Actually the battle for 3rd place was secretly the battle for 2nd because we're getting disqualified.

David set his stuff to private two weeks ago and refused all contact so the staff was really only left with the option to DQ us.

I took a gamble taking him as a wildcard and gambles don't always pay off.

Honestly I just hope he's OK, wherever he is.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello XBA!

All I have to say is WOW! What a performance from our winning team and the other teams who were in the hunt! We’re extremely impressed with how many achievements have been unlocked! Collectively you all have unlocked over 950,000 GS!! I’d like to congratulate the following teams for finishing in the top three this year:

1st - Beauty and the Beast

2nd - Mr Jimboto and Clownroy

3rd - Achievoholics Anonymous

You guys did an an amazing job! Well done.

Unfortunately We were unable to allow Pillar of Fire to place due to a violation of our rules. We’ve discussed this with them and explained why we came to our decision.

We’ll be shutting down this thread and creating a feedback thread soon. Awards and the drawing will be held soon!

Again congratulations to our top three teams and thank you to all who participated!

Actually the battle for 3rd place was secretly the battle for 2nd because we're getting disqualified.

David set his stuff to private two weeks ago and refused all contact so the staff was really only left with the option to DQ us.

Sorry to hear. I wasn't really sure what to make of him when he posted in the LFG thread for GSL. Like, he wasn't a forum regular (nor did he ever participate in GSL in the past as far as I know) so I wasn't sure if he was serious about what his goals for GSL was, or if his claims about his backlog and all the Xbox devices he had were true. But when I saw his scores in the first 2 weeks I figured you guys had it in the bag and it was just a race for 2nd and 3rd after that (this was before team Beauty and the Beast went all SSJ mode on this competition haha). Really odd that he would change his settings halfway through GSL, and now I'm wondering if there may be any foul play involved with his earnings this GSL. I'm sure staff may have felt the same way so I understand their decision, but its still unfortunate that you had to deal with those consequences even if you were following the rules yourself. Guess that's always a risk you take when you team up with a (relatively) unknown member...

That's very unfortunate, I'm so sorry Hoebagger :(

Will he at least be eligible for the team MVP award?

Hoebagger has been extremely pleasant during this whole ordeal. He’ll still be eligible for any earned awards and the drawing as well.

We’ll be looking into ways to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Hoebagger has been extremely pleasant during this whole ordeal. He’ll still be eligible for any earned awards and the drawing as well.

We’ll be looking into ways to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

I was asking because Hoebagger placed second on the team, I wasn't sure if he would be given the MVP award in place of his teammate, or if they were both just disqualified as is. Not sure if that made more sense :o

Congrats to the top three!

Puppys, you're a beast. Congrats on the record and the win. Now please excuse yourself from future competitions so the rest of us have a chance :p

Hoebagger, that's a shame about the DQ, especially after all that work. Ironically, if we had teamed up and scored exactly the same as we did, we still would've placed.

Can we all take a moment to congratulate Dirty on going from first to worst? He was overall MVP for last year's GSL, and in last place for this one. Nice work!

Congrats to the top three!

Puppys, you're a beast. Congrats on the record and the win. Now please excuse yourself from future competitions so the rest of us have a chance :p

Hoebagger, that's a shame about the DQ, especially after all that work. Ironically, if we had teamed up and scored exactly the same as we did, we still would've placed.

Can we all take a moment to congratulate Dirty on going from first to worst? He was overall MVP for last year's GSL, and in last place for this one. Nice work!

Umm. I think Dirty did a great job!

*cowers in the corner, searching the sky for the Hoff*

Congrats to the top! Glad I was able to take part this year, even though I barely contributed (sorry Necro). I really thought I was going to be able to put a lot more effort into scoring than I actually did. This shelter in place order really screwed up what "free time" I usually have. It left me with a lot more free time with my fiance, which is great. Just not great for scoring points.

Anyways, here's to next time!

Congrats to the top! Those scores are insane!

I would also like to place a shout out to Lyrch for carrying us the way he did. Being in NY with the pandemic thing going on, I got hit pretty hard in the way of having to now teach myself college courses, and homeschooling the little one.

I hope everyone is doing well~ And I can't wait for next year :D

Congrats to the top! Glad I was able to take part this year, even though I barely contributed (sorry Necro). I really thought I was going to be able to put a lot more effort into scoring than I actually did. This shelter in place order really screwed up what "free time" I usually have. It left me with a lot more free time with my fiance, which is great. Just not great for scoring points.

I think we all felt the unexpected impact.

Day 1 was awesome. "Oh man I get to stay home now!? This is great!"

But then Day 2 happens and it's "Oh man, everyone else is also staying home!?"

I think we all felt the unexpected impact.

Day 1 was awesome. "Oh man I get to stay home now!? This is great!"

But then Day 2 happens and it's "Oh man, everyone else is also staying home!?"

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you two. All of my free time has turned into wife-and-kid time. So this staying at home thing definitely reduced my gaming time significantly. That makes me extra glad I didn't intend to be competitive.

So no need to apologize, StolenPaper. We did exactly as we set out: not to be competitive and to just game and rack up some gamerscore. I'm happy with our performance, and I enjoyed the vast majority of the games I played this month, which I think is way more than some people can say ;)

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you two. All of my free time has turned into wife-and-kid time. So this staying at home thing definitely reduced my gaming time significantly. That makes me extra glad I didn't intend to be competitive.

So no need to apologize, StolenPaper. We did exactly as we set out: not to be competitive and to just game and rack up some gamerscore. I'm happy with our performance, and I enjoyed the vast majority of the games I played this month, which I think is way more than some people can say ;)

In the words of the great Tiger XBA: "F"

Umm. I think Dirty did a great job!

What can I say, MMOs are a powerful drug!

-Nah, I had no interest in scoring this year, I wouldn't have signed up but I was asked to be part of a team with no scoring obligations so here I am.

Big congrats to Puppys and Ruffus, absolutely smashed it out of the park and a special congrats to Pups on taking MVP!

Great work from Ruffus and Spanish Assault organising and running the tournament!

We'll draw the 4 bonus game prizes shortly.

Thank you all for participating! :D

That sucks so much...:( On the bright side, I'm assuming you at least cleared a bunch of backlog.

In the words of the great Tiger XBA: "F"

:D

Pfft.

The last thing Tiger is, is great. :p

giphy.gif