Best underrated games?

Mintz

• 2 months later...

I still think Alpha Protocol is one of the best games I have played. Media hated it, run & gunners hated it but if you like stealth, espionage and hacking/puzzles, its a great game. Main character voice acting is very lame but there are one or two of the voice actors that are simply outstanding. Plus 7 different endings depending on dialog choices similar to Mass Effect.

• 2 weeks later...
Thimbleweed park doesn't get enough love or attention; great retro point'n'click.

When it came out it did get some love didn't it? Still could and should be more. Great game for sure. The clown being a personal favorite of mine. :)

Underrated as a term is always a bit strange to me. Seeing as games can be great to someone and awful to someone else.

Some games that I think went a bit under the radar and I thought were fun are Singularity and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow both for the 360. :)

The Flame in the Flood is a really good survival type game

Wow this is one I never hear being talked about. It's a fun enough game with rather simple survival gameplay, but what kept me playing until the end was the music. Holy shit, man, so good. All custom made country/twangy soundtrack that plays throughout the entire game (with vocals). It was incredible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest EvolvedMonkey97

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. Great RPG, and a glimpse of Larian before they hit it big with Original Sin I & II and Baldur's Gate III. Has a nice old school feel (no waypoints, etc.) if you're into that sort of thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...