Achievement Guide

Awesome guide, thankyou. I don't really understand the 200 production per turn thing, it's so hard to get. I'll try to follow your guide. :D

Play a normal Chieftain-difficulty game as the Americans, settle a city in an area with large mountains (doesn't have to be your capital, as any city will do), have that city build iron mines/workshops/factories, set that city's citizens to Production (or customize them so that nobody is working on anything but production once the city is big enough), and finally switch to Communism. I managed to squeeze out 214 production in my mountain city by 1900 CE. If you need just a few more production points, remember that gold, science, and food are worthless (for this achievement) once you have a big enough city, so customize your workers so that they are working in the city to get the +1 production.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great guide i am only one achievement away from perfect 1000, i can't seem to find all the great people :( i have followed the video posted (which helped a lot by the way) i will try to play a normal campaign instead of lightning scenario to see if i can get all the great people, i am missing only three (can't remember who)

I just have one tip didn't see it anywhere on here when I was trying to get the "That We May Live in Peace" achievement, where you win before 1000Ad I was having problems getting to last dude because he was so far away. Some advice that will make this even easier is build new cities closer and closer to your last capital you have to take over and don't even bother with the farther cities just make buildings or something that will make more gold or science. You'll be able to pump out enough horse units and get them there alot faster, not giving them a alot of time to build up their defensive units. That was the only method that seem to work for me. If this was posted somewhere else my apologies.

Play a normal Chieftain-difficulty game as the Americans, settle a city in an area with large mountains (doesn't have to be your capital, as any city will do), have that city build iron mines/workshops/factories, set that city's citizens to Production (or customize them so that nobody is working on anything but production once the city is big enough), and finally switch to Communism. I managed to squeeze out 214 production in my mountain city by 1900 CE. If you need just a few more production points, remember that gold, science, and food are worthless (for this achievement) once you have a big enough city, so customize your workers so that they are working in the city to get the +1 production.

Thanks so much for the help Kekvit Irae! :)

I seem to have a problem getting the "Absolute Power Is Kind Of Neat" achievement, I started the game on

Civilization - English

Scenario - Beta Centauri

Difficulty - King

I played through it and won without changing goverment, any ideas to what has happened?

EDIT: Managed to get it using Aztecs on lightning round and winning a technology victory on King.

Edited by J.Waddo

I seem to have a problem getting the "Absolute Power Is Kind Of Neat" achievement, I started the game on

Civilization - English

Scenario - Beta Centauri

Difficulty - King

I played through it and won without changing goverment, any ideas to what has happened?

EDIT: Just read a few posts above, and can anyone tell me which civilizations start with despotism?

I got it by using the Greeks on Beta Centauri and going for a Technology victory.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick post to say that last night I was aiming for the That We May Live in Peace, win by 1000 AD. Naturally I was Aztecs. However when I finished the game I'd also unlocked Power Never Takes a Back Step, which is to win with only 1 city, despite conquering all of the capitals by 800AD. So it must mean that you cannot build (and maybe culture flip) a city. It would also have unlocked Absolute Power is Kind of Neat naturally.

On the other side, I stole the Great Person David from the Aztecs in the 2nd game (I was Egyptian) and David has NOT appeared on my Great Persons wall. So you have to make them appear yourself.

Missing 3 Great People now. :(

In the Civopedia for great people, each one has a relevent tech. Like Agamemmnon has Iron Working.

Davids is Monarchy... so does that mean I need to research Monarchy before He'll appear? Logically speaking then, my best shot is with the English I take it?

And what are people recomendations for which civs to use for each victory on Deity?

I'm thinking:

Domination: Aztecs/Roman

Technological: Aztecs/Greek

Cultural: French

Economic: Spanish

??

Im playing using the tech strategy on deity for the achievement and it always seems impossible to get 24 techs before ne1 else. Ive tried as the greeks twice and the aztecs twice even the chinese and the indians still either everyone sees me as a threat for getting too many achievements early on and declares war on me taking each of my cities one by one or the chinese, japs, or english get the 24 techs before i can. Are there any additional tips i cn get on this achievement. This game builds up my hopes when i get to 23 techs just to crush them when the next turn my advisor anounces in his scooby doo like laugh that china has developed 24 techs i really would like to be able to beat china once in the tech race so i can rub there faces in it.

Im playing using the tech strategy on deity for the achievement and it always seems impossible to get 24 techs before ne1 else. Ive tried as the greeks twice and the aztecs twice even the chinese and the indians still either everyone sees me as a threat for getting too many achievements early on and declares war on me taking each of my cities one by one or the chinese, japs, or english get the 24 techs before i can. Are there any additional tips i cn get on this achievement. This game builds up my hopes when i get to 23 techs just to crush them when the next turn my advisor anounces in his scooby doo like laugh that china has developed 24 techs i really would like to be able to beat china once in the tech race so i can rub there faces in it.

Always check the status of other civilizations by hitting the diplomacy button. This allows you to see if you have a chance at all (and hence not waste your time). Also, when first starting the game always buy any technology you can from other civilizations. Saving the 5-8 turns researching a basic technology can give you the win.

Also, you can always consider not playing the lightning round and just winning a traditional technological victory.

• 3 weeks later...

"Such Joy Ambition Finds 45 " Is pissing me the fk off... I follow exactly what you explain and I can't win a victory.. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but everyone wants to start war with me.. Not just one nation, but all at the same time.. WTF???????

Edit : Also does anyone knows how to get Alchimedes?? He's the only one I"m missing. :/

Edited by DirtyMcHater

• 1 month later...

I managed to knock out 3 of the Deity acheivements last night using the example of the Greeks and two cities (not more than 2!) that was given for the Economic victory. I got the economic victory, reloaded, and 5 turns later had the cultural victory. Then I started cranking out the Bombers and had the domination victory a while later.

I just need 1000AD and Technology and I'm set.

• 3 weeks later...
First of all, I want to say that I’ve read all of the posts here, and I feel as if you guys haven’t read mine…I said that this guide will see conclusion by this weekend. I know the guide isn’t 100%, but at the time of me making it, I didn’t have the game.

But now I do, and I’ve played it and within 5 hours of gaming, I had all the deity achievements, and I’ll be tweaking the guide so that everyone else can get the achievements easy as pie also.

The hardest achievement for me to get was the Technology achievement on Deity. But I did use the scenario Lightning Round, but definitely will need some tweaking. I know this.

I don’t mind constructive criticism, but for you to post that I have no idea how to play the game and blah blah blah is in truth, nothing but mean spirited, and I’ll keep it at that

But whatever, I’m really just posting to let you guys know that the guide is gonna be tweaked and when it is, it should be easier for you guys to go through the game. And honestly if you read the guide you will see that not all the deity achievements point to the domination achievement…I fixed that on Thursday I believe.

And for you guys who say this is a hard 1000, I would have you rethink that, I’ve put in about 6 hours of gaming into the game and need 11 achievements…7 of those I believe are winning with individual civs.

Oh and one more thing, if this is your first time playing a civilization game, and for some of you it does seem that way, you probably shouldn’t have jumped into Deity feet first.

Frankly, your guide helped me to get all of the scenario/difficulty acheivements in one day. Thank you for making it. By using the Lightning Round method, with the Aztecs, on Deity, I unlocked 5 seperate acheivements. I was going for a Tech victory.

For those spending time bashing the OP for trying to help you: Shame on you. Due to AI and general computer cheatingness (and you know damn well it does), not every strategy is going to work every time. It took me 4 tries to get the Aztec/Tech victory. Try again, it does work.

Something to help folks having problems: Having a high culture will make everything grow faster. You get more Great People, better reaction from your neighbors, everything. If your advisor is stating that you are anything less than CIVILIZED, then you will fail.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/420/s49.jpgAbsolute Power is Kind of Neat 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg Win without changing governments on King difficulty or higher.

Follow the guide for Power Never Takes a Back Step, but DON'T change your government. If you want you can use another civilization, such as the English as they start with Monarchy, or any other civilization. Just DON'T and I repeat DON'T change your government and you'll get the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/420/s50.jpgPower Never Takes a Back Step 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg Win with only one city on at least King difficulty.

Start on King

Scenario ---- Beta Centauri

Civilization ---- The Greeks

Type of victory: Economic

Once the game has started:

Change your government to Monarchy. Defend with your 1st Modern Infantry. Barbarians will attack you but they will be no matches for your Infantry. Put city on Production. Build the Cathedral & Courthouse. Use a Great Person to build the Magna Carta for you, Build the Bank.

Settle 1 of each Great Person in your City, namely the ones that will increase output of culture and gold. Use another Great Person to complete The Internet.

Change City to Gold.

From here you can continue to build buildings and wonders, but mainly you’ll be just collecting gold, round after round. It should be noted that you will be challenged by other civilizations, but try to give them what they want to keep peace, though do try not to give them a lot of gold.

Also, you can build a few units near the end if it will make you feel more secure, but 8/10 times you won’t need more then just the infantry you started off with.

Once you’ve reached 20,000 gold, go into wonders and start building the World Bank, and you should easily be able to unlock your achievement.

You can also use this method to achieve an economic victory on Diety difficulty and unlock the Achievement Playing the Game.

Want to give a Special Thanks to Gevexx, VAS Black Mamba, Asgorath, Roaming Dragon, pts100, TheMystic and tastefulmrship for allowing me to use their tips.

Absolute power worked forme when I tried it on emperor(whatever comes after king) and used the greeks (they start w/ depotism) didnt change it and it poped it for me.

• 3 weeks later...

There's two achievements that can be obtained much easier..

Firstly, "Here's looking at you, kid". Start by watching the video in the main guide for methods of generating culture quickly, and watch the end of the video to find out which people you are missing, write down their names. If you open your Civlopedia and navigate to famous people, you can find information about all of them. Find the folks you're missing and read more about them, it tells you exactly what structures or research you need in order to get them. Build those structures/research those fields then stop producing and researching, focus solely on culture like in the video. They'll show up a lot sooner than they would on beta.

Secondly, "Power never takes a back step", for winning with only one city. The achievement guide recommends that this achievement be got with a cultural victory, however I unlocked this while winning a DOMINATION victory. At the end of the game I had 10+ cities under my control. The achievement description appears to be slightly incorrect as it should say 'win without settling a second city'. As long as you use the settlers (the ones for getting 100 gold) to increase the population size of your main city, and don't produce additional settlers, the achievement should still pop. I have no way to confirm, but it certainly worked for me, so it's worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...