Hellblade: What Did you think about it? (Light spoilers?)

As the title of the thread says, I'm interested

in what people thought of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

I thought the combat admittedly simple. Maybe there was more that could be done but I didn't see it probably.

In terms of the story, I thought it was actually good for what it was trying to tell. The representation of mental health was what most intrigued me. I kept wondering whether Senua was actually fighting actual Vikings or not even though it's more possibly all in her head. I believe they did cover certain topics like how sometimes those who are meant to be close and supportive of you can be the most cruel as seen through her father's actions. But seeing how she deals with what's she is helped me focus a bit more myself due to my own mental health issues.

I think I've rambled enough so please let me know your opinions or thoughts on the game.

• 2 years later...

Personally, I never heard of it until I saw it in Xbox Gamepass. I played 'Enslaved Odyssey To The West', so I thought of giving this a go. This game resonated to me as what Telltale's 'The Walking Dead' and Naughty Dog's 'The Last Of Us' did in their characters. The character Senua is remarkable and how she deals and overcomes her severe psychosis is done really well. The graphics of this game reminds me of 'God of War 2018'. The music was excellent, especially during the finale. The sound design is phenomenal. The multiple voices speaking in all directions was incredible. I played this on my TV connected to a surround-sound system, and I heard the voices in all directions.

Combat is simple but complex; just like Dark Souls. Don't know the real reason behind that permadeath mechanic, but I had no issue and its not off-putting. Very highly recommended. 

9.5 / 10