Achievement Guide

Khaos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it is covered, did not read everything but I got the "It'll Cost Ya" achievement without finishing my taxi ride. Before unlocking the second island I was in the industrial area, called a taxi and told him to take me to the safehouse. We got stuck right before getting off the bridge (someone crashed into the gate) and I gave up and got out. As I got out I got the achievement.

Ive got the Liberty City (5) Achievement with

- Roman

- Brucie

- Little Jacob

- Dwayne

- Packie

That where the only 5 I could get likeliness and respect from in my stats.

Also noticed that

- Little Jacob does not like to be called before 12 am.

- Brucie does not like to be called before 8 am.

- Packie does not like to be called before 4 pm.

You could call them before that but they don't want do anything and there respect and likeliness will go down.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/zs/Ea/1oCLiGJhbC81CxoEGlxTVkYyL2FjaC8wLzFBAAAAAOfn5-k1wdI=.jpg

Taking it for the Team Achievement

[spoiler=xsubl1mex1234]The Achievement Taking it for the team you need to win team deathmatch, team mafiya work, team car jack city cops n' crooks (i won on both sides don't know if it makes a difference as long as you win) and turf war.

I dont know if this has been posted yet but if found a quicker way to get Deal Breaker done

So once you made your way to the Deal take everyone out but leave one guy.Now assuming you are doing it with 4 people, two people need to kill themselves.Take the last guy out, collect all the packages

This way only the guys on the boat will spawn.

Give it a try

Worked for me 3 out of 3 times

Great guide so far, I've got two questions tho;

1. When do the Assassin missions start? I'm like 49% through, and don't think I've seen one yet.

2. Do you have a map view location of the ramps you talked about near the runway you could get the 5 flips from? Every time I go near the runway I get 4 stars lol. And I seriously haven't found an Insane jump yet!

They start after doing some missions for pegorino guy, don't know how to spell his name

For the stunt jumps go to the airport where it says, you will get 4 stars but they rarely shoot you. I done this in a police car. The things you do the jumps from don't look like ramps but they lift up a little bit i can't really describe them... they are yellow if i remember :S

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/QQ/DJ/14CLiGJhbC83CBoEGlxTVkYyL2FjaC8wLzJDAAAAAOfn5-jmAF0=.jpg

Liberty City Minute

Complete the story missions in less than 30 hours. 30 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Complete the GTA: IV storyline in under 30 hours. After completing the final mission, you will enter free play mode, where you can complete any side quests or hooker killing that you may have missed.

You can check your progress:

Start--> Stats--> General--> Playing Time

Advice for this achievement:

Taxis, Taxis, Taxis!

Everywhere you go take a cab from the streets, select your location and press "A". You will have to pay extra, but no time is wasted.

Also, cinematics, count towards your in-game clock. So if you're hardcore, or don't think you'll squeeze in you can save about 1-2 hours by not watching any cutscenes. But is it worth not knowing the story for 5 points? That's up to you.

worked for me :) got 4 strikes in row using it

Yeah. I had some trouble with it at first but it works really well. Just have a mental trick in mind so you hold the right stick back for exactly (pretty much) one second, and then press it forward.

In a full game of bowling I almost got a perfect game, but then I messed up the very last shot. Anyway, if it's not working for anyone, they're just not doing it the right way. It really does work.

If it doesn't, try to see which steps you're not following.

if you check the "Inside Xbox Live" option from your dashboard you can watch a short film showing you really easy ways to get 3 achievements for 120 points. they are "One Man Army," "Walk Free," & "Wheelie Rider." "Walk Free" & "Wheelie Rider" can be done in one try for even the average player & "One Man Army" can be done as long as you haven't opened up Alderney... otherwise, you will have to use the one of the other methods. but if you have an unopened Island where you can get an instant 6 star rating than just GPS the postion they show you in the video & hide out.

here is where I had my problem...

when I tried it the first time, I went to the Booth Tunnel (smaller bridge) leading to Alderney & shot a few officers at the blockade. when I drove up to the Algonquin Bridge walkway the officers looked for me but they stopped after about 45-60 seconds & the chase only lasted about 2 mins. the next try, I stayed at the top of the hill in front of the Booth Tunnel & shot a few officers with the sniper rifle. I waited for a decent amount of police to get on my tail & then made a run for the Algonquin Bridge walkway. this time they stayed searching... & found. good thing for the train tracks on the underside of the bridge or I would of been dead after about 3m30s. I ran all the way to the other end of the bridge & got the achievement about 3/4 of the way there. I actually escaped by driving a hi-jacked SUV to a PayN'Spray... don't know how I got away but I did so obviously there won't be TOO many cops following you underneath. just stay out of open sight of the helicopters...

hope this helps some people