Fly The Co-Op Times, Guide, Hints & Tips

Rza2002

Times To Beat & Forums Fastest Times

Deal Breaker - 7:04 / 6:43:872 (ps2asker - worlds fastest)

Hangmans Noose - 2:32 / 2:01:569 (RZA 2002 - worlds fastest) - i actually have top 3 on the leaderboard same 2 players across 3 gamertags, over 7 seconds clear of the next guy

Bomb Da Base II - 5:56 / 5:18:203 (Stan64) wolds fastest 4:57:882

And once i've set fast times if you go beating me i will be gutted :)

Playing With Friends

Nice to see R* shafted us by making us play a lot of games with idiots, but theres a way around this,

once u find players who're not complete idiots, set them as preferred players, make sure your all trying to join the same game type, join a game, if there not in it, press back then a, you will join another game rinse and repeat till the 3 of u are in the same game, once 3 of u are in, you can all kick the other guy (even if he is the host) then one of u will be host, and you can keep kicking players till you get a 4th player in who you like.... bad sportsmanship yes, bad feedback yes, beat R* times yes

How To Check Leaderboards

Go into single player, stats, then leaderboards, choose the game mode at the bottom and then ranked, press lb to show your time and your overall rank in the world is beside it, hangmans noose i'm 3rd fastest time, 6th on the list as its a 3 or 4 player game so multiple people with the same time

Other

If you have a faster time, hints tips, etc please post and let me know, at the moment i'm trying to do sub 2minutes on hangmans noose(so not got time to go beating my times on deal breaker and bombda base II).. i'll update this as we get more idea's

Deal Breaker - Time To Beat 7:04 (according to BradyGames Guide)

Best to play on 4 players, 2 people get in the car in the driveway and head to the meet, 2 people get in the car in the garage and drive to the helicopter location below

http://images35.fotki.com/v1164/free/049b9/1/179542/6169890/dealbreaker-vi.jpg?1209638819

Once u get to the meet, land the helicopter on the roof and start shooting up the place and heading down, the guys in the car shoot up the place and you meet in the middle,

(a couple of different ways to do it now)

1/ leave one of the packages on the bottom floor, 2 head back to the roof and 2 head back to the car picking up the last package on the way there, bikers spawn when u pick up the last package so in the helicopter kill the guy on the boat and head to the other bikers, hopefully the guys in the car have shot them up or caught them to help them kill them, and pick them up and fly to the end, land the helicopter and run into the garage to finish the level

2/ if you think your crazy enough you can get everyone in the chopper, get close to the water to kill the guy in the boat, and then fly around the streets shooting up the bikers it'll be much faster, but more likely to blow the helicopter up or crash

Hangmans Noose - by far the easiest level, 2 different strategy's - Time To Beat 2:32 (according to BradyGames Guide)

4 player

---------

2 of you head right at the start, into the little baggage car and drive straight down then left and to the end, grab a helicopter each, 1 of u head to the extraction point and land the helicopter away from the mark and run into the middle and the other fly's back and picks up petrovic and your other 2 team-mates who need to be shooting up the cops like mad, petrovic will not leave the jet unless there are no cops around him..

3 player - easiest method, but involves u getting 3 people together, and all kicking the 4th guy in the room, if you all ready up the game will start

-----------

whoever has the best chopper skills uses the method above to head round and collect the chopper, the 2 left shoot up the cops like mad (covering each other, and killing all the cops who approach behind petrovic's jet, throw grenades at the vans as they appear to take them out) keep shooting till the guy in the helicopter returns, once petrovic is running to the heli, (and gonna get in without getting shot) the 2 of you get in the heli and you fly to the end, land/crash on the yellow arrow and the mission is finished

2 player - hardest but fastest times

-----------

you need to get 2 of u in the same room, tell the room u want to play 3 player, team up and kick 1 guy, then the 2 of u kick the other guy and ready up, one goes for the chopper and one shoots up the cops, you should be able to get the message saying petrovic is ready to be picked up before the guy even has the chopper, keep shooting the cops and cover petrovic get in chopper same time as him and fly to the end

**WARNING** if you die petrovic automatically dies as there is no-one to defend him, so maybe practice in player match first.. i'm top of both the ranked and player leaderboards with my m8

Bomb Da Base II - by far the hardest lever - Time To Beat 5:56 (according to BradyGames Guide)

Best to play on 4 players, and the best strategy is dont die, 5:56 is a crazy fast time, at the start get 2 cars with 2 people in them, chase down the truck, trying to shoot it up and take out the people in the jeeps in front of it and behind it as thats who normally shoots you.. the back of the van opens and 2 people shoot from there as well.... get everyone in the vehicle and head to the helicopter, (not sure if the cutscene here adds to the time or if you can skip it, get the craziest guy in the drivers seat and head to the boat, land the helicopter in the middle of the boat and 3 people get out and go shooting the place up head towards the lowest bomb point, and the pilot heads to the higher bomb point, hope you dont get killed and once both bomb are placed a countdown starts, i just ran upstairs, jumped in the water and swam for a bit till the cutscene started

Hey RZA, thanks for the tips. I think I got a 2:30 with you flying the helicopter and maybe a 2:32 on my own.

Where do you find the Global high scores and where can I check mine?

Also do you have any tips on avoiding Petrovich having one of his spastic moments where he gets off the wrong side of the plane? He can be bumped to the right side of the plane but by that point the record is all over.

Hey RZA, thanks for the tips. I think I got a 2:30 with you flying the helicopter and maybe a 2:32 on my own.

Where do you find the Global high scores and where can I check mine?

Also do you have any tips on avoiding Petrovich having one of his spastic moments where he gets off the wrong side of the plane? He can be bumped to the right side of the plane but by that point the record is all over.

in single player, pause it, go to leaderboards, then choose the game type and ranked

This achievements is one of the most fun and one of the most frustrating ones at the same time....

As of now I have cleared Hangman's NOOSE and Bomb da Base II.

Bomb da Base II

Can be done with 2-4 people. But it's easier to be more than two.

Take two cars with two people in each.

Shoot down the ice cream van.

(It helps to shoot the driver in the jeep, but if you can't take them out in a couple of seconds it's better to concentrate the firepower on the truck)

One guy takes the ice cream van, the rest returns with the same cars.

*sequence that adds 15 seconds to your timer*

Take the helicopter and crash into the antenna at the right top of the boat and everybody should jump ASAP.

(if you go into the water you need to swim around the right side of the boat, but that shouldn't happen)

The ones who survive should take the top bomb spot, if you have muchos life just run into the cabin.

Then rush the bottom of the boat all of you.

When you set the bomb down in the boat everyone down there should pick up grenades and press fire quick and blow themelves up.

Then jump of the boat, into the water or whatever.

I think Deal Breaker might be doable with 2 people only, but I havent been able to try it today.

Got 8:30 something witha buddy yesterday and we could have shaved off the 1:30 if we would not have died(i think anyway), and had the the last bikers come by boat and not bikes.

I almost got the world record with a buddy earlier, but unfortunately he missed the easiest landing ever and crashed in the water :(

Got 7:09 the round after though so should be under 7:04 soon...

Edit: 6:43 now :) Even though my buddy totallt fucked up the last landing and caused 10 seconds delay.

I almost got the world record with a buddy earlier, but unfortunately he missed the easiest landing ever and crashed in the water :(

Got 7:09 the round after though so should be under 7:04 soon...

Edit: 6:43 now :) Even though my buddy totallt fucked up the last landing and caused 10 seconds delay.

great time m8, what strategy did you use, and how many player? this is gonna be the next one i attempt after i try and knock a second or two off hangmans noose... but overall pretty good for the the website/forum when we have worlds fastest times on 2 of the 3 levels

2 players. 1 take Heli and other take car at the start.

car guy works up and Heli guy works down and take them all out that way.

After that you should hope the bikers are in the boat and not on bikes(its either one of them, not both), the guy that is downstairs goes to the waters edge and shoots the boat with rocket launcher while the guy upstairs takes the Heli down and picks the other guy up.

After that it's a race to the finish :)

Anyone know if you half to keep the settings on hard? or can you keep it on easy. It doesn't say in the achievement.

Couple of us could of had deal breaker done in 6:59 earlier today. But you always got one person who screws it up. He decides not to get chopper, b/c the other person wouldn't let him the chopper to the checkpoint. So he takes off in the car and drives there. After the timer said 7:05 i just left the room so pissed off. R* needs to come out with patch quick, so you can play with friends in coop. They got to play with each other when they set the times, we should be able to do the same.

• 2 years later...
Anyone know if you half to keep the settings on hard? or can you keep it on easy. It doesn't say in the achievement.
The difficulty can be anything. Whether Easy, Medium, or Hard, you will get the achievement if you finish before Rockstar's time.

I just finished Bomb da Base II in about 5 minutes on Easy, and I got the "Fly the Co-Op" achievement.

Times To Beat & Forums Fastest Times

Deal Breaker - 7:04 / 6:43:872 (ps2asker - worlds fastest)

Hangmans Noose - 2:32 / 2:01:569 (RZA 2002 - worlds fastest) - i actually have top 3 on the leaderboard same 2 players across 3 gamertags, over 7 seconds clear of the next guy

Bomb Da Base II - 5:56 / 5:18:203 (Stan64) wolds fastest 4:57:882

By the way, you should update those times or get rid of them. They are no longer the world's fastest. Edited by XP1

lol ya that was kinda an old post.
Yes, I have realized that this is an old thread, but someone (like me) who searches for answers on Google is not going to care if this thread is from 2008, 2009, or 2010. The answer is still relevant for that person.

was it easy for you to find a game online? my GTA IV copy is scratched and i want to get another so i can finish achievements. just wondering cause last time i tried it took forever to find a deathmatch :(
On most of the Xbox 360 ranked matches, I don't have a problem finding a nearly full room. In a couple minutes, the Deathmatch room was filled with more than several people, and I was able to start the game.

However, now in December 2010, I did have trouble finding enough people to play Mafia Work, Car Jack City, and Turf War. For Car Jack City and Team Car Jack City, I had to wait hours for enough people to join. Even though a couple people join, they mostly quit because the wait is too long, and the room stays at "Game needs more players..." The wait for Mafia Work and Turf War are shorter than for Team Car Jack City (the worst wait time).

Today, I finally got the "Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic" achievement after waiting about an hour for 5 people to join and start Team Car Jack City. :)

When did you last try?

If you are having problems, your connection may not be good. Where are you located? What is your ISP? How is your Xbox 360 connected? Does your Xbox 360 have an open NAT? If you have a strict NAT, you will have problems connecting with people on Xbox Live. etc...

As you can see, a lot of these variables on your side can affect the number of players in online matches.

Edited by XP1