Troubles Logging in to XBA site via iPad

hoferchr

Hello.  I bought a new iPad Air (4th gen) earlier this year, and I access your website and my account primarily on this device.  I’m not sure how long this has been occurring, but after I enter in my username/password to log in, I am taken directly to a page full of web code instead of seeing a GUI of your website.  I’m not sure if this is isolated to logging in to your site via a mobile device or not, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.  The only way I’m able to get to my account after seeing this page of code is to use the Safari browser’s “Back” button, and then I can access my account.  Any way you can fix this on your website?  I’m not sure if others are experiencing this, either.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, hoferchr said:

Hello.  I bought a new iPad Air (4th gen) earlier this year, and I access your website and my account primarily on this device.  I’m not sure how long this has been occurring, but after I enter in my username/password to log in, I am taken directly to a page full of web code instead of seeing a GUI of your website.  I’m not sure if this is isolated to logging in to your site via a mobile device or not, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.  The only way I’m able to get to my account after seeing this page of code is to use the Safari browser’s “Back” button, and then I can access my account.  Any way you can fix this on your website?  I’m not sure if others are experiencing this, either.  Thanks!

Hmm that is very strange and I don’t have an immediate answer. I’m going to kick this up to RoutineX, our coder who is responsible for the update. Hopefully he can reply promptly. Our apologies. 

EDIT - I just logged out and got the same thing. Logged back in, yep. Pressed Back and the forums appeared. Rx thinks he knows what the issue is (had the same issue on PST). 

EDIT 2 (11:45pm ET) - About two hours ago, Rx said he found the issue and fixed it, but that it was likely cached and would take some time to take effect. A few minutes ago, I logged out and then back in with no issue. Just now, however, I logged out again and got that web code screen again. I pressed Back and it was a blank screen so I refreshed the page and I was indeed logged out of XBA. Logged back in and was hit with the web code page again. Pressed Back did nothing, so I opened a new tab, loaded the site and I was logged in. So I guess it's still an issue. FYI, I'm using Safari on an iPhone 11. I'll hit up Rx again tomorrow.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Thank you for all the updates so far.  I appreciate it.  I tried logging in just now, and the same thing is still happening on my end.  No change from when I initially posted yesterday.

Also, does the site auto log out after a certain period of time?  It seems like it’s logging me out after a few hours of inactivity?  It’s a bit annoying to have to re-log in…especially when the issue with the code is still an issue.  But, I understand if auto logging out is more of a security thing.

45 minutes ago, hoferchr said:

Thank you for all the updates so far.  I appreciate it.  I tried logging in just now, and the same thing is still happening on my end.  No change from when I initially posted yesterday.

Also, does the site auto log out after a certain period of time?  It seems like it’s logging me out after a few hours of inactivity?  It’s a bit annoying to have to re-log in…especially when the issue with the code is still an issue.  But, I understand if auto logging out is more of a security thing.

Thanks. I've submitted your issue again. Hopefully Rx can find the bug. FYI, I just logged out on my phone and I'm still getting the bug, too.

What I'm doing is since I have the site bookmarked, whenever I log out (or in) and I get the code bug, instead of refreshing (which does nothing), I go to my bookmarks and just reload the site that way. I've had no issues doing that, and it remembers if I'm logged in or out. It's just one more step that really requires no effort (if you have the site bookmarked).

Before the update in November 2020, I would get logged out if I was inactive for 5-10 minutes. It was very annoying if I was doing site work or publishing a guide. Now, post-update, I don't get logged out unless I do it manually. I had always thought it had something to do with my cache or cookies, but I never found the root of the problem, but I have never changed anything and now I don't get logged out. Very weird. As far as I know, other staff doesn't have log out issues, either. I do know there's a 'Remember Me' check box when you log in. Perhaps that has something to do with it (mine is checked by default)?

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Coming back to this. I logged into PST on my phone on Saturday and I got code bug still. Selected the site in my bookmarks and it took me to the front page and I was signed in. I'll buzz Rx about this again this week.

For a quick workaround, anyone who has experienced this bug might want to bookmark both XBA and PST (or each site you use) and just load the site that way after you experience the bug. Not a fix, just a workaround that works.