Dr.croft an 100% completion achievements bugged?

Lewie B I ReQ

It does, yup. And I just found out that New Game+ allows you to pick a "playstyle," and each playstyle unlocks 3 new skills, a new weapon, and a new outfit. Pretty cool!

https://tombraider.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-new-game-plus

But yeah, I just unlocked my last few skills in prep for NG+, so it should be easier.

Aim assist? I didn't notice any. I thought it was mostly free-aim?

Thats pretty sweet.

And yeah. You notice how your aim slows down to a crawl when ever your aiming around an enemy. Its really annoying for me especially vs jaguars and you end up aiming at its ass when it runs and you have to drag your aim really slow across its body to the head.

I think rb6 siege has just made me hate any kind of aim assist lol

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty sweet.

And yeah. You notice how your aim slows down to a crawl when ever your aiming around an enemy. Its really annoying for me especially vs jaguars and you end up aiming at its ass when it runs and you have to drag your aim really slow across its body to the head.

I think rb6 siege has just made me hate any kind of aim assist lol

Huh, I honestly don't think I even noticed that! Hopefully now that I'm aware of it, it doesn't mess with me during this playthrough.

I just made it to the first campsite in the jungles last night. I was surprised to realize there weren't any campsites in Mexico (could have sworn there was one). Definitely though I was gonna die and mess up during the tsunami, but so far, so good!

Is anyone else having trouble finding the last 1 or 2 survivor caches, I’ve finished everything else on the mission map, can’t find this one stupid thing.

Caches were always an issue for me, but PowerPyx has a good completed collectible map per region that can be of help.

https://www.powerpyx.com/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-collectible-locations-100-maps/

Just make sure to get every Explorer Pack and Archivist Map and they will reveal every collectible (to an extent).

Huh, I honestly don't think I even noticed that! Hopefully now that I'm aware of it, it doesn't mess with me during this playthrough.

I just made it to the first campsite in the jungles last night. I was surprised to realize there weren't any campsites in Mexico (could have sworn there was one). Definitely though I was gonna die and mess up during the tsunami, but so far, so good!

Haha hopefully not. You might be thinking of the camp fires that get placed there afterwards so you can return for collectibles

Is anyone else having trouble finding the last 1 or 2 survivor caches, I’ve finished everything else on the mission map, can’t find this one stupid thing.

Monoliths reveal treasures that count as caches so make sure you grab those too if you havent already. Hopefully you didnt hit a bug where the monolith doesnt reveal treasure meaning you cant collect it

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

Monoliths reveal treasures that count as caches so make sure you grab those too if you havent already. Hopefully you didnt hit a bug where the monolith doesnt reveal treasure meaning you cant collect it

Argh. I’ll check them again.

Question. On your map, of the monolith treasure is found/taken will the monolith marker turn to pale gray?

Edit: also when the monolith treasure is found, will the “search circle) change from green to white?

Edit #2: The green circle was showing up when I was searching for monolith treasure and was next to a quest in San Juan. And, indeed they do change from whit to pale white when you’ve found them.

THANK YOU LEWIE, had no idea those counted toward the cache count.

Edit #3: I can’t get the shovel option to pop at the “take a deep breath/under the nose” one. Looked at PST and Steam boards, seems like a big.

Edited by XxBlueSpade2xX

Once you get a monoliths treasure the white circle will disappear and the monolith icon itself will no longer be white. It will be that faded grey color.

As for the treasure i cant remember where that was but are you watching a video to see its exact spot? If so then sadly the treasure might of bugged on you.

Hopefully not. Make sure to have a good look

So the best way to try and not get glitched is to get everything needed for Dr. Croft achievement before 100% the maps? I just have the Hidden City & Mission Of San Jaun collectibles left. Once I got to San Jaun with story I started collecting collectibles from other areas. I’m only at 27% but I have a lot that will complete in these 2 areas.

So the best way to try and not get glitched is to get everything needed for Dr. Croft achievement before 100% the maps? I just have the Hidden City & Mission Of San Jaun collectibles left. Once I got to San Jaun with story I started collecting collectibles from other areas. I’m only at 27% but I have a lot that will complete in these 2 areas.

People are thinking that collectibles obtained during a Deadly Obsession run are what may be causing a glitch.

That being said, having played on Normal, this is what I did (I didn't have any issue unlocking this achievement).

Play through the game naturally, collecting everything you can/want along the way. This includes tombs, crypts, collectibles, and side missions.

Before you start the final mission, which is initiated by speaking with Eztle (spelling) in Skull Cave (the game will trigger a prompt, informing you that if you decide to proceed, you are starting the "point of no return"), go back across every region and 100% it.

Once this is done, you should have every region at 100%.

If you go into your artifact collection, you should have two incomplete: Resistance and Lara's Story (or Lara's Journal; I forget exactly what it's called, but it's Lara's "something").

Those last two collections will be completed naturally during the final mission of the game, specifically when Eztle gives you an amulet and the "Queen" gives you a mask.

After the cutscene where you retrieve this mask, the achievement will unlock.

So i have finished the campaign (on easy) and didn't have San Juan, or Hidden Valley at 100%.

I have since got all the collectibles at San Juan and will try and get a start on the Hidden valley tonight.

Does this mean i am screwed or is there no definitive answer yet as to what causes it?

So i have finished the campaign (on easy) and didn't have San Juan, or Hidden Valley at 100%.

I have since got all the collectibles at San Juan and will try and get a start on the Hidden valley tonight.

Does this mean i am screwed or is there no definitive answer yet as to what causes it?

Personally i think its something to do with deadly obsession. Think atleast, no concrete evidence. Other than that i really have no clue

People are thinking that collectibles obtained during a Deadly Obsession run are what may be causing a glitch.

That being said, having played on Normal, this is what I did (I didn't have any issue unlocking this achievement).

Play through the game naturally, collecting everything you can/want along the way. This includes tombs, crypts, collectibles, and side missions.

Before you start the final mission, which is initiated by speaking with Eztle (spelling) in Skull Cave (the game will trigger a prompt, informing you that if you decide to proceed, you are starting the "point of no return"), go back across every region and 100% it.

Once this is done, you should have every region at 100%.

If you go into your artifact collection, you should have two incomplete: Resistance and Lara's Story (or Lara's Journal; I forget exactly what it's called, but it's Lara's "something").

Those last two collections will be completed naturally during the final mission of the game, specifically when Eztle gives you an amulet and the "Queen" gives you a mask.

After the cutscene where you retrieve this mask, the achievement will unlock.

Where do I get the Silver Box of Ix Chel? I have 85% map completion but have only 1 side quest for the bow left (guessing I get that Mask Of The Nahual and in the mission in San Jaun with Jonah

Edit: got the Silver Box Of Ix Chel (story). I have 92% map, with 99% for The Hidden City and 91% for Dr. Croft

Edited by leprekon
Updated

I've completed two playthrus, neither of them on DO (normal then hard -- I only just started my DO run), and the collection tracking was messed up on both. One game I had 100% in every section of the map prior to the PoNR, and the other only got 100% in them after, so that's got nothing to do with the bugs either. Nor does looking at the artifacts, as first playthru I viewed every one as I got them, and my second I left them unviewed (unless I tried accessing the map too soon after collecting something). Between my two playthrus, the "incomplete" collections aren't even the same, and again, both were 100% in every region (and the knife collected in the one side mission). Honestly, I really do think it's random, dumb luck if you get affected (or not) by it.

We're just going to have to wait for the patch next month when the first DLC content comes out, and hope they've gotten things figured out to fix the bug.

Where do I get the Silver Box of Ix Chel? I have 85% map completion but have only 1 side quest for the bow left (guessing I get that Mask Of The Nahual and in the mission in San Jaun with Jonah

Edit: got the Silver Box Of Ix Chel (story). I have 92% map, with 99% for The Hidden City and 91% for Dr. Croft

Mask of the Nahual will be obtained from one of the last aide wuests in The Hidden City.

Damn man you got hit with that bug twice? That sucks.

Definitely gonna wait for a patch and not bother with another playthrough just yet. Especially since my deadly obsession cause is out the window

Well, my second (and now third) games are NG+ runs, so that MIGHT be why it happened twice (I got Dr. Croft early in my second playthru, after completing a couple collections, but am still out Completionist until a patch). Although this run I'm not even bothering with artifacts (and definitely not the tombs/crypts, with all their traps), as I've already 100%ed the game twice (I don't mind -- it is fun). But I've got a week and a half until the new Assassin's Creed game comes out, so I might as well power thru DO while everything is fresh in my mind still! My biggest concern going into DO was Cozumel (no basecamps) and the PoNR (with all its falling potential). The former I got thru no problem, so.... we'll see.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Deadly Obsession.

I just finished the game on Normal difficulty and have 100% in every area, but the full map shows 99%. The title screen says 99.24%. (Yes I picked up the knife from the murder investigation)

I have these as my Artifact completions:

Lara's Notebook - 90%

Conquerers - 87%

The Resistance - 77%

Myth, Magic & Monsters - 87%

Subjugating Paititi - 87%

Trinity - 90%

Cult of Kukulkan - 90%

I’m still not able to get the monolith treasure “take a deep breath... under the nose” in Kuwaq Yaku. I’m at 98% world map completion, really want to start Deadly Obsession.

Do they usually fix these bugs in TR games? If not, I’m moving on.

Edited by XxBlueSpade2xX

Yeah looks like mine is bugged as well. I have 100% in every area except "San Juan Mission".

I can't get the survival cache that is at the Monoliths clue. I have watched an online video showing where it is (underwater next to turtle shaped rocks) and there is no dig option there.

I guess I have to wait until this is patched. :(

2 artefact collections not completed also (Lara's Notebook & The Resistance)

Yeah looks like mine is bugged as well. I have 100% in every area except "San Juan Mission".

I can't get the survival cache that is at the Monoliths clue. I have watched an online video showing where it is (underwater next to turtle shaped rocks) and there is no dig option there.

I guess I have to wait until this is patched. :(

2 artefact collections not completed also (Lara's Notebook & The Resistance)

Those last two artifact collections were incomplete for me, too, until the final story mission, FYI. Not that it matters since you seem to have other glitches, but just a heads up that the final mission gives you a story-related artifact for each of those categories.

Those last two artifact collections were incomplete for me, too, until the final story mission, FYI. Not that it matters since you seem to have other glitches, but just a heads up that the final mission gives you a story-related artifact for each of those categories.

I have finished the game. They never showed up in my collection when they should have.

I didn't get "The Crimson Fire" for "Lara's Notebook" collection

or "Unuratu's amulet" for "The Resistance" collection.

Hopefully the next patch will fix them and the missing survival cache.