Monochrome Order guide

Jazz Apples

Apologies in advance for this not being a Pant's Party quality guide! This is only a partial guide focusing on the more complex achievements because these guides take a lot of work and time. I blatantly tried to copy Pant's formatting and style though to make this a familiar read.

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10

- Offline: 35 [1000:1gs:]

- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 25 Hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 5

- Missable achievements: No

- Does difficulty affect achievements: No (Unable to change difficulty)

- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: No

- Extra equipment needed: No

General Tips

First, you should go here and read BloodGodAlucard's post on all the different Judgements (these are Subquests) and outcomes as well as the routes for the 5 different playthroughs.

My game first booted up in Japanese. To change this to English, at the main menu choose the bottom option, then choose the bottom option again.

The best thing I found not mentioned anywhere is that you can hit :1x: and it will return you to the world map from anywhere.

Each character only has 3 abilities and one default weapon. You can't change this weapon, or even find new ones. Same with abilities. You can upgrade your weapon to lvl 50. If the current party has all weapons at lvl 50 then any new characters joining will also have their weapon at lvl 50. When you level up in this game your max SP doesn't increase which is why I recommend Source of Vitality from the Marketplace DLC.

I finished all 5 endings in 30 hours. 19 hours for the first ending, which included going through all the Judgements and grinding up around level 80 which took 4 or so hours probably. I resolved 39 Judgements total. How high you level is up to you. I would say in the mid-60s or 70s is good if you don't want a challenge with anything other than the 4 Super Bosses.

Each new playthrough carries over all your items, weapon levels, character levels, equipment and gold. You will need to complete Judgements again to get your favorite characters to join.

Marketplace DLC

I strongly recommend buying Chain of Destiny ($1.99 USD) from the Special Shop. This lets you turn off encounters, or set them to every step for leveling. You have to complete this game 5 times and trust me, that item will save you A LOT of time. I would complete the first ending and then decide if you need/want it or not. I ended up buying it halfway through the first ending to help level up and because random encounters were getting pretty annoying. I also bought Source of Vitality (HP/SP are fully restored after battle) since you don't auto-recover after each battle.

Step 1: First Playthrough

I focused on choosing Economy rewards. You need your Fame, Peace and Economy at 30 or higher for achievements. Later on in the game you can buy Fame points in the Miasma Pool and you can also farm Peace points by running back and forth between areas on the world map, bandits will randomly attack and each time you defeat them Peace will increase. Economy makes items go on sale in the shops but there is no way to buy increases for it. You'll easily get it from Judgements.

Before I ended this playthrough I grinded in the Rufael Underground Ruins until I hit 200,000G (achievement). This money should last you through the rest of your playthroughs. I grinded up until the mid-40s in the Giant's Land and then from there until the mid-80s in the Underground Ruins. My final team ended up being the Arbiter, Blaze and Zazan. After the first playthrough I didn't bother to keep completing all the judgements and characters for the rest, so I would usually just complete Vctim of War and A Ruffian's Fate at the beginning to get Ficks and Durai and use that party all the way through.

Step 2: Second Playthrough

I focused on the achievements for -30 fame, -30 peace and -30 economy. I made a save before you finish the first Judgement then a different save to do -30 fame, reload back to the first save, do -30 peace, etc. With random encounters turned off, it only took an hour or so to rush through all the Judgements needed for each one. Here are the Judgements and outcomes needed for each achievement:

177853-lo.jpgSymbol of Disgust 10 gp-g.png

Fame has fallen to -30 or lower.

New Item Contract - Don't Marry Them

Research Development Investment - Don't Invest

The Captured Bandit - Don't Execute Him

Man of Justice - Punish

Victim of War - Forgive

A Ruffian's Fate - Punish

Spirited Away - Forgive

A Key Figure Defects - Extradite

Forbidden Thoughts - Allow

177855-lo.jpgSlum Full of Thugs10 gp-g.png

Peace has fallen to -30 or lower.

Medicinal Development 1 - Allow

Medicinal Development 2 - Deny

Man of Justice - Forgive

Victim of War - Forgive

A Ruffian's Fate - Forgive

Spirited Away - Punish (have to do this to unlock Bad Doctor and The Heretic)

A Key Figure Defects - Protect

Who's the Mother? - Aggressive

Bad Doctor - Forgive

Stalker Victim - Sentence

Revenger - Forgive

The Heretic - Punish

Excessive Self-Defense - Forgive her

177857-lo.jpgDeserted10 gp-g.png

Economy has fallen to -30 or lower.

**Note - You must complete certain NPCs judgements before they will talk to you about other NPCs judgements (ie, complete King's Judgement for Med Dev 2 before you can progress A Key Figure Defects to complete it to progress Bad Doctor *sigh*)

Medicinal Development 1 - Allow

Medicinal Development 2 - Deny

Man of Justice - Forgive

Victim of War - Forgive

A Ruffian's Fate - Forgive

Spirited Away - Punish

A Key Figure Defects - Extradite

Who's the Mother? - Aggressive

Bad Doctor - Forgive

Step 3-5: Third - Fifth Playthroughs

Follow route choices from the link above and work on defeating the 4 Super Bosses on your fourth or fifth playthrough.

Step 6: Clean Up

Defeat the 4 Super Bosses. The 4th boss won't unlock until the 4th playthough but you can defeat them as they unlock or one after the other. They persist through all playthroughs after each one unlocks. The progress also tracks through the different playthroughs.

177868-lo.jpgHero100 gp-g.png

Defeated all boss enemies.

These are the 4 Super Bosses. I cheesed these using Sleep and Poison Balls (these are unlocked by picking Item for the Tech Investment 2 Judgement) from the item shop. Use 2 of each on the boss and just keep using them, keeping Sleep and Deadly Poison effects on them until they die.

You will get an in-game popup at the start of loading a cleared game file saying when each boss is available.

Calamititan is located in Giant's Land.

Anarchaos will spawn in the Rufael Underground Ruins in the second playthrough.

The Betrayer will spawn in the Ancient Altar above the Giant's Land after unlocking 3 endings.

Despair Dragon will spawn in the far right region of the map, Disaster Remains, through Alhabinia Border.

Edited by Jazz Apples
peer pressure from bLaKgRaVy - kidding =)

Any information is helpful information. :)

If you want to go further and try your hand at writing a formal guide, check out these links!

Guides and Roadmaps: How to Write Your Own

A Few Words on Guides & Roadmaps

The Ultimate BBCode Achievement Guide Template

Some of the information contained in these links might be overwhelming, so if you decide to continue and have any questions, please feel free to message anyone on the guide team. Cheers!

I didn't really appreciate how much effort really goes into the Guides and Roadmaps until I read those links. Kudos to you all! Not sure I'm ready to work on an official one just yet but I can definitely clean this one up more and format it a bit better since its the only one here. I didn't even think of copy/pasting the achievement icons and doing a little Roadmap at the beginning. I'll work on sprucing this one up though :)

Some guides can be downright tedious to write while others go pretty smoothly. But yeah, they all require a good amount of personal time, sometimes more than it takes to play the game itself.

If you ever change your mind, just let us know. And if you are going to add posts to what you've written, I can insert as many posts as needed after your first one so the guide flows better. Just let me know. :)

Any information is helpful information. :)

If you want to go further and try your hand at writing a formal guide, check out these links!

Guides and Roadmaps: How to Write Your Own

A Few Words on Guides & Roadmaps

The Ultimate BBCode Achievement Guide Template

Some of the information contained in these links might be overwhelming, so if you decide to continue and have any questions, please feel free to message anyone on the guide team. Cheers!

The BB code is a great place to start, it gets the layout perfect and let's you right musings down about each achivement

I went ahead and cleaned my first post up a bit. Thanks again for the suggestions! It looks much nicer and reads easier now. :applause:

edit:

The BB code is a great place to start, it gets the layout perfect and let's you right musings down about each achivement

Oh wow. Yes that makes it a lot easier! That was the only link I didn't read before I posted. :wall:. Now I know to use that for any future guides. Thanks!

Edited by Jazz Apples