Game Info

Impulse

X-Blades swinging in late 2008

Anime-style third-person hack-and-slasher due on next-gen consoles and PC by the end of the year.

Female game heroines are popular these days. The most famous example is Tomb Raider's Lara Croft, of course, though she's not the only one--witness Nariko from Heavenly Sword, Jade from Beyond Good and Evil, and Joanna from Perfect Dark.

Now there's a new contender--Ayumi, who will be the star of upcoming hack-and-slash game X-Blades. Described by publisher Southpeak Interactive as "stunningly seductive yet tenacious," the blonde bombshell will use pistol blades, acrobatics, and magic spells to send enemies unfortunate enough to cross her path stylishly to their graves.

X-Blades is being developed by TopWare Interactive, and will coming to next-gen consoles and the PC in "late 2008."

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/059/ayumi588_screen.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was excited about this game until I found out it had to do with Southpeak Interactive, and from my experience with them was

Two Worlds - Glitchy and unfinished games which needed to be patched to get 1000 achievement points

Montser Madness - Glitchy and unfinished game which needs to be patched to get 1000 but never will

I am assuming X-blades will explode like deadly shrapnel the moment I put it in my x-box and erase my gamerscore.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...