Money Exploit/Glitch utilising Gold Bar Duplication.

oO Bli7z Oo

Wow, thanks for the share, Bil7z! I'll give this a try today :)

Okay, so I spent 2 hours fooling around with this, getting various results. It's quite finicky and I can see a bunch of people stating in your comments that they couldn't get it to work.

It does work.

I'd just recommend using 3 saves instead of 2 :)

In theory, this will work on any Gold Bar/s, so you could do it at the end of the poison treasure trail where there are 4 Gold Bars! Having said that, there doesn't seem to be any need to have a massive amount of money in RDR2, I just wanted to confirm the glitch myself as it's not at all consistent when executed.

Edit: Lol. I just went back to your video, Bli7z, and saw his comments.

Edited by Dirty130

Not that you really need gold, but I think this is a fair payment for the bandana/masks not seeming to work :)

Had a little trouble getting it to work, and I never seemed to load as close to the cave as you did in your video.

I also used 3 saves (1 bfr everything, 1 just before I took gold, and 1 I saved on and exited game/return to story with) and turned off Auto Save. Stopped working for me around 21 bars (I could still see them in the statue, but I couldn't pick them up)

Don't think it was the problem, but I'm not sure If I kept my saves seperate (not sure if the save locations move to the top of the list on saving or not...

Does anyone know how the cost of death Works in this game? Is it a set cost or is it a %? (wondering if I should keep my wealth in gold bars...)

Edited by SpinelesS

I'm asking if it ruins the gameplay for the person doing the glitch. Just in case it detracts from key parts of the game later on? It's just a question mate .....

As with any games that use a currency, there are gameplay elements that expect you to want cash in order to be motivated, to be strapped for it at points, to make hard choices between upgrades, etc. Instantly having infinite money will obviously alter these experiences, but whether that's a good or bad thing is all personal preference.

Hi this worked for me 30 gold bars.My question is now do turn back on auto save and play as normal ? i did that them i checked had no gold bars.So on the save i made with 30 gold load this game and play story as normal see the gold bars IS it OK to turn back on auto save ? Thank you.

Yes. As soon as I hit 30 gold bars, I turned auto save back on and played as normal. Headed to the fence, sold them off, and moved on. I was shocked at how simple and effective this exploit was (get fucked, bounty costs :biglaugh).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...