Automatic Tracking is Now Live!

The Pants Party

The Subscriptions will (at some point) show up under the forum's Browse menu.

I imagine there will be a front page space for it whenever they flesh out the subscriber perks and start advertising it a bit more instead of a one-liner in a long article that some people may skim through or skip blocks or lines. But I can't imagine any of y'all would do...

1 hour ago, Trombonafide said:

Thanks. I suppose I am illiterate, because I thought I read the article in its entirety. 

...that. :francis:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, The Pants Party said:

DLC is part of a game’s achievement list, plain and simple. Would be nice if Microsoft tracked it separately somehow or had a Platinum Trophy equivalent to help differentiate when you completed a base list and didn’t partake in the future content but we don’t have that luxury on Xbox.

Except that True Achievements doesn't count a DLC set against your completion rate until you earn an achievement in it so it's possible. It's a drag to see several incompletes on my XBA game list caused by DLC which I thought was either overpriced or unfun alternative play modes.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Gilbert Prime said:

Except that True Achievements doesn't count a DLC set against your completion rate until you earn an achievement in it so it's possible. It's a drag to see several incompletes on my XBA game list caused by DLC which I thought was either overpriced or unfun alternative play modes.

Yeah but here on XBA, a completion has always been defined as all available achievements in the game, regardless if you don't want to pay for some of the content. All of our Max Clubs clubs couldn't be joined unless you had all achievements in a game, not just the ones you wanted to play. So we have retained that definition for our automated tracking and Max Clubs. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gilbert Prime said:

Sorry you feel that way. We get our stats directly from xbox.com, so if they count all DLC, then we do too. We don't yet have the level of customization TA has. In time, maybe, but for now, all DLC is a part of the game. This has been debated forever, but frankly, as Pants said, "DLC is part of a game’s achievement list, plain and simple."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEG23 said:

Just in regards to DLC. My completion percentage is showing as 86% which is my % when not counting DLC, it should be about 77% when including DLC, yet it shows my 100% game count as 301 which is my count when including DLC. Not sure if this is normal or a bug.

Interesting. Let me pass that up and see what the plan was. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 1:39 PM, Gilbert Prime said:

That's a setting on TA for that though. My account was always defaulted to counting DLC regardless if I started it or not. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 3:13 AM, exit9500 said:

On 9/24/2021 at 5:03 PM, Rainith said:

I notice there are "streaks" which are calculated now.  Assuming this is similar to TA, is there a way to set your timezone so as to accurately reflect when exactly your 24 hour period is for each day.  Or are our streaks now reliant on the site's time zone?

Really hope so as my 1577 day streak is apparently 4 days in the time zone they are using.  With a 13 day max streak.

Another vote for being able to set your timezone, that will also take account of local Daylight savings as there are different rules around the world.  ATM, they look to be based on UTC which caused a break in my streak on a day that I only got 1 achievement at 00:11 BST on 22 July 20, so it is taken as 23:11 UTC on 21 July 20.

My streak is also showing another break as it is missing the "Climbing the Cog" achievement from Limbo on 10 September 21.  Played Games shows 11/13 achievements with a score of 800/1000, but the checklist is showing 10 achievements with a score of 730.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:56 PM, Ashleyc said:

Amazing! So glad it's here!

One suggestion from the off (unless I've overlooked it) - is it possible to have a function to hide games from "played" if they have 0 achievements on them? I have a bunch I've opened to get a Gamepass point reward and immediately closed again. I know you can hide them via the Xbox achievements interface on the console itself so not a huge deal but figured I'd mention it anyways.

+1 on this as well.

Another feature request would be to hide/ignore "Apps" that have achievements, but no score.  e.g. You Tube or Amazon Instant Video.  The progress bars don't work for them either.  I've got 9/9 on the Amazon one, but it is showing 0%.

Anyway, big thanks to the powers that be for doing all this :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andori said:

Another vote for being able to set your timezone, that will also take account of local Daylight savings as there are different rules around the world.  ATM, they look to be based on UTC which caused a break in my streak on a day that I only got 1 achievement at 00:11 BST on 22 July 20, so it is taken as 23:11 UTC on 21 July 20.

My streak is also showing another break as it is missing the "Climbing the Cog" achievement from Limbo on 10 September 21.  Played Games shows 11/13 achievements with a score of 800/1000, but the checklist is showing 10 achievements with a score of 730.

+1 on this as well.

Another feature request would be to hide/ignore "Apps" that have achievements, but no score.  e.g. You Tube or Amazon Instant Video.  The progress bars don't work for them either.  I've got 9/9 on the Amazon one, but it is showing 0%.

Anyway, big thanks to the powers that be for doing all this :)

I'm not sure if the time zone request has been passed on, so I'll do that. 

Weird you're seeing apps on your profile. Those are supposed to be ignored. It was something that was worked on for a couple weeks. I'll pass it on to Rx. We purposely didn't go live until he'd cleared all those 0g apps and games from our profiles (the staff who were testing). 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 11:07 AM, The Pants Party said:

Achievement Log:

This one's fairly simple, just a chronological list of all your recently unlocked achievements. Nice and pretty to look at. Once again, click "Load More" at the bottom to see further back.

Great job on the update guys! This is awesome. On the Achievement Log, I'm not seeing any images. It applies to all my games and there are images in the Achievement List/Guide for the games in question. It looks something like this in the log:

DoctorLark unlocked an achievement in The BIGS
25 September 2021
no img
He's on fire!

Issue on my end or nah? Thanks!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thescottydude94 said:

Is there a way to change the profile that is being tracked? Mine has automatically set to an old profile instead of my new up to date one and I can't find the option to change it

I just checked and 'Thescottydude94' has a profile and tracking. It is based on the gamertag entered in your forum profile you are signed in on, which is 'Thescottydude94'. Your XBA tracking profile is current with your xbox.com account. What profile name is showing?

7 hours ago, Ashleyc said:

Um, so is the automatic tracking actually working? The last achievement on my Achievement Log is all the way back on the 17th September.

It's working fine for me. My last achievement was on the 25th of Sept and it's showing correctly (and all previous ones for Sept). So the system is actually working. I'll pass on the issue though. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, EXTR3M3 G4M3R said:

For some reason my gamertag still is not being tracked, it has been entered into the queue on the 24th. Should I continue to wait or is there something else i need to do?

That's odd. I checked two of the games you played, Dead by Daylight and Slayaway Camp. You indeed have tracking in both those games, but they both have your gamertag as 'EXTR3M3+G4M3R'. When I click your name, this message pops up on a white screen: "Profile is either in the queue or does not exist. Please try again later. #002".

I have no idea why there's a plus sign in your gamertag as there are others with spaces in them that click fine. I'll kick this up to admin and hopefully have an answer for you soon. Stay tuned!

1 hour ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

That's odd. I checked two of the games you played, Dead by Daylight and Slayaway Camp. You indeed have tracking in both those games, but they both have your gamertag as 'EXTR3M3+G4M3R'. When I click your name, this message pops up on a white screen: "Profile is either in the queue or does not exist. Please try again later. #002".

I have no idea why there's a plus sign in your gamertag as there are others with spaces in them that click fine. I'll kick this up to admin and hopefully have an answer for you soon. Stay tuned!

Thanks so much for the quick response! I appreciate you kicking this up a notch and see what might be the issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

I found out the issue! When i added my gamertag to the Queue, it was set to have all capital letters in it but my gamertag is mostly all lowercase. So once I changed that it recognized it right away :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EXTR3M3 G4M3R said:

I found out the issue! When i added my gamertag to the Queue, it was set to have all capital letters in it but my gamertag is mostly all lowercase. So once I changed that it recognized it right away :)

Oh really? Strange that something like that would matter. I’m just glad it was a simple fix!

Another question, should the checklist page (My Checklists | XboxAchievements.com) automatically update when set to automatic tracking (for viewing achievement lists and guides)?

My latest 2 achievements in "A Plague Tale: Innocence" are showing correctly on the achievement list (currently at 18/35 with a total of 330/1000), but on the "My Checklist Page" it hasn't taken account of them (showing 16/35, 285/1000).  My played games progress is correct.

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, Ashleyc said:

Um, so is the automatic tracking actually working? The last achievement on my Achievement Log is all the way back on the 17th September.

Same issue for me. Pulled my achievements on the day things launched and no updates since - gamerscore and Log haven't changed. I've fully completed Adventure Time since and nothing is showing.

A number of other issues that might be just me but maybe impact other people.

1) It says I've unlocked only 985 achievements total and have 15 left to unlock. When in reality I've got over 22k......

2) Shows me having 100% completion in every Most Popular Genre in my top five - which seems impossible.

3) Same as above for most popular publisher (including a load I don't even own all the games for) - except I also somehow have 100.14% completion for Bethesda Softworks.

4) Same for most popular franchise for achievements - this time I have 100.71% for Dead Rising (not played them all) and 100.26% for Gears of War (not played them all).

5) Also my best streak only shows 11 days from this year, when I've had at least 50 days before. Does this maybe only track the last 12 months?

Unrelated but is there someway we can view other peoples stats? As that would be pretty handy - same for being able to easily compare with other people. Assume that's in the works if not.

• Thanks 1

• bLaKgRaVy locked and unpinned this topic