GSL Twist 2018 General Discussion and Trash Talk

StayonTarget

4f0lJT3.png

Two men enter, one man leaves. Duke it out! But our lawyers insist that you keep it all within the Code of Conduct! Don't make us turn this car around.

Participation Requirements: Thread

Signups: Thread

GSL Twist 2018 Tracker: Link

Edited by StayonTarget

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just want to break up the Finns any means necessary? I doubt any of us will be joining for this run but good luck to everyone who takes part and have fun!

I don't think this GSL is replacing the one that's done at the end of the year. So you guys will be able to defend your dominance of that one. This one is different hence the name twist.

You just want to break up the Finns any means necessary? I doubt any of us will be joining for this run but good luck to everyone who takes part and have fun!

We decided to do two GSL’s every season. Mid season will have a twist, end of season will be the straight up GSL rules. This twist is all about site forum recruitment. A great example of this is our staff member BluWolve. He has over 50 referrals to the site in just a few months. You can recruit any two people from your friends list to join you this GSL. What would be totally awesome is if the Finn’s recruited 4 people to the forums and made two monster GSL teams! The mid season GSL’s will always have some unique twist :) This GSL should be fantastic and very beneficial to the forums.

Edited by Dirty130
Edit at bplayak's request

:rofl: Because everything has to be about you guys right? That's a bit egotistical don't you think?

Why not just form up with other people and have a bit of fun? It is a kind of sad and a little insulting to other people that you won't participate because you cant be in the team you would prefer.

The way I see it, the Finns are veterans when it comes to GSL, and you could really apply your skills and knowledge to assist others who are new to it. You can still get together for the end of Season GSL as usual, so why not try something different and help some newbies out, show people how fun GSL can be. You never know, you may enjoy yourself!

Pretty sure he was joking.

Whether I misunderstood or not is beside the point. The fact of the matter is these guys are very good at GSL, and clearly have a lot of experience. So why not join a different group and help some new contenders out? They have a lot of experience to share, so why not share some of it? You don't have to invest a lot of time, and don't have to invest any money, so why not get involved?

Edit: Unless they are scared...? :p

Edited by BluWolve

Pretty sure he was joking.

Whether I misunderstood or not is beside the point. The fact of the matter is these guys are very good at GSL, and clearly have a lot of experience. So why not join a different group and help some new contenders out? They have a lot of experience to share, so why not share some of it? You don't have to invest a lot of time, and don't have to invest any money, so why not get involved?

Edit: Unless they are scared...? :p

Jappe isn't a proper spokesperson for us. He's too much of a fool for that. I'll think about participating in a more casual manner.

We decided to do two GSL’s every season. Mid season will have a twist, end of season will be the straight up GSL rules. This twist is all about site forum recruitment. A great example of this is our staff member BluWolve. He has over 50 referrals to the site in just a few months. You can recruit any two people from your friends list to join you this GSL. What would be totally awesome is if the Finn’s recruited 4 people to the forums and made two monster GSL teams! The mid season GSL’s will always have some unique twist :) This GSL should be fantastic and very beneficial to the forums.

Makes sense and it actually sounds good.

:rofl: Because everything has to be about you guys right? That's a bit egotistical don't you think?

Why not just form up with other people and have a bit of fun? It is a kind of sad and a little insulting to other people that you won't participate because you cant be in the team you would prefer.

The way I see it, the Finns are veterans when it comes to GSL, and you could really apply your skills and knowledge to assist others who are new to it. You can still get together for the end of Season GSL as usual, so why not try something different and help some newbies out, show people how fun GSL can be. You never know, you may enjoy yourself!

Everything doesn't need to be about us. GSL is GSL. You form a team of people and score as much as you can in a given time frame. You change the rules, it's not the same competition anymore.

Personally I can't participate because the first I heard about this was from Kovy last night. I haven't put a thought into gamerscore since the end of the last competition.

Probably don't have any interest in joining later to the other GSL either. But that's just me.

I'll think about participating in a more casual manner.

That's awesome Kovy :)

Personally I can't participate because the first I heard about this was from Kovy last night. I haven't put a thought into gamerscore since the end of the last competition.

Probably don't have any interest in joining later to the other GSL either. But that's just me.

That's a shame Jappe :(

For this mid season GSL I think you would be a great addition to any team lucky enough to scoop you up, even just for the advice you could offer.

Also, the end of season GSL definitely wouldn't be the same without you. Hope you reconsider!

This is supposed to be the trash talking thread but everyone's now being nice and offering encouragement to one another.

If you all play the way you 'trash talk' then Team Weiner has got this:cool::p

:p You chewin on a brick or talkin to me son? Either way you gonna lose some teeth :boxer

Team Sausage Dog is going down. You don't have the power of sexiness on your side this time :chair