Early thoughts

puressenceuk

Been playing for a couple of hours. The usual destructive sandbox fun, which no game recently does like the Just Cause series, but it certainly feels like evolution rather than revolution in terms of gameplay.

Is it fun to play - Yes, however a few early impression niggles like awful pop in and some ropey textures (I'm playing in 4K on XB1X) and I certainly do not appreciate pop in to this level on what should be a cutting edge console.

Also the guns seem a bit underpowered at the minute, and you're frequently running out of ammo every 30 seconds, maybe this will improve with upgrades.

for the wingsuite challenges 2 important things.....chancing between parasuite and wingsuite is allowed and gives you the often neccesary speed boost. also you can decide from whice side you start with. cheevos popped for me today....3 days after completing them. and the controlls within the car missions, the jet missions and the bike missions for me are so bad that in my opinion its not a game, its a pain in the ass. no fun anymore here...

It's a glitchy buggy mess but I'm really enjoying it.

I've not had achievements pop, falling through floor many times, I have to restart the game every hour or so, to kick start the feats counting.

Challenges I've been really enjoying, figuring out how to get cars/bikes through the rings using tethers.

The wingsuit ones are trial and error mostly it's about speed into the first one.

The speed stunts are ok you can use a heli for most of them.

Enjoying the front lines aspect never really had any issues with running out of squads, just by careful invasions making sure I earn squads rather than spend them.

It's crashing a lot, just freezing up when too many explosions are happening at once. The missions you have to do in each sector to be able to take them over are overly arduous as well, with too many timed ones - and too many switches to flip. It's getting very samey.

I'm at the point just past where you get the lightning boat and do that main mission and I still haven't unlocked a supply drop for a helicopter with any weapons on. Think once you'll be able to get a missile chopper on demand things will get a bit more fun.

Imo extremely annoying. Walking around for 10 to 15 minutes and searching for a generator to destroy with no clue how it looks like and how to deal with it...sometimes game mechanics dont work...missions are mostly similar. I think they fu•••• it up. I love this franchise...i loved mad max but did all the people out there play a different game???