Veteran Map Pack DLC Achievement Guide

Matt Jo

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I have to kill Dalton after destroying all the things?

Cause I am at the 48 Screens and destroyed them, killed myself, destroyed them and the achievement doesn't unlock. Do I have to play to the next checkpoint after destroying them or do I also have to kill Dalton?

Do I have to kill Dalton after destroying all the things for the Arnold Braunschweiger Achievement?

Cause I am at the 48 Screens and destroyed them, killed myself, destroyed them and the achievement doesn't unlock. Do I have to play to the next checkpoint after destroying them or do I also have to kill Dalton?

Edit:

Sorry, can anyone erase the post above? I didn't choose "Edit" but "Quote" and didn't think, sorry. It's late :<

• 2 weeks later...
Damn that back to back is tough, still havn't gotten passed it! Has anyone actually done it solo?

I have, not that bad.. just keep shooting and look up more than on your level cause its harder to find the guys on the top floor then the guys running at you on your floor.

• 3 weeks later...
For the destroy 300 objects achievements, theres a really good area which has 48 objects making up one big screen.

If you wanna put that in your guide then feel free. I think its usefull for those who don't wanna play it more than once like me ;)

Description:

Just go on level 8 until you get to the room with the finger scans and stuff. In the background you'll see a HUGE monitor with Salem and Rios's faces' on. Run through this area until you hit the checkpoint (the one where you kick down a door.)

Then run out of the door, and head left.

You'll now see the big monitor is 48 little tv's making up a bigger picture. Destroy these, then load the checkpoint, repeat 6 times and waheeey. Easy.

Doesn't work mate. I tried that. The DLC is set up differently than the main game. when you RESTART from previous checkpoint, it means RESTART. You lose credit for all destroyed objects you got after the last checkpoint.

What you can do is destroy all the TVs from the catwalks, go downstairs to get a checkpoint, die, then when you respawn downstairs, the TVs are back and you can break them again, do so, then go do the 2nd biometric to get another checkpoint, die, and destroy all the TVs again. Unfortunately you have to then replay the level to redo the 3 checkpoint thing.

I'll say it again: Reloading the same checkpoint over and over does not save your destroy count.

No, the guide was informative. Just the checkpoint repeat part of it was inaccurate. Without the guide I would have only been shooting TVs and had to play the 8th level many times to get the achievement because I didn't know the chairs (oh so many chairs).

I should add shooting the glass walls of the offices and breaking them doesn't count towards your 300, nor do laptops (unless you see the screen go black. a bullet hole does not mean destroyed apparently). But the lamps in the guest louge, the chairs, TVs, clocks, and fire extinguishers do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3. Arnold Braunschweiger

You must destroy 300 destructible objects. Very easily done on Level 8. It will take about 1.5-2 playthroughs of level 8 to do this. Almost anything can be destroyed from fire extinguishers to electrical boxes, to chairs to laptops to TV's etc. In the level there will be a massive fight in an office area, there will be tons of offices on the main room and in side rooms with plenty to destroy (laptops, chairs, clocks, TV's) and then there will be another fight in Dalton's main room before the vault where you will be a huge screen with Tyson and Rios' face on it. That huge screen has 48 individual screens which can all be destroyed. There is nothing more to really say for this achievement though, just shoot anything that looks like it can be destroyed. You can also find an area, destroy everything than die and come back and keep rinsing and repeating. But after a maximum of 2 playthroughs of the level destroying everything you see you should have it. I got it in 1 and a half playthroughs. It unlocked on my second playthrough in the massive TV room with Tyson and Rios' face on the screen. Oh yea and also if you are doing co-op you must each destroy 300 objects, you can't get 150 than have your partner get 150, each person must destroy 300.

I just played mission 8, and i must have got about 150 -200 ish, and I completed the level, when I go back to that level say from the start will it still count the previous ones that I have taken down?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

2. Mission 8 Complete

You must beat this mission on Professional for the achievement. The mission is called "Miami Alternate Ending" and is not terribly hard if done with a partner in online co-op. Mission 8 is not terribly hard until the end where you face off against Dalton. To defeat him make sure your both packing stingers. It should take about 4 rockets to knock him off the catwalk as long as each one was locked on. To easily pull this off make sure once the cutscene ends you run out side of the vault and shoot the stingers from outside the vault door, Dalton will keep circling around so take your time and wait until he walks into your line of sight. Once he is knocked down a cutscene will start. After it ends run imeediatley to one of the little bunkers, they are where all those electrical units are and they are lower down and provide great cover. WATCH OUT for a guy on the second floor who will be firing rockets at you, try to take him out quickly. As for Dalton turn on your GPS to see where he is, try chucking grenades at him and shoot him when he occasionally pops out of cover, try to keep moving around though from "bunker" to "bunker". What my friend and I did was eventually he got into 2X Damage mode and I was in Stealth mode, we were both close to Dalton so he started firing on Dalton with 2X Damage and I ran over in Stealth and started firing into his head. I suggest using the gun with the most damage which is the PKM, as your primary weapon. Anyways once your stealth/2X damage mode is done you should have Dalton down to literally no health if not dead, if this is the case just keep shooting him once the mode ends, and he should die. He died for my friend and I literally once my stealth mode was done.

This is a good plan but what me and my friend FatalBig Sobe did was ounce we finally face dalton we ran into the vault and took cover at the doors because for some reason all of daltons nades couldnt hit us unless we stood directly in front of the door. Sobe is the bettr sniper so he shot at dalton while i drew aggro to give him betr accuracy. The only thing to worry about is the rpg fellow who can be easily killed he will be hiding on the upper platform behind cover to the right. Then he drew aggro and i snuck around to kill dalton. It did take about 3 hours only because we didnt know what to do, figuring out what to do, and because it was on professional. I hope this helps.

I bought the Pack 8 on ranked multiplayer. No achievement wth anyone else have this problem??

Edit: i just played again and did it and it unlocked this time :p

I tried getting this for a couple of friends and they didnt get it we believe it is because you have to download the veteran pack fully and then go for it

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

after trying many methods listed here to kill Dalton in less that 40 seconds and none of them working, I said fuck it and we both just grapped our fully upgraded AK-47s and he fell before getting to the corner. prob 10 secs. Then he went around the right, and I went around the left and we finished unloading on him from both sides, still with our AKs. worked like a charm.

The problem with the rocket launcher is that the only one with enough ammo takes about 15 minutes to reload the damn thing. And the problem with the snipers is that too often, he would duck down for too long, wasting valuable seconds and there are lots of obstacle in your way. So it's really hard to get an open shot.

I'm not saying those methods don't work. I'm sure they do. But once we switched to the "AK only" method we got it on the first try.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...