General Discussion Thread

BiggD

Just killed the St Denis Vampire :p - Just a tip, once you find the location he only appears between Midnight and 1 AM.

I ate Ginseng and took a health cure and it's still there. Nothing is listed under Player > Arthur

well if it isn't listed in player>arthur>General under conditions then I don't have a clue why your getting that skull...

I also met a guy on his porch. Then him and his wife invited me in, served me dinner (which may have been human) and then knocked me out before stealing my money. Woke up in a pit of bodies, so I ran over to the house, shotgunned both and took my money back. (This was one of the homestead stashes....you need to let them knock you out to find out where the money is)

I was wondering why I only had 2 stash houses marked off for the achievement. I looked in a wardrobe on the way upstairs and decided to shoot first. Edited by SpinelesS

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me why I have a red skull that flashes over my health core? My core and meter are full, but I get this skull that pops up instead of the heart sometimes. No idea what it is and not seeing anything that's getting rid of it. Thought it could be a snake bite, but not seeing a remedy for that either.

Could be from being previously/currently underweight. Eat plenty for a few in-game days :)

I love the random stuff you can find in this game. From bizarre masks to unique events/locations.

Found a guy living in a tree calling himself the king, A woman and a bear who killed each other, and a house hit by a meteorite so far today...

Watch out for sucker punches...

You met the guy wandering around Rhodes looking for his friend Gavin? That’s Dan from Slo Mo guys. Obviously referencing Gavin from SloMo Guys and Achievement Hunter.

You met the guy wandering around Rhodes looking for his friend Gavin? That’s Dan from Slo Mo guys. Obviously referencing Gavin from SloMo Guys and Achievement Hunter.

Ooooh I had no idea what this was, I thought I was missing a quest because he wouldn't ask me to find his friend.

Haha I have seen that guy roaming around everywhere, even after completing the story he is still looking for Gavin. I thought his name was Nigel though, according to the letter he has on him if you kill him and loot his corpse.

Here is apparently what the letter says;

[spoiler=gavin]

Dear Nigel , I was happy to hear from you. I cannot believe it, mate! My two friends - you and Gavin , boys I grew up with, now real rich and successful cowboys in America! That's incredible news. Well done, mate. Seriously. Well done. I knew you and Gavin would find success over there. I mean , it stands to reason. A pair of boys from little old Maidenhead , Berkshire, now successful over in America. I might come and join you myself. Now that you two have done so well. Both of you rich and living in big mansions with servants, and all them cattle. I remember when the height of your ambition was pretending you were a Londoner and seeing if you fooled those Scotch boys we met by the barracks. Funny thing is , Gavin never mentioned none of this in his letter , but he always was a bit of a quiet one and I reckon you wrote after he did. Either way, I am made up for the pair of you. Made up Cowboys! Millionaires! We miss you , especially your Mum , since your Dad passed on , but she told me she was so proud of you. Even Gavins Ma was happy. She said her usual piece about not thinking you had it in you, but she smiled and said she knew her boy would see sense or make sense or something eventually. Berkshire forever. Your pal , Tom P.S : I saw that bloke Brian Gold the other day , in the market. He said some real odd things about you, which I said weren't true. Bet he's laughing on the other side of his face now.

Does anyone have any tips for the Legendary Channel Catfish? (Not the Legendary Bullhead Catfish)

Lure: Special Spinner

Bait: ??

Weather: Overcast?

Time of Day: ??

Wel, one thing i know for sure is to ONLY use the special lures. So NO bait! Helped me catch every legendary fish so far in 1 try...

Okay, so I did the 144 cards, the 30 dinosaur bones and 13 legendary fish.. Now I'm onto the exotics and they suck a little. Nothing like wading around in armpit deep, alligator infested waters looking for flowers and egrets :rolleyes:

I had a good look around for more information on the Legendary Channel Catfish but can't find anything that will really help. I read somewhere that a guy got both the Legendary Channel Catfish and the Veteran's legendary fish to appear in his compendium after doing the Veteran's fishing mission, so I guess I'll check that out sometime today and see what comes of it.

I tried fishing for him in the afternoon when it was overcast and then ridiculously fished in a storm that lasted more than 50 in-game hours and nothing bit except common fish. I tried a variety of lures, Special River, Special Swamp and Special Spinner.

Gonna head back to the Exotics this morning, do the Veteran's missions too and wait on more information about the Legendary Channel Catfish.

I think I played for about 5 or 6 hours earlier today & I managed to accomplish one optional camp mission and spent the rest just wandering the world & doing random stuff. Got in some unexpected & rather annoying trouble.

Thought I would give the sharpshooter challenge of shooting 5 birds from a moving train a go. So I just onto a train just outside Valentine, no bounty, I'm on an open air cargo car & nobody around. However not seeing any birds, so we're going by a thicket & I figure I'll shoot into the trees there & maybe stir up some birds. No birds, but I get a wanted notice and suddenly have people coming after me on the train. Jump off & bail and find out I've got a $60 bounty for disturbing the peace. Disturbing the fucking peace!! Nowhere near a town! Never have I wanted to go full darkside & just go old west psycho & really earn a bounty.

Also found out, much to my disappointment, that jumping off a cliff into water will still kill you. Found a real nice spot to take what I was hoping would be an epic jump off the cliff into the water below, but nope, Arthur just screamed like a baby on the way down & went died as soon as he hit the water.

Is there a way to make your horse follow a path Without using cinematic View? I Would really like to be able to look around and see my mini map still...

I haven’t really spent much time at camp. But with Pearson is the satchel the only thing you can upgrade apart from the cosmetics of the camp?

I believe so, but those cosmetics upgrades are supposed to increase the moral of the camp, for whatever that is worth...

Thought I would give the sharpshooter challenge of shooting 5 birds from a moving train a go.

I got a bounty for doing that as well. only got 4 birds the first time.

Second time I used my bandana and got the last bird, I was accused to train robbery that time...

Funny I was just reading about the encounters you've had with the crazy guy & woman who invite hungry travellers in. I just came across a stranger at a campsite & he told me a story about how he trusts his instincts & he turned down an invite into that house because of his instincts & then heard afterwards that house is bad news & warned me about it.

I haven’t really spent much time at camp. But with Pearson is the satchel the only thing you can upgrade apart from the cosmetics of the camp?

Yeah as far as I know. Once you finish the story you can buy all the satchels for cash from a fence, so its up to the individual player how to go about it. If you are just blasting through the story like I did then just buy them afterwards. If you are trying to explore and do as much as you can before finishing the story then the satchel upgrades are worth getting as soon as possible.

Anyone else wanted dead or alive in the Grizzlies? Specifically under the R where I have what I think is a ram or a goat on the map...

Went up there last night, nothing that I could find, tried on top of the hill round the south side. Doesn't even come up on screen about bounty, there might be a cave under the hill but I didn't check all round base of it, got distracted by an unstudied eagle and perfect ram.

Oh man completed bandit challenges last night, went from almost full to under half honour! Did the last 5 all in a row which I think made it worse.

I had a good look around for more information on the Legendary Channel Catfish

Look what I got!! (Just need to snag the Pike now)

iYyMDVa.png

Is there a way to make your horse follow a path Without using cinematic View? I Would really like to be able to look around and see my mini map still...

I don't think so unfortunately :o

Okay, so I got the second Exotics List done, it was a bit of a bitch having to get 20 Heron Plumes as I basically had to go back to gator territory to get them. I should be able to knock out the third list pretty quickly due to having the 25 gator eggs but the fourth list is gonna suck because of the 30 Spoonbill Plumes requirement. Hopefully I can catch the occasional flock flying over me and grab 5-10 in one fell swoop similar to the Herons.

I got the ones on the far right just 20 hours ago :)

Seems like a few people have 2 Acuna's and are unable to find any. Kinda worried I'm suffering from a glitch...

I hope the it's just the theory that you can't complete an exotic request before you get it, and that they will start spawning once I have the quest to get 3 Acuna's...

Funny I was just reading about the encounters you've had with the crazy guy & woman who invite hungry travellers in. I just came across a stranger at a campsite & he told me a story about how he trusts his instincts & he turned down an invite into that house because of his instincts & then heard afterwards that house is bad news & warned me about it.

That guys great, I have met him twice now. What you do is you respond positively to everything he has to say and when he leaves you cut down the carcass's he has hanging and skin them for perfect pelts :p

Edited by SpinelesS

Anyone else having problems with Acuna's Star Orchids? I have 2 in my inventory, but I'm unable to find any at the locations marked on the map that are supposed to have them... (using powerpix map)

Yes I'm in the exact same boat, I have 2 picked from when I went into swamp originally, now I cannot get any to spawn.

Seems like a few people have 2 Acuna's and are unable to find any. Kinda worried I'm suffering from a glitch...

I hope the it's just the theory that you can't complete an exotic request before you get it, and that they will start spawning once I have the quest to get 3 Acuna's...

Yes I'm in the exact same boat, I have 2 picked from when I went into swamp originally, now I cannot get any to spawn.

To my best understanding, the orchids are there all along. They don't actually spawn when you accept the quest. Also, I don't think the orchids respawn once they've been picked. I finished the Exotics quest-line this afternoon and there was only 1 orchid I couldn't find (A Dragon Mouth), so I moved onto the next one. Not sure what's up with your Acuna Orchids.