Automatic Tracking is Now Live!

The Pants Party

Please read Dan Webb’s announcement here. And please forgive his use of light mode…

First and foremost, I’d like to thank everyone for their patience. Yes, this is a long time coming. Yes, we’ve made promises in the past and not been able to keep them. Yes, this should have happened sooner. There are a myriad of reasons why it didn't. But we kept on working and kept on striving to get to where we wanted to be, and today is a large part of that growth and a realization we’ve been dreaming of. I hope you all enjoy it.

So, as Webb mentioned in the announcement linked above, automatic tracking is now available here at XBA. If you’re reading this and don’t have an account, you’ll need to first sign up for one, then you can click on your username on the front page or the “My Stats” link on the forum to be taken to your profile. On this page, you’ll be asked to input your Gamertag to be scanned into the site. This could take a few hours or even a day or so on your first scan depending on how many achievements you have and how many people are being scanned at the time. We preloaded about 10k tags based on what was linked to forum profiles, so your stats may already be active.

From there, what to expect? Well, let me run through the pages with you real quick. Webb covered a lot of it, but here's a breakdown piece by piece.

My Profile:

This is the main spot for all your stats. Here you can see all your totals, the breakdown in pie charts for different things such as genres and developers/publishers, completions percentages for genres, franchises, etc. Lots to take it. At the bottom, you’ll also see your Max Clubs, all the games you have complete 100% of the achievements in. Just a bunch of fun stuff for stat nerds.

Played Games:

This is a chronological list of all your played games with a handy progress bar for each showing your trek toward completion. The names of the games on this page are pulled from xbox.com, so they might differ slightly in how they are represented on our side. You can click "Load More" at the bottom to see the next 25 games.

Achievement Log:

This one's fairly simple, just a chronological list of all your recently unlocked achievements. Nice and pretty to look at. Once again, click "Load More" at the bottom to see further back.

Collection/Wishlist:

Another obvious one. You can remove games by clicking the little trash can icon, while adding games to this page is done on the individual game pages in the "About Game" section.

My Checklists:
Did you prefer doing everything manually? Did you get a little tingle in your pants when you checked off an achievement in real time right after you unlocked it? Well, you can still enjoy this feature right alongside our automatic tracking. We previously thought you'd have to choose, but we found out they could coincide and your checklists will be housed here.

This will take you to your forum inbox for Private Messages.

Settings:

The first few setting here will let you auto-hide some things if you prefer, but the bottom two are the most important depending on what view you'd like on the achievement lists and guides. If you want to just let the automated system do its thing, set it to automatic and they will update themselves once every 24 hours for regular members and once every hour for subscribers. If you prefer to update that stuff yourself with the manual, obviously manual is you choice there!

Dark/Light Toggle:

Toggle this to Dark Mode and then don't touch it ever again.

---------------------------------------------

Please be aware stats may be off in the beginning. Some of the things are new to the site, such as the Franchise option, and not every game in a franchise may be tagged yet. Genres are currently only tracking the main genre field, not the "subgenre" field, so some games may be missing there as well (for instance Borderlands might be under Shooter vs RPG, rather than both as we'd like). We also have a lot of work to standardize the Developer and Publisher fields as well. There is a lot of Microsoft vs Microsoft Game Studios vs Xbox Game Studios, etc. We will work on merging all of these into one (the most current name).

Please let us know of any inaccuracies in your stats or the way certain things are displaying, and don't hesitate to suggest any improvements you'd like to see. I am very happy this day has finally come! Enjoy. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Amazing! So glad it's here!

One suggestion from the off (unless I've overlooked it) - is it possible to have a function to hide games from "played" if they have 0 achievements on them? I have a bunch I've opened to get a Gamepass point reward and immediately closed again. I know you can hide them via the Xbox achievements interface on the console itself so not a huge deal but figured I'd mention it anyways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I notice there are "streaks" which are calculated now.  Assuming this is similar to TA, is there a way to set your timezone so as to accurately reflect when exactly your 24 hour period is for each day.  Or are our streaks now reliant on the site's time zone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First off, I want to give a big thank you and congratulations to the site owners, Dan (Webb) and Aleks (RoutineX). We all know it's been a long time coming but these guys have been working their butts off in the backgrounds for countless hours to bring this all to our community and I hope you all take a moment to look over your profiles and stats to see what is on offer. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask a friendly staff member or post your query right here. I'd also like to extend my thanks to Alan (The Pants Party), Joe (Necrophage33) and Ken (bLaKgRaVy) for their extensive testing and feedback throughout the staff testing period. Fantastic work from everyone and it's such a proud day for me to see all of this finally come together 😊

Please be patient and allow us to iron out bugs and issues that will appear over the coming days and weeks. Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Pants Party said:

My Checklists:
Did you prefer doing everything manually? Did you get a little tingle in your pants when you checked off an achievement in real time right after you unlocked it? Well, you can still enjoy this feature right alongside our automatic tracking. We previously thought you'd have to choose, but we found out they could coincide and your checklists will be housed here.

This is not a useful description as to how this is supposed to work. Since the page I had up to track my game autoswitched, I went into the My Checklist to figure how to get it back since your automatic tracking is not only not instant, but apparently pretty slow (missing achievements in this same game from yesterday that'd I'd already ticked off and over 16,000 GS overall!). Clicked on the game (keeping the "completed games" toggle off really needs to be an option) & it took me to the same automatic tracking page. So I went back & clicked the the little green checkmark (which said something about disabling it), and got the same result. Finally I went back and clicked it again (enabling, so it says), and I'm still left with an autotracking game page with no way to tick off my achievements. Which means I can no longer tick the achievement immediately so I can hide it to clear my page of what I no longer need, which (if it stays this way) means I no longer have a functional reason to use this site regularly.

So either their needs to be a way to tick the achievements manually regardless of what your scanners say, or we need to be able to get a quick scan over & over again. I'm guessing that letting us scan at will won't happen.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Naberios said:

This is not a useful description as to how this is supposed to work. Since the page I had up to track my game autoswitched, I went into the My Checklist to figure how to get it back since your automatic tracking is not only not instant, but apparently pretty slow (missing achievements in this same game from yesterday that'd I'd already ticked off and over 16,000 GS overall!). Clicked on the game (keeping the "completed games" toggle off really needs to be an option) & it took me to the same automatic tracking page. So I went back & clicked the the little green checkmark (which said something about disabling it), and got the same result. Finally I went back and clicked it again (enabling, so it says), and I'm still left with an autotracking game page with no way to tick off my achievements. Which means I can no longer tick the achievement immediately so I can hide it to clear my page of what I no longer need, which (if it stays this way) means I no longer have a functional reason to use this site regularly.

So either their needs to be a way to tick the achievements manually regardless of what your scanners say, or we need to be able to get a quick scan over & over again. I'm guessing that letting us scan at will won't happen.

Regarding your statement about automatic tracking not being instant, that obviously isn't the case and never was intended to be. Normal members get scanned once every 24 hours, and subscribers/staff get scanned hourly. So if you upgrade to being a subscriber then you can get hourly scans.

As for your issue with manually checking off achievements, did you go into your Settings on your profile and change the "Tracking when viewing achievement lists" to "Manual (checklists)?" Because I was able to turn it to manual, go to Dynasty Warriors 9's game page, click on Enable Checklist at the top (which added it to the My Checklists page in my profile), and then check off achievements and hide the ones I've completed. It sounds like the circles you were going in were because you didn't change your settings. Maybe give that a try and see if that works, or let me know if I misunderstood the issue.

Also in your Settings page is the option to "Auto hide all completed games on My Checklists," which I think covers one of the points you made.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Necrophage33
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Necro. :)

As he mentioned @Naberiosyou will need to enable Manual in your settings to continue using the lists in the old fashion. None of your progress was lost, and I explicitly stated in my post that tracking is once every 24 hours, so I'm not sure where you got the impression it would be instantaneous. Hopefully once you make the switch everything is still to your liking!

What exactly is the progress graph tracking?  I have 120000 more GS than it indicates, about 230000 less achievements, completion percentage doesn't make sense for those numbers and wouldn't be that straight.  

Also my achievement count is way off but gamerscore is correct for some reason.

2 hours ago, EricHawrylyshyn said:

Awesome, it all looks great :) congrats to everyone involved in making this happen. Is there any way of seeing other people's "Max Club" section for some friendly competition? ;)

EDIT: Nvm I figured it out :)

How?  I can't seem to do it except by directly changing the URL to get different gamers.

9 hours ago, Rainith said:

I notice there are "streaks" which are calculated now.  Assuming this is similar to TA, is there a way to set your timezone so as to accurately reflect when exactly your 24 hour period is for each day.  Or are our streaks now reliant on the site's time zone?

Really hope so as my 1577 day streak is apparently 4 days in the time zone they are using.  With a 13 day max streak.

• Thanks 1

my played games is wrong. it says 14, which is right. however, it includes skate which is at 0% (those aren't factored into stats on psnp or TA) and it doesn't show Grounded in there at all. My achievement streak is also wrong, its 47 days, but shows as 26 (probably due to time zone or something?). 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

my played games is wrong. it says 14, which is right. however, it includes skate which is at 0% (those aren't factored into stats on psnp or TA) and it doesn't show Grounded in there at all. My achievement streak is also wrong, its 47 days, but shows as 26 (probably due to time zone or something?). 

Yeah, my longest streak is also wrong. It says 18 days from April 1 to 18. In reality, it's 119 days, from March 28 to July 24. I started it right before GSL and just continued with it until I lost internet for about 3 weeks.

Also missing two completed games. From what I can gather, it's the Web and iOS versions of Wordament. My played games is 22 less on TA than it is on XBA, but I'm not going to look for them.

I too have some 0G games in my profile, so I'm sure that that's throwing my played games number off as TA doesn't count them. I do know that your played games and achievements are taken directly from xbox.com, so it's possible that even some hidden games on xbox are coming through.

All the information for franchise/publisher/developer/genre/etc. comes directly from data entered on XBA, so there's some inconsistencies with that information because things might be incorrect (misspellings, franchise not entered, publishers having different names, etc).

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

1 hour ago, Gilbert Prime said:

Is paid DLC automatically counting toward a title's completion % driven by technical reasons or by principle? I didn't agree with that back in the manual checklist days and I'm not thrilled to see it carry over to the automatic tracking system.

DLC is part of a game’s achievement list, plain and simple. Would be nice if Microsoft tracked it separately somehow or had a Platinum Trophy equivalent to help differentiate when you completed a base list and didn’t partake in the future content but we don’t have that luxury on Xbox.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

All the information for franchise/publisher/developer/genre/etc. comes directly from data entered on XBA, so there's some inconsistencies with that information because things might be incorrect (misspellings, franchise not entered, publishers having different names, etc).

Those are also real askew for me. It only shows me playing like 6 different devs and publishers, 1 game each when I have 14. I think some are obscure titles, so I’d imagine all the details mightn’t  be entered for them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Those are also real askew for me. It only shows me playing like 6 different devs and publishers, 1 game each when I have 14. I think some are obscure titles, so I’d imagine all the details mightn’t  be entered for them.

I'm currently going through the more popular titles to make sure that they're all consistent (I've done LEGO and Call of Duty so far), but it's a slow process, especially for the thousands of games on site. Rx mentioned that everything eventually will be pulled from xbox.com, however, except I would imagine Franchise. Dev/pub/genre are attributes for every game on xbox.com. We'll see.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Just now, bLaKgRaVy said:

I'm currently going through the more popular titles to make sure that they're all consistent, but it's a slow process, especially for the thousands of games on site. Rx mentioned that everything eventually will be pulled from xbox.com, however, except I would imagine Franchise. Dev/pub/genre are attributes for every game on xbox.com. We'll see.

We had similar troubles on PST's side. Rx should be able to do mass updates for any games with a lot of games in the series.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

I'm currently going through the more popular titles to make sure that they're all consistent (I've done LEGO and Call of Duty so far), but it's a slow process, especially for the thousands of games on site. Rx mentioned that everything eventually will be pulled from xbox.com, however, except I would imagine Franchise. Dev/pub/genre are attributes for every game on xbox.com. We'll see.

I can imagine it is a cumbersome procedure. Don’t forget the simulator games, those are my bread and butter.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Trombonafide said:

I saw that you can be scanned more frequently as a subscriber, but I can find zero info on how to become a subscriber. 

Towards the bottom of the article (before the Settings image) is a link to become a subscriber.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-39872-xbox-achievements-automated-achievement-tracking-is-now-live-.html

Along with the hourly scans, these are the current benefits for subscribers, minus the Max Clubs things (as MC is currently on hold right now).

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/394820-subscribing-to-xba-faq/

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

Towards the bottom of the article (before the Settings image) is a link to become a subscriber.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-39872-xbox-achievements-automated-achievement-tracking-is-now-live-.html

Along with the hourly scans, these are the current benefits for subscribers, minus the Max Clubs things (as MC is currently on hold right now).

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/394820-subscribing-to-xba-faq/

Thanks. I suppose I am illiterate, because I thought I read the article in its entirety. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• bLaKgRaVy locked and unpinned this topic