Am I dense? Adding a game to Checklists....

B Bestvin

2 hours ago, B Bestvin said:

I have a bunch of games in my Checklist from the previous site design, but with the new site design, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add new games to My Checklist...any advice?!

Since the introduction of automatic tracking last month, the site defaults you to an automatic feed. It is still possible to switch to manual so you can still use checklists.

To access the Settings: if on the front page, click your name in the top right of the screen. If in the forums, click 'My Stats' in the top right of the screen.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/profiles/B+Bestvin

You will see your profile with a menu on the left. Click 'Settings' and at the bottom there are two drop down menus. Change them both to 'Manual (Checklist)' and every list you previously enabled will have check boxes.

Changes to tracking:

This profile is the new feature of the site that was introduced in September 2021. It automatically tracks all your games and achievements you've unlocked and is updated once every 24 hours. These stats will be always available to you regardless if you've chosen Manual or Automatic tracking. Automatic tracking in essence replaced the checklist system, but you do still have the option to use them if you want.

If you have it set to Automatic, when you look at a list, it's supposed to show you which achievements you've unlocked (or not if you have the 'Show Completed Achievements' toggle set to 'off'). Currently, this feature is working on only some games, and it's a bug we hope to have fixed soon so it's 100%.

Checklists are 100% manual. What you've checked off will not show if you have your feed set to Automatic. You can switch to Manual, check achievements and they'll save, but when you switch back to Automatic, they will not register; only what you have unlocked for real will show (when it's working). But... if you switch back again to Manual, what you've checked off will still be checked.

If you are using the checklists, the message at the top of the screen (You have # achievements with a total of # points) will change as you check achievements off, but because the site now uses automatic tracking directly from xbox.com, the leaderboards for that game as well as your XBA profile will always have what you've actually unlocked. For example, you have unlocked 500G in a game but you've checked all the boxes; the leaderboards and your profile will still say you've only unlocked 500G regardless of what you've checked off.

You can certainly keep using Manual tracking so you can keep track of your achievements if you want to. When the bug is fixed, however, your unlocked achievements will show on each game's list properly so there's no real reason to use the checklists.

Ok, this makes a lot of sense.  So what I should really be doing is adding my games to my collection and viewing them from there?  I think I mainly liked the checklist for the way that all my games are listed and the achievement totals for each, rather than actually doing the manual checking piece.

On 10/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, bLaKgRaVy said:

Since the introduction of automatic tracking last month, the site defaults you to an automatic feed. It is still possible to switch to manual so you can still use checklists.

To access the Settings: if on the front page, click your name in the top right of the screen. If in the forums, click 'My Stats' in the top right of the screen.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/profiles/B+Bestvin

You will see your profile with a menu on the left. Click 'Settings' and at the bottom there are two drop down menus. Change them both to 'Manual (Checklist)' and every list you previously enabled will have check boxes.

Changes to tracking:

This profile is the new feature of the site that was introduced in September 2021. It automatically tracks all your games and achievements you've unlocked and is updated once every 24 hours. These stats will be always available to you regardless if you've chosen Manual or Automatic tracking. Automatic tracking in essence replaced the checklist system, but you do still have the option to use them if you want.

If you have it set to Automatic, when you look at a list, it's supposed to show you which achievements you've unlocked (or not if you have the 'Show Completed Achievements' toggle set to 'off'). Currently, this feature is working on only some games, and it's a bug we hope to have fixed soon so it's 100%.

Checklists are 100% manual. What you've checked off will not show if you have your feed set to Automatic. You can switch to Manual, check achievements and they'll save, but when you switch back to Automatic, they will not register; only what you have unlocked for real will show (when it's working). But... if you switch back again to Manual, what you've checked off will still be checked.

If you are using the checklists, the message at the top of the screen (You have # achievements with a total of # points) will change as you check achievements off, but because the site now uses automatic tracking directly from xbox.com, the leaderboards for that game as well as your XBA profile will always have what you've actually unlocked. For example, you have unlocked 500G in a game but you've checked all the boxes; the leaderboards and your profile will still say you've only unlocked 500G regardless of what you've checked off.

You can certainly keep using Manual tracking so you can keep track of your achievements if you want to. When the bug is fixed, however, your unlocked achievements will show on each game's list properly so there's no real reason to use the checklists.

So that being said, is there a way to view all of my games in a format similar to the my checklists setup?  I noticed when looking at my collection that it's simply a list of the games I own, but does not show the achievements for each unless I click on each individual game.  I guess I like the ability to see the games and totals at a glance.  I'm ok with the automatic tracking piece.

2 minutes ago, B Bestvin said:

Ok, this makes a lot of sense.  So what I should really be doing is adding my games to my collection and viewing them from there?  I think I mainly liked the checklist for the way that all my games are listed and the achievement totals for each, rather than actually doing the manual checking piece.

Yeah, you can do that too. I personally don’t use checklists or My Collection because all the games I’ve played are in my feed/profile under Played Games, but since I have almost 700 of them, finding a game could be tedious. But if you want quicker access by adding them to My Collection, you can do it. 👍

Checklists, in all honesty, is a redundant feature now, but it is an option for those that still want to check off their achievements. Old habits are hard to break. ;)  

Know that currently there is no sort feature for My Collection or My Wishlist. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 11:05 AM, bLaKgRaVy said:

Yeah, you can do that too. I personally don’t use checklists or My Collection because all the games I’ve played are in my feed/profile under Played Games, but since I have almost 700 of them, finding a game could be tedious. But if you want quicker access by adding them to My Collection, you can do it. 👍

Checklists, in all honesty, is a redundant feature now, but it is an option for those that still want to check off their achievements. Old habits are hard to break. ;)  

Know that currently there is no sort feature for My Collection or My Wishlist. 

It looks like there is no way to enable checklists for games anymore...is that true?  It was working when I last posted in this topic.  I'm not seeing the option now though.  I agree with what you said above, that's it kind of redundant.  I actually am OK with the checklists auto-updating based on the achievements I've unlocked, but I like being able to have my games in order and I use Checklists to track just the games I'm currently working on.  Easier than scrolling through the other lists...

3 hours ago, B Bestvin said:

It looks like there is no way to enable checklists for games anymore...is that true?  It was working when I last posted in this topic.  I'm not seeing the option now though.  I agree with what you said above, that's it kind of redundant.  I actually am OK with the checklists auto-updating based on the achievements I've unlocked, but I like being able to have my games in order and I use Checklists to track just the games I'm currently working on.  Easier than scrolling through the other lists...

If you switch to Manual, you can enable checklists and check off achievements. It can only be done if your settings are set to Manual. Once you change to Automatic, you cannot enable checklists (unless you haven’t earned any achievements) nor can you check off achievements. You can switch back and forth. 

Even if you keep your settings to Manual, your Played Games and Achievement Log in your profile are still updated.