GSL 2021 Discussion Thread

oORuffusOo

Scores after week 1:

lR2NQ5j.png

uIBXFc3.png

Who's Carrying Who have checked out to quite a daunting league over Final Boss. Necro has held the MVP spot since day one, with Watty staying within striking distance. Puppys breached 50k right before midnight but she has lost motivation and is scraping the barrel for GSL 2020 leftovers, and Pony is putting up a respectable first outing with 46k. Sasquach holds his Bearded Bastards in a comfortable third place, and The Gravy Robbers are mirroring each other in score for a solid fourth place. 5th through 7th currently in a heated battle that has been fun to watch! Looks like Jimbot is doing just fine while Ruffus has checked out to the Bahamas (aka the no shit games zone). 

Keep it up everyone!

• Like 2

Sasquatch is certainly carrying our team right now. It feels like every easy game I've started has turned out to take me longer than expected to complete. At least I haven't played any garbage yet. Judging on the ratings Puppys has given to the games she's played, I might be the exception.

46 minutes ago, Caramel Cardinal said:

I've done 4 coats of paint on a ceiling today, that's worth at least 400,000G right?

I left the house yesterday and didn't get any gamerscore for it :mad:

28 minutes ago, NShepherd N7 said:

Sasquatch is certainly carrying our team right now. It feels like every easy game I've started has turned out to take me longer than expected to complete. At least I haven't played any garbage yet. Judging on the ratings Puppys has given to the games she's played, I might be the exception.

Everyone likes different things in games. Necrophage said he liked Chop is Dish. Maybe he actually is a robot without feelings? Only way you could rate that piece of shit above a 1/10.

3 hours ago, Puppys said:

I left the house yesterday and didn't get any gamerscore for it :mad:

Everyone likes different things in games. Necrophage said he liked Chop is Dish. Maybe he actually is a robot without feelings? Only way you could rate that piece of shit above a 1/10.

I don't think I said I liked it, but I still enjoyed it. Very easy and no guide needed. That's how I like my tournament games. Chop is Dish is nowhere near the bottom of the pile for me, which continues to fill with survival horror games (Horror of the Deep just joined Caretaker and Allison's Diary). Give me a platformer or a shmup game any day and I'll be happy. 

I've managed to take two snow days from work so far during this tournament, and I might get another one this week if the weather predictions hold up.  I've blown through most of the easy games I'd saved up for the tournament, so I'm slowing down from here.

I do still plan on trying to get all the 0G MP achievements in Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway if anyone else is interested.  There is a TA session scheduled for Thursday that still needs another player. 😁

1 hour ago, Puppys said:

12 days complete and Necrophage + Watty are 10k away from beating last year's winning team score. Also, another 128k and they will break the GSL record which was set by four members, not two.

Insanity.

Crazy, any word on when those private Xitilon 100k gamerscore stacks that we commissioned are coming in for us ?

Edited by GwynsCandle
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, GwynsCandle said:

Crazy, any word on when those private Xitilon 100k gamerscore stacks that we commissioned are coming in for us ?

Yes, currently working on getting six stacks of every Rata game transferred over to Xbox, but only if you have a PSN profile with 100+ platinums.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Puppys said:

12 days complete and Necrophage + Watty are 10k away from beating last year's winning team score. Also, another 128k and they will break the GSL record which was set by four members, not two.

Insanity.

Hmm I hadn't considered the overall GSL record. New target to shoot for! 😁

7 minutes ago, Puppys said:

Will make me feel a bit better about placing second if you break the record...not

:p 

Hey don't short change yourself. You won GSL last year. Being competitive in two GSLs in a row is no small feat. Especially considering you set a record last year and then go on to being very competitive this year too. 

On 4/14/2021 at 9:25 AM, oORuffusOo said:

spacer.png

DEG woke up yesterday and chose violence. 

8 hours ago, GwynsCandle said:

Do you want me to spot you a few plats ?

Sure! We can tell the PSN police I moved to Australia and totally bought all of those stacks. At least they are cheap still :p After Mass Effect Trilogy I'm thinking about going for the six stack of that new three dollar, 30 second plat that just came out. 

• Haha 1

Standings after week 2:

1nKumHp.png

Necrophage has already shattered the GSL scoring record set in 2020, and commands a much larger lead over both his teammate and Final Boss. The MVP race on Final Boss has been leapfrogging by no less than 5,000 gamerscore difference the entire week, with Pony keeping the lead at the end of week 2. Third and fourth have remained the same, with Bearded Bastards within striking distance of The Gravy Robbers for the final podium spot. The fifth place spot has also spread out a bit, with Corrupt carrying Dirty into the spot for now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Puppys locked this topic