GSL 2021 Discussion Thread

oORuffusOo

6 hours ago, StolenPaper18 said:

Damn, ya'll wildin'. I really want to put up some score.... but Outriders got me feeling some type of way right now. lol

Most of the stuff I've played so far has been decent and enjoyable in some capacity. So far the "shit" list is:

1. The Path of Motus

2. Arborigenus

3. Retro Tanks

• Like 2

Having alot of fun so far, haven't played much yet but it is actually really enjoyable coming back and playing many of these games again. I think it is a real blessing you only have 1 stack of most of these games on the X much more enjoyable doing it once (or the 9th time for many of these games for me lol). Looking forward to getting into some of the Xbox only spam over the next week or so.

So far highlights

1. Pinkman+  - perhaps the best farting platformer I have ever playedO

2. Cave Bad

3. I Saw Black Clouds ....... definitely the least polished FMV I have played with dreadful dub (play it in french with subs) but it is a good mix of suspense, horror and FMV cheesy

No bad ones so far but then I love jank. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GwynsCandle said:

3. I Saw Black Clouds ....... definitely the least polished FMV I have played with dreadful dub (play it in french with subs) but it is a good mix of suspense, horror and FMV cheesy

She Sees Red is another one that’s not too bad but the voice acting really sucks. It’s dubbed into English from Norwegian or maybe some Eastern European country. Not sure if you can play it in its native language with subtitles. 

10 hours ago, GwynsCandle said:

Having alot of fun so far, haven't played much yet but it is actually really enjoyable coming back and playing many of these games again. I think it is a real blessing you only have 1 stack of most of these games on the X much more enjoyable doing it once (or the 9th time for many of these games for me lol). Looking forward to getting into some of the Xbox only spam over the next week or so.

So far highlights

1. Pinkman+  - perhaps the best farting platformer I have ever playedO

2. Cave Bad

No bad ones so far but then I love jank. 

Loved Cave Bad! The music was so good. Shame it was so short. It's only 4 levels to beat the game, which I ended up doing for fun. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Caramel Cardinal said:

Well after 2 and 1/2 days of solid grinding and many hours before as well I finally have an achivement worth 25G, dont even need to check leaderbaord to know we're nailing this GSL, other teams can just concede now if they want before it gets embarrassing.

I was literally coming here to ask the other teams to quit but we can be modest about it.

Absolutely killing it with Wreakfest and Kingdom of Amular. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve been keeping apprised, and I must say, Some impressive scores so far. However, don’t forget to take time on this sacred holiday to enjoy the important things. I’d like to share with you all my favorite piece of scripture from the good word. Proverbs 3:5 : Trust in the Pony with all your heart and learn not on your own understanding.

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm still going strong, after finishing solitaire for 45g I moved on to finishing forza horizon 2, had a bit of a grind but single player is done and multiplayer should only take me a few days so got another 200g there. This rate I may get to 1000g before end of the month 😲

• Like 2

On 4/4/2021 at 2:38 AM, bLaKgRaVy said:

She Sees Red is another one that’s not too bad but the voice acting really sucks. It’s dubbed into English from Norwegian or maybe some Eastern European country. Not sure if you can play it in its native language with subtitles. 

I liked She Sees Red, dub aside it was good. 

Enjoying getting through some games I haven't come across before. So far liking 

1. Paradise Lost - total walking sim though. Awesome dark narrative but very linear which is cool. Some serious work went into sections you just walk straight past :)

2. Orbital Racer - silly / each achievement list but fun concept space racer

3. Evil Inside - a really awesome little PT clone. Nice few "fark me" jump scare moments too.

Still getting a little Yakuza 7 time too. So many good games. 

Congrats to the front runners you boys are setting a lightning pace. I am discovering new spam every day from your lists, keep it up :)

1 hour ago, GwynsCandle said:

I liked She Sees Red, dub aside it was good. 

Enjoying getting through some games I haven't come across before. So far liking 

1. Paradise Lost - total walking sim though. Awesome dark narrative but very linear which is cool. Some serious work went into sections you just walk straight past :)

2. Orbital Racer - silly / each achievement list but fun concept space racer

3. Evil Inside - a really awesome little PT clone. Nice few "fark me" jump scare moments too.

Still getting a little Yakuza 7 time too. So many good games. 

Congrats to the front runners you boys are setting a lightning pace. I am discovering new spam every day from your lists, keep it up :)

I've enjoyed almost every game I've played so far. Marked exceptions are Caretaker and Allison's Diary. Wow those games are horrendous. I don't like survival horror games in general, but these games have no redeeming qualities. Virtually pitch black, cheap deaths, and no obvious objectives. It's like they wanted to simulate fumbling around in the dark and getting lost. So painful to play them. Thankfully the good far outweighs the bad though. And I've been getting some ideas from what you're playing too 😉

Edited by Necrophage33

2 hours ago, GwynsCandle said:

Evil Inside was meh. I followed the text walkthrough on Knoef's Trophy Guide site so, of course, I have no idea what the story was about. Easy gamerscore, though. Major points off for not having inverted controls in 2021.

1 hour ago, Necrophage33 said:

I've enjoyed almost every game I've played so far. Marked exceptions are Caretaker and Allison's Diary. Wow those games are horrendous. I don't like survival horror games in general, but these games have no redeeming qualities. Virtually pitch black, cheap deaths, and no obvious objectives. It's like they wanted to simulate fumbling around in the dark and getting lost. So painful to play them. Thankfully the good far outweighs the bad though. And I've been getting some ideas from what you're playing too 😉

You obviously have a high pain threshold. Some of this shit really is horrendous. Thunderflash.....seriously I was  playing more advanced stuff 30 years ago on the Amiga 500. So glad I didn't invest in a series X if this is the future.

Edited by Watty8883

7 hours ago, Watty8883 said:

You obviously have a high pain threshold. Some of this shit really is horrendous. Thunderflash.....seriously I was  playing more advanced stuff 30 years ago on the Amiga 500. So glad I didn't invest in a series X if this is the future.

Haha well I enjoy just about all of the Retro style games, especially if they are platformers. Duck Souls, Explorer of Night, etc. They're all fun for me. The shmups are usually fun too. And I prefer both of those because a guide isn't needed. I hate trying to follow a video guide while playing a game. I just want to be able to jump in and progress. Adventure games are the worst for me. So boring most of the time. 

14 hours ago, Necrophage33 said:

Haha well I enjoy just about all of the Retro style games, especially if they are platformers. Duck Souls, Explorer of Night, etc. They're all fun for me. The shmups are usually fun too. And I prefer both of those because a guide isn't needed. I hate trying to follow a video guide while playing a game. I just want to be able to jump in and progress. Adventure games are the worst for me. So boring most of the time. 

I totally get this, good to see another Spam hunter out and about :)

• Puppys locked this topic