GSL 2021 Discussion Thread

oORuffusOo

Looks like the final phage of the 20th GSL can now be turned, as the event has run its course. I’m new in these parts, but it’s crazy to think this glorious event has been going on since nearly the turn of the millennium. Congrats to WCW for a reasonable performance. No matter Watty says, we all know which of this duo was hoisted onto their partners shoulders and carried to the finish. Sucks to witness the heir of last years GSL throne, DaenAeris Targaryen, go down in flames - oh the humanity. Still a solid go at it for the trailblazer. Back at this events inception, I bet women x box gamers were expected to remain within the confines of the kitchen in cooking simulator.  To my Brony the SonyPony, an impressive first outing. No doubt it was hard to candle all of the power from the BBC that is the X. We at PlayStation look forward to your return home and have a big glass of juice with your name on it. I was also pulling for the bearded bastards to get p3, but that didn’t happen in the end. Enjoy this consolation prize of 5$ a Bearsed Bastard order: http://i.refs.cc/0b3ZEd7f.

• Haha 1

I've received all the winner's details and have passed them onto Admin for processing. If you haven't already received your digital game-prize of choice, it should arrive shortly. As for the the requested physical prize, please allow the usual 2-6 weeks for delivery. 

A big thank you to our CET, everyone who participated and what an incredible effort from our top 4 scorers! 

We'll leave this thread open for another week for any further comments or feedback.

Hope to see y'all next time! 😃

• Like 3

Amazing effort from people. Like others have already said, I didn't expect to see such high scores posted, especially from people with already such high GS!

On 5/1/2021 at 10:51 PM, oORuffusOo said:

Personally I'm pretty sure I've retired from gamerscore whoring as just putting up the rest of my 5k last night just about killed me. Though I may have to make some effort next tourney if only to keep DEG and Edword off my back 😪. A couple of bullies those 2 are.

Edword and I are both very proud of your effort, Ruffus!

200.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/1/2021 at 5:51 AM, oORuffusOo said:

Personally I'm pretty sure I've retired from gamerscore whoring as just putting up the rest of my 5k last night just about killed me. Though I may have to make some effort next tourney if only to keep DEG and Edword off my back 😪. A couple of bullies those 2 are.

We were rooting you on! :p 

On 5/2/2021 at 3:16 PM, Necrophage33 said:

Remember when idling Telltale games was a viable strategy during GSL? 

Then came NEOGEO and now we have Ratalaika :biglaugh 

On 5/2/2021 at 3:52 PM, DEG23 said:

Amazing effort from people. Like others have already said, I didn't expect to see such high scores posted, especially from people with already such high GS!

Edword and I are both very proud of your effort, Ruffus!

200.gif

spacer.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Edword said:

We were rooting you on! :p 

Then came NEOGEO and now we have Ratalaika :biglaugh 

spacer.png

Ratalaika can be a bit unpredictable. They're always short, but some are 15-30 minutes and some are 2 hours. Eastasiasoft and Xitilon have a smaller catalogue for now, but their games have a lot of fast and easy gamerscore. Plus eastasiasoft have a lot of fun shmup games, and they don't even need guides, making them even more fun to play during tournaments. 

• Puppys locked this topic