Achievement Guide

deathchant

• 7 months later...

First of all, nice Guide for the most part....especially for a Guide that doesn't really lend itself to writing anything truly concrete as far as the game play goes. Any game with cards being drawn and dice being rolled can never be 100% easy ( or even possible ) to write for. I commend you for even trying, really.

That being said:

Not trying to hurt your feelings or anything, but the Guide should be edited as far as the "Kin" Achievements go. You clearly state that NO Items or Spells can be used...and as stated a few times already - that is false. Either edit the description to include the possibility of a glitch or change it all together. Everyone that I know with the "Kin", including all of the people at the definitive Culdcept site ( CuldceptCentral.com ), have used both Items AND Spells. Of course you can get the Achievement using ONLY creatures of the proper color, that goes without saying...but it CAN ( and HAS ) been accomplished with Spells and Items as well, by too many people to count.

Also, your Link to the Complete Card List is broken. You may want to add this one, from Culdcept Central, instead:

Complete Card List

It is complete, 100% accurate and broken down every way you could ask for.

As far as this game being "glitchy" concerning Achievements:

I haven't had a single Achievement glitch on me yet, not once....and neither have the other 12 people on my list that have the game. Going by your law of "4 out of 4", this game has ZERO glitches. Not saying you haven't been glitched, don't get me wrong, I am just giving you the other side of the story - with bigger numbers to "prove" it.

I have, however, read people accusing the game of glitching because they put a mutlicolored creature in a supposedly all Green Book and crying that they were robbed of the "Kin" Achievement for Green. They weren't "robbed" or "glitched"....they just weren't paying attention. It happens, especially when you've played the game for hours on end and all the cards start to melt together. My point is, there's a big difference between a game being glitchy, and people just not reporting the truly correct way to do things...or just not paying full attention to what they are doing.

thank you for the feedback. you are correct, i need to update the guide. the guide was based on how i myself did everything. as far as the kin achievements, i didnt try it with spells or whatever. other people on my friend list had tried it and i was basing my information on them. since i already had accomplished it i couldnt very well double check it unless i loaded a different gamertag and played through the game again.

• 1 month later...

Also, your Link to the Complete Card List is broken. You may want to add this one, from Culdcept Central, instead:

Complete Card List

It is complete, 100% accurate and broken down every way you could ask for.

Culdcept Central is unfortunately gone. An Excel file which shows the complete list is available however.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/441/UP0j3uM=.jpgFated Traveler30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgEncounter all characters.

After you have beaten all of story mode you will unlock the ability to go back to certain levels previously not available to play in 'story mode'. Go back to the following levels and fight the 3 'hidden' characters in addition to beating the story mode and you will unlock this achievement.

Goligan : In story mode replay the past stage "Dinar Mountains."

Najaran :In story mode replay the past stage "Omengald."

Zenith : In story mode replay the past stage "Zanador."

You can play against these characters before finishing the game, but you have to be at least as far as Grave Canyon. They're located here:

Goligan: In story mode replay the past stage "Santana Village."

Najaran: In story mode replay the past stage "Dinar Mountains."

Zenith: In story mode replay the past stage "Grave Canyon."

Edit: Officially, the achievement DID unlock for me as soon as I finished the final level, so you do NOT have to beat the game and come back, but you DO have to beat the game (since there's a new character you fight on the last level).

Edited by Jimm

• 2 months later...

The Kin to __ achievements CAN include spells and items. As long as all of the creatures are of the color the rest of the cards don't matter. I've tried this twice with a green and a red deck to 10,000 and it works regardless of spells/items.

The rest of the guide is great so far though.