achievement questions

cornholioo

as still no guide (no I'm not shocked :D) I need some help with few achievo's, first maybe the most silly one to ask...make a new ally, I thought to add a person from a game you play with, but no achievement popped. How to unlock this achievo?

Then 2nd... I played as jack in horde to bring the guns to the forge, but I'm keepin stuck at 94%, I'm 100% sure I did all weapons from the enemies multiple times to the forge, can it be I need to ask JD after his lancer xl???

Then another one, in horde we need all 5 to use oure special ability on a boss wave, this can be done on the first 10th wave?? or only on the 50th wave? As I asked people to push it, no achievo popped, even they all said they pushed Y button :think:And this happened last week, not in the first glitchy weeks.

Talking of this last one, I didn't replay the story as it was glitched as *****, now after 5 weeks I wanna try again, can people confirm it's no longer glitched? Cheers xxBlackscarsxx

as still no guide (no I'm not shocked :D)...

You're more than welcome to write or contribute a guide yourself. Waiting for someone else to do the work for you and then stating that said work hasn't been done yet really isn't cool. Guide writing is an intensive process that takes many many hours. You should be thankful that a handful of people from the community even write guides.

.<snipped>.

Please no links to TA.

In an attempt to be helpful, even after trashing the site and those who make guides that we all enjoy...

first maybe the most silly one to ask...make a new ally, I thought to add a person from a game you play with, but no achievement popped. How to unlock this achievo?

You have to complete a certain amount of things (horde waves = 3 points; campaign chapters or escape chapters or vs rounds won = 10) with someone on your friends list to make them an ally (125 points required).

Then 2nd... I played as jack in horde to bring the guns to the forge, but I'm keepin stuck at 94%, I'm 100% sure I did all weapons from the enemies multiple times to the forge, can it be I need to ask JD after his lancer xl???

Yes, the Lancer GL is required.

Then another one, in horde we need all 5 to use oure special ability on a boss wave, this can be done on the first 10th wave?? or only on the 50th wave? As I asked people to push it, no achievo popped, even they all said they pushed Y button :think:And this happened last week, not in the first glitchy weeks.

Not 100% on this but I will find out in a session later today. Will update/edit as I do it.

The special ability one can be done on any boss wave, including wave 10. As I recall, the abilities must be active as the boss dies. Further more. JD's ability doesn't work like the others. He must first mark a target and then hit "Y" to call down the strike. If he is present in the game, then ideally he would land the final blow to a boss when the other player's specials are active.

Also, the campaign cheevo progress should be working fine at this point.

Okay many thanks for the help guys.

Btw I find it bit over reacting reading I'm trashing the site. If it's that's sensitive then I'm sorry :p I can not lie about it that's it's going very silence on this site for some years, I miss the good old days of xbox 360 when they were fighting to be first on a guide. I do understand it's all crazy with these idiot new achievement lists, just like this one 68 achievo's for only 1000 points. Sadly my English is too basic and i'm not that good enough as a player for a guide. I got a muscle disease since few years so i can not even go for the 100% anymore as I can't be stressed or I'm shaking. I just like to find some juicy details on certain achievements.

As I stated before I understand the work on it all, but would be awesome for those who know certain info, then they wright it on that certain achievement, then some cool guy can smash it all together in a fancy list :D Peace guys and thanks again for finally seeing some info on this game :)

Sorry if my message seemed a little harsh. That was not my intention. It is no secret that the XBA forum community has been dwindling. Every guide is written and submitted by the community, members like you, but if they’re not writing them, there’s nothing we can really do about it. I estimate that guide writing has fallen off 40-50% in the past few years, so it’s a sore subject when someone asks why a guide hasn’t been written. We’re doing our best, but with only a few writers from staff and very few from the community, plus with the amount of games released, we can only do so much. Plus, depending on the game, it takes many hours to write a guide, as well as doing the research, proofreading, on top of playing the game. It’s not a process that everyone has patience for. It’s much easier to Google walkthrough videos.

And the reason we don’t allow links to TA is because they’re our direct competition. Think of it as putting Coke vending machines in Pepsi headquarters. We understand that TA might have information we don’t, but we ask that links to that information aren’t shared on XBA.

I miss the good old days of xbox 360 when they were fighting to be first on a guide. I do understand it's all crazy with these idiot new achievement lists, just like this one 68 achievo's for only 1000 points.

Achievements have gotten downhill since the "good old days". Back then getting that extra 250 GS was a privilege, not a given for a game. 1000/1000 meant something. Then they push it to 1500, 1750 and finally 2000, but at least 2000 was the absolute max. Now they can push this ridiculous level to whatever they want. Gears 4 was a cluster fuck of a joke in term of achievements, so time consuming and annoying.

I looked at 5 and honestly i think i won't have the patience to do all of them this time around. The 1000 base list is annoying as hell (horde being the biggest offender as well as allies) but who knows what shit they gonna come up with. Will they push it to 5000 this time just cause 5?

And thats not to mention all these little indy games that gives 1000 left and right. Achievements are unbalanced. Retail games push too hard, indy games give too much...

Obviously like any novelty im sure achievements interest would had lower over the time no matter what, but the way they are handle now really push it.

I seen a guy in my list do 30 000GS in a month... just cause he bough and played a ton of indy games. At that point it kinda kill the fun of increasing the score i think.

As for Gears 5 itself, lots of the achievements are currently locked being a time wall and others are extremely time consuming, so i understand nobody wanted to do a guide.

And the reason we don’t allow links to TA is because they’re our direct competition. Think of it as putting Coke vending machines in Pepsi headquarters. We understand that TA might have information we don’t, but we ask that links to that information aren’t shared on XBA.

As for TA they have a different system, wich without any ill intention toward Xboxachievements, is objectively better. Anybody can submit a guide for a specific achievement, that way it makes it much easier for peoples to contribute rather than making a full complete guide detailing EVERY achievements and with a huge presentation. When peoples search for a specific achievement, they can see how many guide there is for that specific one and look them up.

I always loved xboxachievements and registered much before TA, but again objectively i think they evolved more than here. Xboxachievements stayed very close to the old concept, even if things changed and evolved. The fact that the gamercard never were updated on the site past a certain point (i am now double the score i show when i make a comment) is another indicator. I may be wrong on that one but i think lots of the stuff that was once very popular here like the clubs etc is either not popular anymore or simply not updated anymore.

You can do the exact same thing here, Destro. You can comment on each achievement the same way you can comment on them on TA. There's no difference.

Yeah TA has evolved but let's not talk about it on the competitor's site, shall we? XBA is due for a site update. It's widely known. It's coming. There's nothing more I can say about it.

Closing this thread now because the questions have been answered.