GSL 2020 Recap and Feedback Thread

Carmona

oie-Rp-U83fyb7iv-L.png

Another GSL in the books and GSL 2020 turned out to be a success! We'd like to congratulate Beauty and the Beast, Mr Jimboto & Clownroy and Achievoholics Anonymous for placing first, second, and third respectively. You guys and gals did an amazing job unlocking so many achievements! We also like to congratulate our GSL Overall MVP Puppys for scoring a mind blowing 132,000 :1gs:!! I'm pretty sure I'll never score that for the rest of my gaming career!

The community events team had a lot of fun putting this one together and we appreciate all of you who participated! We look forward to seeing all of you for the next tournament!

Those of you who qualified for awards and community events awards should see them the next time awards are handed out!

As always, we’d like to hear your opinions about how GSL went. Feel free to comment below. :)

Edited by Carmona

From a participant pool of those who scored 5,000:1gs: or more as an individual, the following lucky XBA members have won a game of their choice!*

We'll be in contact shortly!

*Please take note that game-prizes will be of a physical copy and the base edition of the game released in 2019 or 2020, thus far.

Thank you!

Hi Spanish!

As requested, here is proof that I scored 132,000:1gs:. It is really frustrating dealing with Xbox Live's way of handing achievements because the syncing issue messed up my 400k screenshot as well.

[spoiler=xblisstupidddd]

qHUu597.jpg

eEh3HXw.jpg

Thanks for running the event! I remember suggesting that GSL be run during a single month and I'm glad you guys took my advice (or decided to do so). It is really cool looking at my monthly achievement stats and knowing what I could accomplish when I set my mind to it. 132,000 is not a record by any means (Redmption has beaten this monthly score, twice) but it is cool knowing I will have the GSL individual record for at least one year. I am also doing a GSL write up, I will post it to my blog and link it here when done. My overall opinion is I had fun gunning for the win and fighting an uphill battle almost the entire time, but feel terrible for Hoebagger and his effort to maintain first. I hope it gets recognized in the Recap.

My only feedback is please, please, please start keeping stats! maybe screenshot the team scores, and individual scores, so that it is at least immortalized in this thread. I am really saddened that I can't look back on previous years and all their scores because we use the same tracker link for every event. If you need an Excel master (well, self-proclaimed), just give me a shout.

Hi Spanish!

As requested, here is proof that I scored 132,000:1gs:. It is really frustrating dealing with Xbox Live's way of handing achievements because the syncing issue messed up my 400k screenshot as well.

[spoiler=xblisstupidddd]

qHUu597.jpg

eEh3HXw.jpg

Thanks for running the event! I remember suggesting that GSL be run during a single month and I'm glad you guys took my advice (or decided to do so). It is really cool looking at my monthly achievement stats and knowing what I could accomplish when I set my mind to it. 132,000 is not a record by any means (Redmption has beaten this monthly score, twice) but it is cool knowing I will have the GSL individual record for at least one year. I am also doing a GSL write up, I will post it to my blog and link it here when done. My overall opinion is I had fun gunning for the win and fighting an uphill battle almost the entire time, but feel terrible for Hoebagger and his effort to maintain first. I hope it gets recognized in the Recap.

My only feedback is please, please, please start keeping stats! maybe screenshot the team scores, and individual scores, so that it is at least immortalized in this thread. I am really saddened that I can't look back on previous years and all their scores because we use the same tracker link for every event. If you need an Excel master (well, self-proclaimed), just give me a shout.

Thanks puppys. I was thinking about having a GSL hall of fame or something like that. I’ll keep you all posted!

I'd just like to echo Puppys' request in that I too have looked back to see scores in previous GSLs a year or two ago and was also disappointed that it wasn't possible to see everyone's scores from previous years. If you guys could "save" the scores somehow, that'd be great.

I'd just like to echo Puppys' request in that I too have looked back to see scores in previous GSLs a year or two ago and was also disappointed that it wasn't possible to see everyone's scores from previous years. If you guys could "save" the scores somehow, that'd be great.

Looks like we have a volunteer!!

Hell, I'll do it if needed lol just a shame we cannot get previous years' scores. I mean we probably could but that would be hella time consuming....

I finished my GSL write up and posted it to my blog [here]. I hope others do a write up as well, would love to read everyone's experiences!

From a participant pool of those who scored 5,000:1gs: or more as an individual, the following lucky XBA members have won a game of their choice!*

We'll be in contact shortly!

*Please take note that game-prizes will be of a physical copy and the base edition of the game released in 2019 or 2020, thus far.

Thank you!

Nice! Thanks man. Did you receive my message just to check?

Hell, I'll do it if needed lol just a shame we cannot get previous years' scores. I mean we probably could but that would be hella time consuming....

I finished my GSL write up and posted it to my blog [here]. I hope others do a write up as well, would love to read everyone's experiences!

You put a lot of effort in that blog post. I’m impressed!!

I've received all of the game-prize winners' details, so we'll get those games out to you ASAP, though please allow 2-6 weeks for delivery, thanks! :)

I didn’t see my name on the list so I’m assuming its a typo on your part. I’ll be expecting a copy of Unicorn Princess in the mail soon.

Hehe. I’ve seen you request that. So has Sasquatch!

*Sasquach

On topic, I thought the duos idea was a good one. A nice change of pace, and I think it enables more people to be competitive than with teams of four. It's much easier to find one other serious person than three, and a lot less likely that your one partner won't ghost you (sorry Hoebagger), instead of hoping all three stick it out. I think duo tournaments should come up more often.

Well, I've slept for two weeks or so, and when I realize the competition is over. For me, overall was cool but compete with guys like Puppy and JewishHulk was insane, at begging the gap wasn't too big, but in end... And with this competition I've learned that there are two games when I finish I won't come back:

Metal Slug X (I hate those mummies)

Hello Neighbor (I've already spent 6 hours and no cheevos yet)

Well, at least you were furloughed and not laid off. Everyone I know around me has been laid off except for my wife. Hopefully stays that way lol.

Yeah, that sucks to be fair, about the best we can hope for is that we all come out the other side of this.

I see you playing Halo Wars. Looking for a coop partner?

Sounds good to me, think theres only the one coop achievement tbf lol