New Site Design is Live - Automatic Achievement Tracking and More Coming Soon!

The Pants Party

New Site Design and Forums

As you can see, earlier this week we launched a new skin for our community and we moved to a new forum system. It is a big change, and will likely take some getting used to (it sure has for the staff as well), but I think you'll find it allows for a much more engaging and "social" community. Click around and check out some of the new features, look at your new profile wall, leave some "likes" for people or "thanks" for guides you've used.

Manual Achievement Checklists / Automatic Tracking

You will likely also have noticed that your manual achievement tracking system is not available right now. I first want to ensure you that your data is NOT lost, and we WILL be bringing it back for those who want it. The caveat to this is that we will first be implementing an automatic achievement tracking system that will scan your Gamertag and import all your games and unlocked achievements. This will come with leaderboards for every game, global leaderboards, custom leaderboards, etc. It will also feature all kinds of awesome data in the forms of graphs, timelines, and other cool stuff. You will be able to create goals for yourself to track. Your profiles will be something that you will visit and tinker with a lot, I promise you.

A Choice...

One other caveat is that if you choose to use the manual tracking, you will be excluded from all that cool stuff I mentioned. Because you can input whatever data you want with a manual system, there is no way for us to verify its legitimacy. Only people on the automatic tracking system will get the advanced profiles, but that choice again will be yours.

When?

Now, unfortunately I can not give an exact timeline on when the automatic tracking will go live, and especially when the manual tracking will return. The auto system will be setup and available first, and we will let people see all that will offer them before we rebuild the manual system. Once the manual system returns, you will again choose which route you want to go. I saw feedback that many PC Steam users come here to use our checklists to track their PC gaming, which makes a ton of sense, they'll obviously go that route. As will some more old-school people who just the "feel" of the manual system and don't care about the fluff.

My Stats/Main Page Profile

You may notice that when you click on "My Stats" at the top of the forum page or your username from the main "front" side of the site, nothing happens. This is currently turned off, but will be where your achievement tracking, leaderboards, graphs, and other stats will be held. Obviously since that part of the update is not live yet, nor are those links.

Thank You!

As Brian already posted in another thread, I want to echo his sentiment and thank the staff and all our regular members for sticking with us through the years as we built this new system. I know we're now asking for a little more patience, but I promise it will be worth it. As for any new members, or returning members who have not been around for a while - WELCOME! We are glad you are here.

For more information on the redesign and update, you can see a word from the site owner Dan Webb HERE. As more questions are asked and answered, I will try to update this post with more info to help everyone ease into this new life here at XBA. :)

Edited by The Pants Party
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, DEG23 said:

Not sure if this is the right place but will the auto tracking affect the max clubs? I know PST did away with them when PSNProfiles became more popular. There's been quite a few clubs I've been the first to sign up for but far from the first to complete.

Currently there are no plans to have Max Clubs automated. I did put a request in about it many, many months ago about this however. I'd love to see the process automated and wouldn't rule it out 100%

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dirty130 said:

Currently there are no plans to have Max Clubs automated. I did put a request in about it many, many months ago about this however. I'd love to see the process automated and wouldn't rule it out 100%

Cheers, mate. No big deal either way, if it does become automated I better step up my game to get those top spots!

Excited to see the growth and changes coming, thanks for all the work put in. Auto tracking is most definitely a welcomed update. It was so tedious before to manually track especially when not keeping up as you unlock achievements. It has happened to me many times that my selected completions were not synced with my actual GS which resulted in lot of time spent double/triple checking 🤕.

On a side note, one suggestion I would add is, if possible, link the PS and xbox guide and achievement walkthroughs. Sometimes games are missing guides on the xbox site but a full guide exists for the PS version, so it would be beneficial to just leverage the PS data onto the xbox side automatically (NieR Automata for example).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, kingkc said:

On a side note, one suggestion I would add is, if possible, link the PS and xbox guide and achievement walkthroughs. Sometimes games are missing guides on the xbox site but a full guide exists for the PS version, so it would be beneficial to just leverage the PS data onto the xbox side automatically (NieR Automata for example).

That’s actually a very interesting suggestion. The two sites, despite being owned by the same people, have always worked independently of each other. There have been people who are members of both sites write one guide and submit it for both. 

While this would take coordination between both sites, it’s a good suggestion and I’ve kicked it up to the higher ups for consideration. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't wait for it to come back and test! I like what you guys are doing with the automatic system, but I grew SO USED to manual, it helps me so much to narrow down what's left of the game and see what I have to tacke next instantly with just a simple click. If the automatic system is something fast like this, there's no point for me to go back to manual, but if it takes time, it will be a struggle to decide between the two...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

YES! Please make sure you bring back the manual checklists... the whole reason I use XBA is for the simplicity of the site and the pleasure of manually checking things off as I Go.. I already use other sites for all the auto features you mentioned like Trueachievements / Gamertag nation / MetaGamerscore and i'm not on those regularly but I have (and usually keep) XBA pulled up beside me everyday I play just ready to check stuff off..(which is so satisfying to a completionist to manually check things off). In your quest to upgrade and make the site more sleek looking dont forget what kept us around so long! I used the site before I joined and I've been on here over 5 years. I know that if it all goes automatic, I won't just leave XBA open on my computer all the time like I have for a loooong time...which sucks. I'll miss it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Why did you remove the ability to PRINT the Achievement Lists??

As an achievement hunter, I've relied on your site for more than a decade, but never felt the need to create an account and post until now. 

The new design looks good, but you removed the icon used to print a formatted list of achievements... Please bring it back!

Thank you!

Edited by James2020
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, James2020 said:

Why did you remove the ability to PRINT the Achievement Lists??

As an achievement hunter, I've relied on your site for more than a decade, but never felt the need to create an account and post until now. 

The new design looks good, but you removed the icon used to print a formatted list of achievements... Please bring it back!

Thank you!

Honestly didn't know people used that! I will ask that we add it to the list of requests to have brought back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, The Pants Party said:

Honestly didn't know people used that! I will ask that we add it to the list of requests to have brought back.

Thanks.  I find it very helpful to print the list, make notes on it, and mark them off as I complete achievements. 

I'm sure I'm not the only achievement hunter using that feature. Without it, I'm afraid you're just going to push more users away to other sites.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KobeTivity said:

Where are all the achievement lists!!!? I came to update my progress and cant even find my lists any more. What the hell is going on. This new design sucks

All the details about your concern are either discussed in posts directly above yours or in links to other sources on site about the update that have been provided above.

This site is only useful to me if I can ACTUALLY USE IT to track my achievements. New version or a a simple list where I click as I unlock achievements like it used to be, I really don’t care. But the longer I can’t do either of those things the more likely it is I never come back. I mean, you timed this for the launch of the new consoles? Really? That wasn’t very smart

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think that's fair criticism.

The original plan was to have automatic tracking ready for the new generation of Xbox consoles but unfortunately time simply ran out. I know the site team are working hard to get wave 2 released as soon as possible and I can only ask for your further patience.

Having said that, we'd like to encourage feedback, no matter how you feel but of course please continue to keep it friendly 🙂

• Like 1

Congratulations, looks fresh!

🙂

Only one thing bothers me with the new design on the main page. I'd rather see the news on top than having to scroll down everytime. That's the only reason I check your website daily not for the new achievements added.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So I'll admit, I'm one of the people who eventually ended up spending most of their time at TA. I held out for a really long time, but the site being able to detect what was going on with my Xbox activity and ability to jump to game forums via my profile showing recently played games was just too convenient.

But I never really got the sense of community I got here, even on this very thread I can see names I recognise and that's great. If XA can now starting bringing in the useful tools used elsewhere I will be very happy to be back here more often!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TellTaleReaper said:

I really enjoy the new layout, it's smooth, looks good, etc... but I really mostly use this site to track achievements, and I can't do that.  I know it's being worked on, but a timeline would be nice?  I don't want to sound like I'm rushing you or anything, but it would be nice to know.

I have asked for an approximate time frame too, and when I asked if it'd be December or January or later, I was told "this year." So hopefully we will see achievement tracking soon. Pretty much everyone (staff included) are in the same boat as you, anxiously awaiting Wave 2 of the update. 

• Like 3