it's coming up, but he's got the attention span of a goldfish, and I started making a few add-on plans to really solidify this as a good trip.

Also I haven't had a cigarette in a week. I'd be proud of myself over it, but since I'm already a drink and change in -- I'm going to end up breaking that streak. Which honestly. My conscience can handle, because the two have always gone hand-in-hand, even before I became a "regular" smoker. (And it honestly only solidifies my belief that my place of employment is a cesspool of pain and suffering.)

So... The bad news that I got yesterday... Is that I'm being "evicted."

I didn't do anything wrong. I've always paid rent on time, never had the cops called, never threw parties or anything like that... Other than the grass getting a little long because I let it go a week once or twice in the almost two years that I've lived here (which we ended up changing our lease agreement for me to pay for the lawn care through a service then, simply because she knew my work schedule was all over the place), and accidentally overloading the tiny washer, causing a sock to get sucked into the pump and not drain properly which required someone to come fix, there really hasn't been any issues.

The white walls might need a fresh coat of paint, and the carpet might need to be shampooed in a spot where my son spilled apple juice and didn't tell me right away before we go... But the place is pretty much in the same condition I got it in, if not better, since we did a few minor repairs here and there. (We fixed the toilet in the bathroom, fixed the bathroom door so it will close all the way, fixed the back door's spring so it will shut on its own, fixed loose door knobs and realigned a couple locks that weren't fit properly)...

They decided that they are going to sell the property. They offered to sell it to us, and it's cheap, but we honestly want absolutely nothing to do with this house. If we had money where we could get permits and add on to this place, or if we weren't planning on moving out of this town within the next year or two, we would have highly considered it... But, we don't have the money or the desire to stay, so I guess we gotta go...

No idea where. No idea how I'm going to make it work, since this illness hit my paycheck... But I'll figure it out...

-disgruntled-

I've made it down to the point in Disneyland Adventures where I'm just grinding the "adventures" and the attractions.

Splash Mountain is making me want to lose my mind.

And getting all the Winnie the Pooh tasks done just made me keep thinking of the show Impractical Jokers where they send someone back and forth between two of the hosts for as long as they can doing mundane things and passing a message along repeatedly.

Like, seriously Pooh is over there all like "Can you ask Piglet?" and then I back out, turn around, look at Piglet, look back at Pooh, and all I think is "You couldn't have taken the two steps forward to ask yourself?"

I get it's a game geared towards kids and it's a LOT of game...

A LOT.

Almost TOO MUCH.

But like... Pooh could've easily been like "AYE YO PIGLET! YOU SEEN THEM HONEY POTS?!" and gotten a response right then and there from Piglet who could've just yelled back "YEA MY DUDE, I'VE SEEN A BUNCH OF 'EM LYING AROUND LIKE THREE FEET THAT WAY!"

I mean they are literally two feet away from each other...

[spoiler=dla1]

If you're askin' how he eats or breathes, or other science facts... Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax..."

Also, I seem to be facing a glitch right now where the secrets in certain attractions are re-activating. I haven't really paid much attention to whether or not it is setting me back, and if I need to redo them or not... But it was a weird thing that I noticed. Secrets that I'm like 99.9% sure that I've gotten... I'll figure it out eventually...

And getting all the Winnie the Pooh tasks done just made me keep thinking of the show Impractical Jokers where they send someone back and forth between two of the hosts for as long as they can doing mundane things and passing a message along repeatedly.

Can you ask my buddy if he wants to play ninjas later?

I broke my 58 day 362 achievement streak... RIP...

(It was worth it though. Instead I took my family on a mini vacation overnight stay to this awesome indoor waterpark that I went to as a kid. It was a lot of fun. My fiance had never been, and of course it was my little one's first time. Nothing about it has changed in the 13 years since I had been.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instead of worrying about streak, I've decided to pay more attention to just general GS and completion percentage (based on TA). I need to take some time to try and get through my back log anyway and get out of the nasty habit of buying games and never really finishing them because I get excited about the next newest game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[spoiler=bitching]

I applied for a new job as a motel front desk person. They are owned by the same franchiser that owns the Dunkin' Donuts that my fiance is the assistant manager for. I haven't heard anything from them yet, and I don't like calling to follow up. I know it's professional, but I like to get myself "dolled up" and make an appearance to follow up, because a face with a name is better than a phone call, plus I'm far more comfortable with face-to-face interaction, because I read physical cues a bit better than people's tones. Professionalism is fake, and you can't hide facial expressions in person.

BUT. The crazy thing about it, is MY FIANCE'S BOSS is planning on snatching the hiring manager when they come over for their morning coffee and putting in a good word on my behalf. Why? Because they have frequented my place of business and have seen my work ethic first hand, and how I handle people under high-pressure and stressful situations. Handling complaints, reassuring customers that their food won't be much longer, all while making 10 orders all on my own, and multi-tasking like a boss, and has been frequently impressed. They said that the only reason that they haven't asked me to apply to work for them is because it would be a conflict of interest, with me being engaged to the assistant manager. They also know that I have a lot of knowledge and experience working with paperwork, audits, accounting and general bookkeeping, and if the lone manager at the motel ever wanted to go on vacation, I'd be their person, because they have also watched me move up in the company relatively rapidly and know that I am capable of learning anything thrown my way rather quickly.

I also told him to pass along the message, to tell them that just because I applied for one thing, does not necessarily mean that I would not be willing to take on any open position if they are willing to give me at least 38 hours.

Edited by SakuraMissingno
last minute drunk thoughts that I didn't want to make a new post over

A lot of us do the same thing. If I see a game on sale I’ll pick it up, then a game I really wanted goes and sale and that last game sits there Unplayed.

Also lol at your edit description

The sales... THE SALES... They get me every time... Or when Game Pass hits me with that "Remember how you wanted to play me, but couldn't justify paying that much money for me?" or "Remember me from your childhood?" game... I have a crap completion percentage as it is, but it just keeps wrecking me... :p

Also, lol, yes... But at least it seems like a semi-smooth transition in text... In person everything in a conversation seems like a "last minute thought" when coming out of my mouth. (And honestly, it probably is.)

I caved and bought We Happy Few. I tried streaming it for a little bit, but I should probably know better than to stream a game that I haven't quite learned the mechanics for yet...

Although when I finally DID figure it out, and started doing... Better... The game froze, and apparently the save file decided to destroy itself in the process, because now the game crashes every time I try to load up that particular save...

I don't wanna do it again...

Does anyone else notice weird habits of their neighbors?

Like I want to know why my neighbor across the street switches his camper from one side of his drive way to the other every single day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two of my favorite coworkers quit, and I've been going insane. One of them moved down south, and has been trying to convince me and my fiance to move down. Not that we need much convincing, we're already planning on it.

The other one I knew in school growing up, because I knew his older brother who was the year ahead of me. He just went back to school, and I said "Don't come back. I'll miss you. But promise me you'll get out of here."

He told me if I'm ever in his area to shoot him a text so we can go booze it up.

I said "HAHAHA! No. At 25, I'd be the weird "Senior citizen" partying with college kids, and I'm not down with that image. When you come to visit, you text me and we'll catch up at the bar in town."

But now I'm just going to be a lonely little ball of hostility and anger because I have nobody who gets my cynical sense of humor...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm still draggin' my butt on getting around to picking up We Happy Few again because I don't want to go through the tutorial again after my game crashed. I've been playing Skyrim, and pouting instead.

Drunk Thoughts With Sakura

Corporate big dogs were planning on coming down. So I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to get the store absolutely spotless. Like this man will (and has) no joke, complained about dirt in the parking lot being dirty. Like. There's a speck of dirt in the literal patch of dirt that is employee parking... End of world.

So, I was ceiling to floor making sure everything was sparkling. This included... Cleaning bathrooms.

Now, the bathrooms in this place are "single serve." So, logic would have it, that one person enters the bathroom, and locks the door when it's in use. Correct? I go into the women's bathroom. No problem. Get it cleaned up. Looking great. Move onto the men's bathroom.

Open up the door. Dude. With IT in hand. Standing at the urinal. Back turned to the door. Didn't even notice that I opened it since those doors are DAMN silent. And I just... "Nope" right on out. Coworkers in the deli, at the registers, in the office, customers... Just see me with a step ladder slung on one shoulder, and a cleaner bottle and rag in one hand, SPEED WALKING with this mortified look on my face AWAY from the bathroom as I'm repeatedly muttering "Nope - nope - nope - nope - nope- nuh-uh - nope -absolutely NOT AHHHHH!!! SORRRRYYYYY!!!"

And I walked out the door and hid around the side of the building until I saw him leave.

I would like to say this is the first time in my career that this has happened.

But it's not.

And all I'm gonna say is at least this time they didn't turn around with it still out...

:whiteflag:

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new job. -- Unfortunately the end being in sight has made me a touch... Less... Censored... (I told someone that I wanted them to be louder, not ruder... After they gave me attitude for asking them to speak up, because they came up and mumbled their request.)

Have yet to pull a Half-Baked...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't reach my 37% completion goal by the end of the month. Didn't think I would... So I guess it's okay.

Started playing Prison Architect way too much...

They keep escAPING!

• 2 weeks later...

New job has me like

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/04/iqwojm3.gif

I love it, but it is super exhausting.

It's that "come in at 9, get your assignments for the day, work until it's done, and then go. home."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't really been able to focus on the completion of any game because I AM so tired at the end of every shift. Has been hard to keep my eyes open...

Currently been playing Graveyard Keeper when i can keep my eyes open long enough to do it.

I'm not exactly sure what it is that I'm trying to do, or how I'm trying to do it... But I seem to be making process... In a direction...

• 2 weeks later...
the thought of TWD not finishing is seriously ruining my weekend.

I'm still thinking about it, and I'm still mad. I'm mostly mad, because of ALL THE THINGS that they could have saved they chose to save the #$@# Minecraft. I mean, I get that it's probably due to contract, but still... I'm angry about it.

Although I heard that they are searching for someone else to at least finish off the rest of TWD, since they are already part way through the last one. I'm not holding my breath, unfortunately, but I'm still trying to hold onto a shred of hope.

Soooo...

I keep leaving my notebook across the room, and I'm lazy... Especially after I just get comfortable...

So I'm going to leave some notes for Graveyard Keeper on here for myself. I'll put the spoilers on but it's just kind of a heads up.

[spoiler=gkstonefence]

Stone Fence Achievement: Needed: 24 polished brick of stone, 2 carved piece of stone, 12 complex metal pieces

1/24 polished brick of stone

2 carved piece of stone

12 complex metal pieces

Aaaannnnd.... Of course the moment I have gathered the majority of the materials, the game freezes...

And I haven't slept/saved the game in god who knows how long... So...

My fiance just got up and left the room because he looked over and saw my eye twitch...

WELP

Here we go...

Again...

This is my final post for the night, and it's honestly only because I realized that I was one away from reaching 100 posts, and I just want to be annoying on other parts of the website.

Sorry y'all! Socks is breaking out of "100 post minimum" limbo!

Congrats on 100 posts! 900 more for a forum award!

Also lol at the tags in this blog.

An Attempt to get three achievements for Graveyard Keeper

[spoiler=gykfish]

10 wood wedges

2 wooden plank

4 simple parts

16 flitch

4 simple iron parts

7 nails

24/200 fish

9/10 different kinds of fish

No sight of the elusive goldfish...

The Fish Collector achievement just got stuck (catch 10 different kinds of fish).

Yet my Ichthyologist achievement (catch 15 different kinds of fish) is showing at 80%... Which would be 12 fish... How do I... Fix this?!

Listen Linda, listen, listen, listen...

I'm going to freak the ever living fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff out.

Achievements stopped tracking for shits and giggles on Graveyard Keeper, and I have sunk SO MUCH TIME INTO IT AND TO EVEN GO BACK AND SEE IF IT WOULD WORK ON A DIFFERENT SAVE FILE WOULD BE SO MUCH...

I will basically have to start all over to get it...

I'm going to keep on with this one and see if the rest of them are glitched out, or maybe I'm just missing something. Hopefully I'm just missing something... OH GOD I HOPE I'M JUST MISSING SOMETHING.

But we'll see...

Warning: Drunk AF post

So... One of the achievements that was "stuck," Ichthyologist, unlocked... I was outside on my laptop listening to music and what not, and my laptop gave me an achievement unlock message for the "catch 15 types of fish" but it didn't unlock Fish Collector achievement which is "catch 10 types of fish." I'm hoping that the game/xbox/achievement tracker/whatever higher power that controls this will make things right... Because otherwise, what the heck is life, and what am I doing?

I did read on the xbox support forums that it can take up to 72 hours for it to catch up, but it was so weird and spontaneous, and even my xbox hasn't caught up, even if microsoft has... I don't know what to do, or what to think... Part of me wants to (drunkenly) go in the support chat and be like "brah.... C'mon... Help a sister out, here... We can think this through logically..." (Not that they'd be able to do anything, probably...) But, seriously.... Whhhyyyy????

(Also, I got an xbox live message saying "You completed the summer gold quest, here's a code for double xp in a game that you have never played, let alone heard of!!!" and I was like "OH WOW! COOL! I didn't even know I did that!!! Way to go!!! It's like the "are you still watching" feature on Netflix, where it just says "YOU WASTED A LOT OF TIME PLAYING GAMES AND WE FEEL BAD! HERE'S A CODE!"")

I beasted through ABZU and put the finishing touches on Human: Fall Flat last night/this morning. I set a goal for myself back in July to reach 50k and I was so tantalizingly close, that I just HAD to do something...

In other words, half-way to 100k. Only took six years to get to where I am, although, when I look at it a little bit, I did double my gamerscore this year, alone, and there were several years where I didn't really... Play.

New goal, with less time in the year is to get it up to 55k. My fiance says that knowing me, I'll easily gain another 10k in the next two months, buuuuut, I like to be realistic.

Graveyard Keeper still hasn't spit out my 10 different fish achievement, but has spit out the 15 different fish achievement... Getting rather annoyed with that, because I fear that no matter what, it is going to be glitched into oblivion, and despite me having completed the game 100%, it will never show that I did.

I tried to pick up Disneyland Adventures again. Got an achievement and went "that's enough." I was SUPER "into it" months ago, and then realized that I was being overly obsessive and needed to take a break from it. I'm mostly at the points in that game where it's super repetitive, grindy, nobody cares, looking for stuff I don't care about, being forced to complete a MASSIVE GAME to almost 100% completion in it's own way. Feels like I'm going and collecting every single plate in Skyrim, or something.

I started working on Hue, too. It's a super cute little game, an easy 100%, but it's def going to be more time than I really want to spend on a game that requires me to think way too hard. :p -- Although Graveyard Keeper has a tendency to do that too, I suppose.