Character Import: What Carries Over and What Achievements Unlock

Guest Scotty
I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I don't see anything here and figured I'd ask. Does the Crawmerax achievement unlock retroactively, or do you have to beat him again? My worry is the invincibility corner glitch you could use in the OG version looks like it's been nerfed, based on videos I'm seeing.

No it doesn't unlock retroactively, but you can use the glitch again, i used it, it is however more difficult to use, it seems to not work all of the time.

No it doesn't unlock retroactively, but you can use the glitch again, i used it, it is however more difficult to use, it seems to not work all of the time.

Years ago, I regularly used the corner glitch to kill Crawmerax over and over, although it's a PT easier in co-op. But solo, in the GOTY game, the worms are all over me before I can get to it. I had read where it's been made tougher...like that needed to be done...but it's kind of silly to make it more difficult. To me anyway.

Guest Scotty
Years ago, I regularly used the corner glitch to kill Crawmerax over and over, although it's a PT easier in co-op. But solo, in the GOTY game, the worms are all over me before I can get to it. I had read where it's been made tougher...like that needed to be done...but it's kind of silly to make it more difficult. To me anyway.

Yeah that's a fight that does not need to be made more difficult. You get 2 shot no matter how strong you are. Not sure how/why they made the glitch harder instead of just fixing it, which makes me think they perhaps didn't try to fix it and maybe the game being upscaled has something to do with it being harder, maybe the invisible walls there are less than on the older version of the game? Not sure, but i managed to get it to work somehow.

Yeah that's a fight that does not need to be made more difficult. You get 2 shot no matter how strong you are. Not sure how/why they made the glitch harder instead of just fixing it, which makes me think they perhaps didn't try to fix it and maybe the game being upscaled has something to do with it being harder, maybe the invisible walls there are less than on the older version of the game? Not sure, but i managed to get it to work somehow.

It's good to know that it's still useable. Right blow, I'm a level 58...I just got it today but I'm running out of missions to do and the ones I have, I my weapons and shields are powerful enough to keep me safe. I'm still finding crap that's way below my level.

I'm thinking about making another account to be a go between for my new guy and my old guy, which is a 61. I can't play them together...I don't think but with a fake player, my 61 could drop items that my 58 could use. It's a little trouble but I think it'd be worth it. This is what I have to do, since the friends I have, no ones playing it. And I'm not comfortable playing with strangers. My friends know I suck at games...strangers don't and I don't want to hear their BS. Plus, I only have one controller.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, I've got some new information.

First, updates/additions to your fast travel section:

Achievements That Will Unlock After Fast Traveling

Skag Gully

• Discovered Skag Gully - Discovered Skag Gully

Sledge's Safe House

• Discovered Sledge's Safe House - Discovered Sledge's Safe House

Headstone Mine

• Discovered Headstone Mine - Discovered Headstone Mine

Trash Coast

• Discovered Trash Coast - Discovered Trash Coast

Crazy Earl's Scrapyard

• Discovered The Scrapyard - Discovered The Scrapyard

Krom's Canyon

• Discovered Krom's Canyon - Discovered Krom's Canyon

Crimson Enclave

• Discovered Crimson Lance Enclave - Discovered Crimson Lance Enclave

Eridian Promontory

• Discovered Eridian Promontory - Discovered Eridian Promontory

Jakobs Cove

• House of the Ned - Complete the "House of the Ned" mission
  • Jakobs Fodder - Complete the "Jakobs Fodder" mission
  • Braaaaaaaaaaaaains! - Complete the "Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!" mission
  • Night of the Living Ned - Kill Ned...sort of
  • Ned's Undead, Baby, Ned's Undead - Kill Ned. Again.

I didn't pop the Zombie Island achievements just by fast travelling, I had to travel to Jakobs Cove specifically for them to pop. I would guess that it's not actually necessary to fast travel in playthrough 1, I imagine travelling to that location in either playthrough would do the trick.

Second, I also unlocked

• Ding! Overleveled - Reach Level 51
  • Ding! Overleveled to 11 - Reach Level 61

by joining another game via Xbox Live. I was already level 69 so I couldn't level up again to trigger it that way, but I joined a game to duplicate my weapons and it triggered as soon as I accepted; the game didn't even start. It did not pop when I hosted an Xbox Live game however.

Edited by dakisbac