Achievements - Guide

Monsterbox

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/kI/SU/0ICLiGJhbC9GFQUbXVJRGEQxL2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn-7uEiw==.jpgScourge of the Air - Destory 50 helicopters - If you take out a loan from the loan office (First Born Loans) and don't pay it back on time, the loan shark will try and hunt you down. After repelling them a few times, they will eventually show up in a helicopter trying to get you to pay up. They never die and will continue to respawn in the helicopter once it gets to that stage. Shoot down the helicopter 50 times then repay the loan and you're good to go.

or

Use this work of art as a reference

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g312/aperfektfiaw/hidingspot.jpg

1. locate and head to sloppy seconds on your map... (red square)

2. start killing cops til you reach 4 stars

3. hide behind the building on the lifted piece of ground (blue arrow)... you have to go between the 2 buildings across the street from sloppy seconds to get there.

4. you wont have to worry about cops if you stay near the fence because they will spawn on the other side of it... just worry about the choppers

Tips:

A. shoot the pilot (if you can) not the chopper... it will crash if you kill the pilot

B. the sniper and the 44 shepherd work BEST on the pilot (1 shot if you hit him)

C. bring the rpg, shot gun, and uzi, there may be times when you can't hit the pilot

D. STAY NEAR THE FENCE... it keeps the cops on the other side, and it helps towards your chopper destruction count because if you are too far from the chopper crash it wont count

I found an easier way to do this achievement, for anyone else still needing it. You have to finish the Hitman activities and Los Carnales story line before doing it though.

Once you have that completed, run to your crib near the airport (Los Carnales crib) and fill up on all ammo, making sure you grab the platinum RPG. From there, either head out and get a wanted level, or just jump onto the roof, which you will need to do anyway.

How do you get onto the roof? From the bedroom where you have all your stuff (stash, weapons, save and clothing), head down the hall to the other side of the house, staying upstairs. Here, there is a larger bedroom with 2 doors going outside. The one on the left takes you to the balcony around the pool and leads back to the first bedroom. The one on the right, however, leads to a tiny balcony. This balcony overhangs the driveway. Here, you can jump on the railing, right next to the roof above the driveway, and from there, jump onto the roof. You cannot get up to the top of the house (trust me, I have tried), but you can stay up here.

Once you are on the roof, start shooting cops to get your wanted level up to 4 stars. As long as you stay on the roof, the police cannot get to you, and will just crowd up on the driveway. They also cannot shoot you, except at a distance, but as long as you have a few other weapons (which you should after finishing hitman) you can pick them off easy. Being on the roof gives you a nice clear shot at the helicopters when they come around. Just make sure you stay on the roof at all times unless you are going to run back and refill your ammo.

I tried other methods from this guide, the forums, and other places too, but none were as effective and easy as this one I found on my own. Originally, I wasn't even trying to get this achievement this way. I was going the slow and painless route, as suggested by another guide. It recommended borrowing money and waiting till they send helicopters after you. What they did not say is that they only send people after you once every 4-8 in-game hours. So you would have to wait almost 2 weeks in game to get the achievement. The only nice thing is it will not give you a wanted level, but it takes forever.

Also, I did not read all of the posts on here or in all the other threads in this forum, so if someone else posted this method already, I apologize and don't mean to suggest I was the only person to figure this out.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guide m8 really appreciated it.

Does anyone know a way to find out how much civilliands you have killed with melee coz i'm not sure if i'm doing it correctly :S

when i got this achievment i just went round killing people with a baseball bat eventually you will get it bt if you have ued cheats then u wont be able to get it the same problem is happening with my friend if u use cheats i think it permenantly disables all acheivments in the game because iused a cheat and took over all the vice kings territory and didnt get the achievment :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, those insurance fraud activities have got to be the most rage inducing aspect of the game. It's pretty bad that vehicles drive straight through junctions and cut lanes during normal game play (don't get any of that in GTA IV), but that gets even worse during IF mode. And the number of times the damn area has changed microseconds before a head on collision...

• 3 years later...