Currently broken and has unobtainables

All,

I love the game. Unfortunately, it has some serious issues that you may or may not have experienced.

Just to list;-

-Game crashes and turns off the console. Supposedly this has something to do with the game overloading the system.

-Game crashes in general in quick play, career and online

-Game crashes on the podium screen post-rally. This then puts you back into the 4th race of the rally meaning you are stuck in a never-ending cycle without progressing. I have this issue and it is bricked entirely.

-Game crashes when loading the emails within career

-30FPS is noticeable and sometimes horrible. This is more noticeable on XB1S.

-Puddle pull is inconsistent and annoying.

Glitched Achievements:-

Race Master - Can be unlocked via trick posted by three15 taken from PST

Perfectionist - BROKEN but can be unlocked

Hero - Still issues unlocking it within career

WRC Champion - FIXED

Edited by Hawkings

Yes, it’s a mess. Also WRC World Champion doesn’t unlock. It’s almost impossible to get 15 objectives in a season and the Winning all rallies also doesn’t unlock, however it’s possible this includes the historic events. Haven’t tried ‘Win on Authentic’ as it’s currently on 0%.

As stated, the game crashes and at one point I thought it had bricked my OneX. It turned off and would not get past the boot splash without turning off. Luckily a 30 minute unplug fixed it.

Control sensitivity is ridiculous and without using my elite to soften it, it would be undrivable.

Yes, it’s a mess. Also WRC World Champion doesn’t unlock. It’s almost impossible to get 15 objectives in a season and the Winning all rallies also doesn’t unlock, however it’s possible this includes the historic events. Haven’t tried ‘Win on Authentic’ as it’s currently on 0%.

As stated, the game crashes and at one point I thought it had bricked my OneX. It turned off and would not get past the boot splash without turning off. Luckily a 30 minute unplug fixed it.

Control sensitivity is ridiculous and without using my elite to soften it, it would be undrivable.

Yep can confirm my mate didn’t unlock WRC Champion when he should of and also Hero he didn’t get. Perfectionist is entirely broken because challenges fail randomly.

My pal also did an SSS track on Authentic without it unlocking so that’s broken. It’s a complete disgrace.

HOWEVER, i did finally get a response on twitter which they said that the crashing issues and achievements were being looked into by the development team. This was yesterday after the first patch for X1

Is this game much harder then WRC 6 and WRC 7? Not sure I like unlocking stuff like achievement or enjoy the career mode.

Weirdly, I only booted WRC 7 today and the handling is terrible. I can do it but the game play isn’t better than 8.

8 is decent but is plagued with issues. I’d say it’s easier than 7

I'm using an elite controller.

Just a heads up. It seems like they’ve now glitched the Distance travelled Achievement. It no longer tracks and even in stats it hasn’t gone up since the update.

I’ve long suspected this dev/publisher of doing these things on purpose in order to slow down trade ins. They know people like to 100% before trading, so deliberately make glitched achievements to stop people selling the game.

I say this, because both WRC6 and WRC7 both also had glitched achievements, and in some case, exactly the same ones. WRC Champion springs to mind.

I'm using an elite controller.

Just a heads up. It seems like they’ve now glitched the Distance travelled Achievement. It no longer tracks and even in stats it hasn’t gone up since the update.

I’ve long suspected this dev/publisher of doing these things on purpose in order to slow down trade ins. They know people like to 100% before trading, so deliberately make glitched achievements to stop people selling the game.

I say this, because both WRC6 and WRC7 both also had glitched achievements, and in some case, exactly the same ones. WRC Champion springs to mind.

Oh wow Last game I buy from Kylotonn

Edited by Hawkings

I just unlocked WRC Champion. I followed the advice from someone else, I did it in Season and I won all rallies up to and including Turkey, I then quit the last 3 and got the achievement.

I suspect one of the last races glitches it. I noticed in career, when I got to the last but one race, all objectives were gone and it said ‘only in WRC’.

The mileage tracking started working again for me. I’m close to 2000km so we’ll see if it unlocks.

Other than that, 15 objectives in a season is now on 0.01% so someone has unlocked it. As for winning all rallies in career. I can only assume it includes Historic ones too.

Race master is now on 0.01% so possibly fixed. I’m suspecting it might be ‘win a rally’ as opposed to ‘win a stage’. I did some experimenting and won a stage a few times on Authentic in Quick play and it didn’t unlock. I also won a stage a few times in Season and it also didn’t unlock. *Edit* Just did it a few times in career too, still not unlocked. My thoughts are now that either the 0.01% is an anomaly and it’s still glitched, or it has to be done on a full stage, not a S.S.S stage, or the description is wrong and you have to win the entire rally.

The latest update has completely broken the game though. They’ve destroyed the weather system. It’s rains when it says it’s dry and vice-versa. Sometimes you can restart the race and the weather will go from thunderstorms to bright sunshine.

It also now crashes the Xbox A LOT, mines crashed 3 times today so I’m going nowhere near this mess again.

Edited by three15
New info

How long iss WRC 6 career mode and WRC 7 career mode? Did I choose wrong car and always getting last place in every rally events.Maybe not readyWRC 8 yet.

I don’t know what to tell you. For me it’s a very easy game and has been since WRC5. I’d win a rally by 4-5 minutes on easy and I don’t think I’m that good at it. Are you sure you’ve got the difficulty low?.

Other than that, it’s better to drive slow than to keep crashing and getting 9 second penalties.

Edited by three15

Race master is now on 0.01% so possibly fixed. I’m suspecting it might be ‘win a rally’ as opposed to ‘win a stage’. I did some experimenting and won a stage a few times on Authentic in Quick play and it didn’t unlock. I also won a stage a few times in Season and it also didn’t unlock. *Edit* Just did it a few times in career too, still not unlocked. My thoughts are now that either the 0.01% is an anomaly and it’s still glitched, or it has to be done on a full stage, not a S.S.S stage, or the description is wrong and you have to win the entire rally.

The latest update has completely broken the game though. They’ve destroyed the weather system. It’s rains when it says it’s dry and vice-versa. Sometimes you can restart the race and the weather will go from thunderstorms to bright sunshine.

It also now crashes the Xbox A LOT, mines crashed 3 times today so I’m going nowhere near this mess again.

That’s crazy if it’s a full Rally. You have to be close to perfect on each stage lol. I hope it’s not this and it’s a tester or something.

Haha, mine couldn’t crash more than it did before the update so this would be pretty much unbearable. As I said, it’s the last game I buy from them.

Thanks for the advice and not sure the best car to use in career mode in WRC 6 and WRC 7.I dont see an very easy mode and race track map.

I have not played 6 but in 7 you have to set the difficulty in the main menu and then again in the options before starting a rally when you are in the car garage place. You can’t switch during a rally or in the menus when starting the next stage

Someone’s posted a way to do ‘Race master’ over on PSTrophies but it doesn’t work for me. Suspect it’s because I’ve already beaten the AI on Authentic so the game thinks I already have the achievement. Knowing this dev, I don’t expect it’ll ever get fixed and if it does, it’ll be several months.

*edit* follow the Guide exactly as described and it will work. Didn’t work in split screen.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/wrc-8-a/339935-race-master-trophy-guide.html

Edited by three15

Someone’s posted a way to do ‘Race master’ over on PSTrophies but it doesn’t work for me. Suspect it’s because I’ve already beaten the AI on Authentic so the game thinks I already have the achievement. Knowing this dev, I don’t expect it’ll ever get fixed and if it does, it’ll be several months.

*edit* follow the Guide exactly as described and it will work. Didn’t work in split screen.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/wrc-8-a/339935-race-master-trophy-guide.html

Thanks for this, will try it some time over the weekend

Any ideas on how to get Perfectionist? I see someone has unlocked but again, not sure how as objectives randomly fail etc

My old save is still broken. Just freezes at the end of the rally. Started a new career and is ok so far, no freezing or hard crashes. Even the objectives arent failing randomly as much.

I remember the comment above where three said he did it in season rather than career but I don’t mind testing ensuring I quit out the final 2/3 rallies to see if WRC Champion unlocks. Hero is probably a lost cause and obtainable only in season.

• 3 weeks later...