Rate the last movie you saw

3whiplash

12 Angry Men (1957) - ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ - Believe it or not, I've only seen this film once, and this was it. If you're not afraid of black and white movies you have to watch this. The intensity remains and doesn't die down, from start to finish. The setting is basic, featuring only four different environment, but the dialogue is everything. Every single word spoken is relevant to both the story and the character's personalities, does not serve as pointless filler, and it works tremendously with the setting. Take notes Mr Bay. This film is perfect.

Made in Britain (1982) - ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ - Now, chances are you've never heard of this movie, however, if you're familiar with Tim Roth, Scum, or Alan Clarke, then you may want to watch it. The story focuses on Trevor, who spends his days racially abusing Pakistanis, wrecking the Job Centre, sniffing glue, and stealing cars, for no reason other than he wants to be a nuisance. Don't expect a happy ending, you won't get one, this isn't the feel good hit of the summer, it's a gritty representation of a working class school dropout in Thatcher's Britain. My only criticism is that the scenes could have been put together a little better, they sort of come and go in a flash.

The Long Good Friday (1980) - ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ - In my personal opinion, this is one of the greatest gangster movies ever made, and served to put Bob Hoskins on the map. It's not full of action scenes, nor is it full of brilliant dialogue, but the story is genuine, and sort of tragic when you see the intentions of Bob Hoskin's character, and the trouble that's been dumped in his lap. If you start watching this expecting The Godfather, think again, it's a different ball game entirely. I have the same criticism with this as I did with Made in Britain though, the editing is, in sort parts, a bit dodgey.

The Thing (2011) - ♠ ♠ - I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed this, quite a lot. I did find myself struggling to not compare it to John Carpenter's The Thing, but the more I did, the more I liked it, strangely. It's no secret, it's a prequel, and the film ends where the 1982 version begins, but the way this one begins does explain to some extent the origins of the "thing" and how it got loose, which is good for me because I always enjoy an explanation rather than being left to guess. The acting in remakes is usually exactly how you expect it to be, awful, but The Thing seems to be the outcast, because the acting really isn't that bad, Mary Elizabeth Winstead's performance I would actually consider to be exceptional for a horror remake. One thing that really bothered me about this though was the CGI, and more specifically, the "thing" forms. What I mean by that is, they looked like creatures you'd see in Dead Space, both graphically and the design, almost as though the special effects team were playing Dead Space while working on the movie. I genuinely would have liked the creatures designs more if they'd done it the old fashioned way, which is exactly what I love about John Carpenter's The Thing. The creature models were basic, yet disturbing enough to bring me close to vomiting the first time I saw it. Apart from that and some, ahem, pretty questionable acting, I found this to be not even nearly as bad as most remakes are these days.

How old are you? I don't mean to offend, but, how old are you?

I'm 19. Is there a problem with watching a good movie? Is there? You should've asked Linkin Benjamin on page 45 the same question since he watched the movie and gave it a 10 as well.

Edited by i got squeezed

The Hunger Games - 6.5/10

I can understand the hype behind it. Jennifer Lawrence did well. I prefered her style better in Winter's Bone, but oh well.

The film was nice, overall, but Battle Royale is the superior film in my mind. More action packed, less serious at times. The guy who played The Teacher was too amazing for words.

What really irked me when watching The Hunger Games was how the camera jolted about even when people were just calmly talking. It felt like I was watching Cloverfield.

Fight Club - 7.5/10

Another film I don't really understand how people are exclaiming "OMG THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!11!!" I get the message Fight Club tries to convey. I find it inspiring with how actual people even started their own Fight Club after watching the movie. The acting is great. But the plot was predictable. Maybe I've seen too many movies.