New Site Design is Live - Automatic Achievement Tracking and More Coming Soon!

The Pants Party

6 minutes ago, KHannibal said:

Are these “things to finalize” finally finalised ? :)

Unfortunately not. My understanding is that an issue was found on the 11th by an admin staff tester and the owners have been working with the coders to remedy this since. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, XEN610 said:

Will they be bringing back the ability to print out achievement/guide checklists? I know I was probably one of the few that used that feature, but this site was the only with it.

We have been told that it is a feature that will return. I used it as well so fingers crossed it's soon.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't like the new system. It is similar to the german trophies forum and for me it is awful and I leave this forum...

It is NOT the design himself but the fact I can't write in "BB-Code" anymore. I HATE this "live" writing with mousecoursor / highlight text then do yxz. If something wrong it is so complicated to fix that. Also autoswitch img / videos.

Is there a way to avoid this and write back in [xx][/xx]?

Second point. In the old design I can go from a game forum back to the frontpage of this game like with a click on the achievements tab Now I have to search this game in the bar, click on the game from the list, click on achievements.....?...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Edword said:

Well with Max Clubs now gone from the site, I sure hope this next update hurries up. Outside of the small forum chatter her and there Max Clubs and awards were my main draw here. 

Seems like the site is regressing into the state it was when we were waiting for the initial site update. 

Same for me. Guides and Max clubs were my two favorite things about this site, especially for the past few years. With Max Clubs entirely gone, it feels like a huge chunk of the site and a huge chunk of my engagement is gone too. 

We'll see what happens after this next update finally arrives. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Necrophage33 said:

Same for me. Guides and Max clubs were my two favorite things about this site, especially for the past few years. With Max Clubs entirely gone, it feels like a huge chunk of the site and a huge chunk of my engagement is gone too. 

We'll see what happens after this next update finally arrives. 

Yeah I agree with this, we need the update to hit now more than ever.

Not sure why forum ones were retired though, forumn ones were nice as you basically only compete against active people, new site leader boards I doubt I'll ever have chance of a top 5 again.

13 minutes ago, Caramel Cardinal said:

Yeah I agree with this, we need the update to hit now more than ever.

Not sure why forum ones were retired though, forumn ones were nice as you basically only compete against active people, new site leader boards I doubt I'll ever have chance of a top 5 again.

Yeah we'll have to see how it'll work. I'm sure you can filter it to only compete against friends/followers, and then separately see how you rank versus everyone on the site. It'll definitely be a different dynamic. Hopefully something similar to Max Clubs (with various clubs and leaderboards and awards) can be designed. Once the next update goes live with achievement tracking, we will hopefully be designing something new based around that. 

10 minutes ago, Caramel Cardinal said:

As seen in the X1 MC sign-up thread, there are 14 pages of 300+ unprocessed sign-ups sitting since November with no team or anyone willing to process them. With a site tournament just around the corner and those numbers expected to further blowout, combined with pressure from staff and being told leader boards will come with the tracking update, unfortunately, action was taken. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEG23 said:

How's Brian going? The max clubs were always his baby😥

He can't stop crying. Staff have been consoling him all weekend. 

Seriously though, we rarely hear from him, so we have no idea how he's doing. He hasn't said anything. 

Edited by Necrophage33
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DEG23 said:

Damn, didn't realise he wasn't as active.

Shame to see all the clubs go, it was fun to slowly work on some of the challenges and 'best of' clubs.

Frustrating that instead of new features being added we're seeing stuff being removed. 

Yeah, tell me about it. We're just as disheartened and frustrated as you. Maybe eventually all these years of patience will pay off. 

6 minutes ago, DEG23 said:

Damn, didn't realise he wasn't as active.

Shame to see all the clubs go, it was fun to slowly work on some of the challenges and 'best of' clubs.

Frustrating that instead of new features being added we're seeing stuff being removed. 

Yup...

6 hours ago, Dirty130 said:

As seen in the X1 MC sign-up thread, there are 14 pages of 300+ unprocessed sign-ups sitting since November with no team or anyone willing to process them. With a site tournament just around the corner and those numbers expected to further blowout, combined with pressure from staff and being told leader boards will come with the tracking update, unfortunately, action was taken. 

Didn't realize there wasn't a team for Max Clubs to do any processing. Or is that more of a result of being told to hold off in anticipation for the next site update? 

1 hour ago, Edword said:

Didn't realize there wasn't a team for Max Clubs to do any processing. Or is that more of a result of being told to hold off in anticipation for the next site update? 

I think it's fair to say it's a mixture of things, some I probably shouldn't go into here. In short, the update made processing Max Club sign-ups longer and further convoluted, therefore the team and their lead let it slip from their grasp. Having said that, there is obviously more to it than just that but having done both processing and lead roles myself, I don't blame them given the combined circumstances. Their concerns were voiced and heard but nothing was done to remedy the situation and here we are 5 months later.  It's a sad tale, really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirty130 said:

I think it's fair to say it's a mixture of things, some I probably shouldn't go into here. In short, the update made processing Max Club sign-ups longer and further convoluted, therefore the team and their lead let it slip from their grasp. Having said that, there is obviously more to it than just that but having done both processing and lead roles myself, I don't blame them given the combined circumstances. Their concerns were voiced and heard but nothing was done to remedy the situation and here we are 5 months later.  It's a sad tale, really. 

That's a bummer :( With more time that passes it seems that the update to the site is hurting it more than helping it in terms of the forum aspect. I'm not too hopeful in seeing the rest of the update within the next couple months. 

19 hours ago, Edword said:

That's a bummer :( With more time that passes it seems that the update to the site is hurting it more than helping it in terms of the forum aspect. I'm not too hopeful in seeing the rest of the update within the next couple months. 

I'd probably have to agree with that. I know for a fact that the owners are pushing the coders to have things completed as soon as possible. The way they're talking, the next couple of months that you've mentioned seems reasonable from my understanding but that, of course, only comes from what I'm told.

Really, and it's nothing more than my personal, dinosaur-like thinking, but I'd have preferred to just have had tracking adding back to the site rather than the fresh coat of paint and all of this hoopla. 

We'll try to keep this thread updated as we hear more. 

2 hours ago, Burning Karma said:

Pretty gutted to hear the Max Clubs are dead. I didn't really get into them until a couple years back but after I did, I loved them. Every change so far keeps driving me further away from this site.

Yup, they really were something a little special for us here at XBA, weren't they? I know I used to get some sort of satisfaction out of signing my completions up. Again, it's just my opinion but I can't understand why Max Clubs wouldn't be intergraded into our automated leaderboards system. I know I requested it years ago and to me, it just makes sense.  

I just hope our upcoming leaderboards have filters and the like. I might look further into that..

Edit: So, if everything goes to current plan, tracking should launch with basic leaderboard functions with the intention to add customizable filters, etc. 

Edited by Dirty130

1 hour ago, Dirty130 said:

The way they're talking, the next couple of months that you've mentioned seems reasonable from my understanding but that, of course, only comes from what I'm told.

This is directed at the owners and not the staff (you guys are awesome) but this rollout has been a complete shambles. I was always on the positive side of these updates but it's kind of becoming a joke at this point. I've lost count of how many times I've heard "exciting things are on the way," and yet it seems we're still months away from anything exciting.

And based on Dirty's edit it will be just a basic feature at first and more advanced elements added later, which I'm guessing will take even more months to be added. The fresh coat of paint should have been held off IMO until at least basic tracking was ready.

I understand if the clubs were put on hold for a week or two while things transitioned over but going months without any activity only to now see them closed is a joke. I'd rather go back to the old site that had max clubs and the empty promise of "exciting things to come."

Edited by DEG23
  • Like 4

I'd honestly prefer having the old site back as well if it meant Max Clubs came back. Seeing how this has all played out I agree that a fresh coat of paint should have been added last if possible. The hype of the new site redesign didn't last long. It seemed to boost activity at first on the forum side and front page side, but over time it's died back out again. Even browsing the front page here and there it seems that articles barely get any comment traffic anymore. I remember those comments being a toxic mess not that long ago. 

I feel for staff as they're stuck in the middle of all this. I appreciate all they've done for the site. I'm not sure how the owners feel about the state of the site once again or if they even care. It's honestly pretty pathetic that we're in another "features are coming" phase this far out from the site redesign. 

I'm going to miss having a goal to reach towards on the site in regards to awards. It was also fun to plan out what I might play next depending on what game might snag me the next award. And even though awards I assume will make a return, it won't fully be the same without the Max Club awards. 

• Like 3