hardest vocal songs on expert

Slifer7

Some of it will depend on your musical taste and your ear. I do pretty well at Long Time because I really like Boston and I know almost all of the song by heart. I can usually squeak through the stuff at the end. On the other hand, even though I like the Stones, I don't separate the lead vocals in Gimme Shelter from the other tracks, so I struggle mightily at it.

Then there's Reptilia. Take it. Please.

I also struggle with Suffragette City: that and Reptilia were the songs I tried 15+ times on Expert before passing them.

I thought Say It Ain't So was easy, but that may also relate to an earlier thread about pitch. Some people will struggle more on songs that don't fit into their natural range.

Sabotage will be very, very difficult if you don't have the calibration set correctly. (That's even more important now that the "patch" has been released.)

Welcome Home, at least the first three-fourths of it, is very hard for me. Once you get to the whoa-oh-oh-oh part, it's cake.

What's funny is that Green Grass and High Tides isn't that bad at all. Maybe that makes up for the hell that is guitar, bass, and drums.

I have to second the I Get By vote ... it's the only song that I failed during my Hard endless setlist.

I've finally figured out most of it but I'm scared to do it during my Expert Endless ... it's mostly a mental block now since I'm convinced it is the worst song on the planet. :mad:

I have to second the I Get By vote ... it's the only song that I failed during my Hard endless setlist.

I've finally figured out most of it but I'm scared to do it during my Expert Endless ... it's mostly a mental block now since I'm convinced it is the worst song on the planet. :mad:

I also hated I Get By but it really grew on me. For me, the tough part was the bridge. I actually had never played it during Vocal tour (didn't bother doing any vocal bonus songs) so the first time I played it was during Band World Tour while I was on exp bass + exp vocals.. and oh-my-god, I was completely lost and all over when it hit the fast-random-lyrics part. What a total mess. Luckily I could pick it up easily when I finally tried it on vocals alone. I think it's got a pretty cute ending.

For me, Reptilia was the hardest song to sing on expert. It took me 10-15 times to finally get 3 stars on it without failing... and my heart was beating fast at the end, whispering to myself: HOLY SHIT, DID I FINALLY PASS THIS CRAP?

Second would be the Boston track (final song on expert vocals), which took me 2-3 trys.

Other than that, I passed every other expert song on the first attempt. But maybe thats because my voice is so pretty?

The only songs I have trouble with are the ones I don't know (read: Am not familiar with). Say It Ain't So was cake for me (I was in HS when that album came out, so I overlistened to it then), and my voice fits the Southern Rock stuff really well. So, of all the songs I have on Rock Band, including the DLC, I put them ALL on my iPod on their own playlist and then put it on shuffle so I just get used to hearing the songs in any order. Run to The Hills was brutal for me at first because Dickinson sings so high, but now I just sing the chorus an octave lower and I'm golden.

If there's a certain song I'm trying to learn/polish up on, I'll make a On-the-Go playlist (which currently has Welcome Home, Foreplay/Long Time, Dani California and Dead on Arrival). My motivation in doing that is that I dual-wield to play WBT, and I usually get 98s and 99s on songs I know very well. So I'm trying to know every song very well.

I haven't tried Reptilia on Expert yet, but I'm not looking forward to it.