Auto Tracking Not Working / Gamertag Not Scanning / Checklist Inquiries *POST HERE*

Hookshot Mallard

Hi bLakgRaVy/Necrophage33, I'm another of those people with a space in their gamertag. (There are apparently dozens of us.)

When I discovered that tracking was re-enabled, I noticed that my profile hadn't been updated in 4 - now 5 - months. But I'm not too bothered about that at the moment, and I can patiently wait for the upcoming global fix for my stats to be updated. However...

When trying to re-link my gamertag (hoping to maybe force an update, and before I had read the forum thread here) I managed to accidentally create a sort of duplicate entry of my gamertag on game leaderboards. My proper gamertag (JBS 80) appears on leaderboards with my profile picture, and the fake dupe (jbs+80) appears with the same achievements/gamerscore, but with a "no image" pic. You can see examples of this issue here and here. EDIT: Now fixed. Thanks bLaKgaVy & Rx.

Hopefully this hasn't created too much of a headache for you to rectify. Apologies in advance, and keep up the good work!

Edited by TheQuiff
Updated info.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheQuiff said:

Hi bLakgRaVy/Necrophage33, I'm another of those people with a space in their gamertag. (There are apparently dozens of us.)

When I discovered that tracking was re-enabled, I noticed that my profile hadn't been updated in 4 - now 5 - months. But I'm not too bothered about that at the moment, and I can patiently wait for the upcoming global fix for my stats to be updated. However...

When trying to re-link my gamertag (hoping to maybe force an update, and before I had read the forum thread here) I managed to accidentally create a sort of duplicate entry of my gamertag on game leaderboards. My proper gamertag (JBS 80) appears on leaderboards with my profile picture, and the fake dupe (jbs+80) appears with the same achievements/gamerscore, but with a "no image" pic. You can see examples of this issue here and here.

Hopefully this hasn't created too much of a headache for you to rectify. Apologies in advance, and keep up the good work!

Yeah, this is beyond what we as forum staff can do. I've notified our programmer, Rx, and maybe he can make heads or tails of it. Stay tuned.

EDIT - Rx deleted both tags from the leaderboards then readded ‘JBS 80’. Your stats have been updated and both leaderboards you linked above are now correct. Thanks!

Edited by bLaKgRaVy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

Yeah, this is beyond what we as forum staff can do. I've notified our programmer, Rx, and maybe he can make heads or tails of it. Stay tuned.

EDIT - Rx deleted both tags from the leaderboards then readded ‘JBS 80’. Your stats have been updated and both leaderboards you linked above are now correct. Thanks!

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: I forgot we could react to posts now (like, thanks, etc.) so I now realise that I didn't need to post a reply. Anyway, while I'm here I guess should explain how I caused the issue, which might help you understand how it happened, for future reference.

Basically, I had tried to re-link my GT in all lowercase letters (I remembered this being a workaround on the old version of the site). Maybe the leaderboard code treats GTs as case-sensitive or something? Or, hopefully, it was just a weird one-off occurrence that won't happen again, and you won't have to deal with a similar issue anymore.

Edited by TheQuiff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheQuiff said:

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: I forgot we could react to posts now (like, thanks, etc.) so I now realise that I didn't need to post a reply. Anyway, while I'm here I guess should explain how I caused the issue, which might help you understand how it happened, for future reference.

Basically, I had tried to re-link my GT in all lowercase letters (I remembered this being a workaround on the old version of the site). Maybe the leaderboard code treats GTs as case-sensitive or something? Or, hopefully, it was just a weird one-off occurrence that won't happen again, and you won't have to deal with a similar issue anymore.

No worries. 🙂

I seem to remember something about relinking or doing something with your tag to get it to update around 2014. This absolutely won’t work now (as you found out). There is currently nothing a user can do to get their tag to scan. I’ve asked Rx on occasion if he plans to add a button so users can update themselves (similar to TA) but haven’t gotten a yes, no or maybe. Time will tell. 

And yes, gamertags are case sensitive. If it’s not correct in your site profile, it will not be scanned. 

On 2/17/2022 at 6:05 PM, bLaKgRaVy said:

According to your Xbox profile, it appears to be private as it doesn’t show any games or gamerscore. It needs to be public so XBA can scan it. 

This was mentioned to you back in December. 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/486077-auto-tracking-issues/

Is there any tutorial I can get redirected to to make my account public? It used to detect it before I changed my name a while back

13 minutes ago, Quo1221 said:

Is there any tutorial I can get redirected to to make my account public? It used to detect it before I changed my name a while back

It needs to be done in your account settings on Microsoft.com. It's not an XBA issue. If you Google it, results will turn up.

4 hours ago, Chop Stewey said:

Hi hello! 

I'm hoping I can get my tag reset, as it hasn't been updated since it first synced. Pesky spaces in my gamertag. 

Thanks in advance!

Hey, I’ve gone ahead and reset your tag. It should be scanned soon. Sorry about that. :) 

EDIT - You’re all set!

https://www.xboxachievements.com/profiles/Chop+Stewey

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

On 3/1/2022 at 8:09 AM, holdawas said:

Hi there, I've linked my account some time ago but it's not updating. When I re-enter my gamer tag I get the message 'User has already been added. Please check back later.'.

As stated previously, in order to track, your gamertag is case sensitive, meaning it has to be exact; upper and lower case letters. The gamertag you have in your profile, the ‘H’ is not capitalized. Please edit your profile to correct this and post back here once it’s done so I can reset you. 

spacer.png

^^ ‘H’ needs to be capitalized 

spacer.png

Edited by bLaKgRaVy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alty640 said:

Hi All. I just created my account last evening and definitely got the order of operations wrong and had the scan run before my achievements were public. I believe that should be fixed now. Any way I can get a rescan to get my account updated? Thanks!

I have gone ahead and reset you. Your profile should be scanned soon depending on how many tags are before yours. Thanks!

EDIT - You're all set!

https://www.xboxachievements.com/profiles/Alty640

Edited by bLaKgRaVy
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 4:02 PM, bLaKgRaVy said:

As stated previously, in order to track, your gamertag is case sensitive, meaning it has to be exact; upper and lower case letters. The gamertag you have in your profile, the ‘H’ is not capitalized. Please edit your profile to correct this and post back here once it’s done so I can reset you. 

Apologies - I honestly thought it was with the lowercase H! All sorted now - cheers!

11 hours ago, holdawas said:

Apologies - I honestly thought it was with the lowercase H! All sorted now - cheers!

No worries. I’ve gone ahead and reset your tag. It should be scanned soon. Thanks again. :) 

EDIT - You’re all set!

https://www.xboxachievements.com/profiles/Holdawas

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

1 hour ago, Lord Brutality said:

Like many others here, my gamertag hasn't updated in 3 months. Any help here would be hot!

I got you. You've been reset. Give it a few minutes and you should be scanned in. 

Edit: you'll all set. 

Edited by Necrophage33
  • Thanks 1

So I noticed that for my new game WWE 2K22 on Xbox One, the auto tracking doesn't seem to be working. Normally after I get an achievement, the checklist goes from the manual one to the auto tracking list after a day or so. However, for WWE 2K22 it has yet to change after at least 2 days. In fact, it seems that on My Stats, it shows my current actual gamerscore, but when I go to My Checklists, the gamerscore is about 1000 points lower. Does it need a reset or is there just something I'm missing here?

Edit: My gamertag is RustySteeleRHK as well, almost forgot that part.

Edited by RustySteele
forgot gamertag

19 hours ago, RustySteele said:

So I noticed that for my new game WWE 2K22 on Xbox One, the auto tracking doesn't seem to be working. Normally after I get an achievement, the checklist goes from the manual one to the auto tracking list after a day or so. However, for WWE 2K22 it has yet to change after at least 2 days. In fact, it seems that on My Stats, it shows my current actual gamerscore, but when I go to My Checklists, the gamerscore is about 1000 points lower. Does it need a reset or is there just something I'm missing here?

I am looking into this. Stay tuned.

11 hours ago, acdougla17 said:

My profile has not been updated in 4 months. Is there any ETA on when there will be a fix for people with spaces in their GT?

I've gone ahead and reset your tag, so it should be scanned soon. I just pinged Rx about the tag spaces but as of right now I can't say when it'll be fixed. Sorry. 

EDIT - You're all set.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/profiles/Th3+Dude+17

10 hours ago, HUNK USS said:

My profile hasn't updated for over a month, what i need do to update him?

I've gone ahead and reset your tag, so it should be scanned soon. Users cannot update themselves; only staff can, so if you continue to have issues, please post here.

I have moved your post to this thread because this thread contains all available information about updating your tag. As posted earlier in this thread, tags with spaces in them (like yours) are still having issues. Again, please post in this thread if you have further issues, and feel free to read through the rest of the posts to familiarize yourself with any and all issues. Thanks.

EDIT - You're all set.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/profiles/Im+HUNK+USSz

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to Auto Tracking Not Working / Checklist Inquiries *POST HERE*
  • bLaKgRaVy pinned this topic
12 hours ago, RustySteele said:

1 hour ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

I am looking into this. Stay tuned.

FYI, we can't see your personal checklist (or collection/wishlist for that matter), only your My Stats, Played Games and Achievement Log.

Okay, so you say your checklist is not showing the correct gamerscore but your My Stats is? That's because unless you actually check off the achievements you've earned in games in your checklist, the gamerscore won't increase. The checklist is 100% manual and does not update as you earn achievements; it is not a part of the automatic tracking process and kind of a leftover relic from before the November 2020 site update. If you want to continue using the checklist, to check off the achievements, you need to change your settings to Manual. Then, when you select any game in your checklist, it will have the check boxes next to the achievements you have not checked off yet. You can change back to Automatic at any time and what you've checked off will remain, but if you want to check more off, you need to switch back to Manual.

The fact that WWE2K22 is not showing up in your Played Games but is in your Achievement Log is a completely separate issue. The site is tracking your gamerscore in it, which is why it's correct in My Stats. I will ping Rx and ask that the game be rescanned (or whatever he needs to do) so it shows up in your Played Games. The leaderboards for that game is showing that no one has played it, so it's a game issue, not a profile one. :)

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to Auto Tracking Not Working / Gamertag Not Scanning / Checklist Inquiries *POST HERE*